Atria Crossgate

140 Washington Avenue Extension, Albany, NY, 12203

Reviews of Atria Crossgate

May 11, 2014

By Jeff20

I liked the location, the cleanliness, and the friendliness of Atria. The rooms were very big. They were nice rooms. They had a full bath and a kitchen. The staff was kind and friendly. The dining area was clean, neat, and organized. It was a well-structured and modern building.

October 11, 2013

By Carol67355450

We felt mother needed more socialization with people her age and that she would have some interaction other than just being at home. So, we picked Atria Crossgate on that criteria. She stayed there for four years, which indicates that we were pleased by her being there. I liked the ambiance because it was small and she did not have to go on an elevator to get to her quarters. She stayed on her own studio apartment. The people around her were caring. The other residents were very nice and considerate. I liked the fact that it is very low key. It had a fireplace that kept lit in the wintertime which was very cozy. It is small enough that you get the feeling that people are not remote. People are familiar. A lot of the caregivers were Indian, which was a little difficult. We were dealing with people who have heavy accents. We're not sure they understand or know the culture that well, so that was a little off putting. But that was only in the very end that we had that.

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that you found our community to be pleasant and that your mother enjoyed her stay with us. I apologize for any cultural barriers that may have existed between the staff and the residents. I will certainly share your review with the appropriate departments to make sure that our communication with residents and families is clear so that we meet the expectations of those who choose to live with us. If we can be of any assistance to you at any time, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line.

Photos of Atria Crossgate

Services & Amenities of Atria Crossgate

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

About Atria Crossgate

At Atria Crossgate, you'll experience luxurious country living with the perfect balance of relaxation and activity. Whether you're sitting by the community pond with friends and family or enjoying a delicious meal in our restaurant-style dining area, our caring and dedicated staff strives to meet your every need. Located in New York's state capital, Atria Crossgate is easily accessible from I-90 and the New York State Thruway.

Atria Crossgate offers the following services:

• 24-hour availability of a trained staff
  • A choice of apartments
  • A full-time director for events and activities
  • An emergency call system in every apartment
  • Anytime Cafe with complimentary snacks and beverages
  • Assistance with activities of daily living
  • Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
  • Medication assistance