2 Memory Care Facilities near Traverse City, MI
Also serving communities of Cadillac.
Bay Ridge Assisted Living Center3825 Scenic Ridge Road, Traverse City, MI
Cherry Hill Haven4885 N Long Lake Road, Traverse City, MI
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Traverse City area find the memory care community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 3 reviews of memory care communities in the Traverse City area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 2 memory care communities in the Traverse City area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Memory Care in Traverse City
Traverse City, a small community of about 15,000 residents in northern Michigan known for its river walk and plentiful parks, is home to close to 3,000 people over age 65. A growing number of these seniors are among the 180,000 Michiganders who have Alzheimer's disease. Over time, affected seniors require increasingly higher levels of care to thrive. With this in mind, Traverse City offers two memory care facilities designed to provide safe, nurturing environments for seniors with memory loss.
Memory care facilities in Traverse City, as in the rest of Michigan, may be stand-alone facilities or distinct parts of nursing homes or assisted living communities. In either case, they may be licensed by the state of Michigan's Department of Human Services as homes for the aged (HFAs), adult foster care homes (AFCs) or nursing home facilities.
- Seniors in Traverse City may be able to take advantage of several Michigan state tax breaks. Notably, the state exempts retirees' Social Security income and offers a substantial deduction on other kinds of retirement income.
- In the event of medical emergencies or illness, seniors can seek care at Traverse City's Munson Medical Center, which is the region's largest hospital. Munson's advanced neurology care team is available to treat patients with Alzheimer's disease and other memory disorders.
- The likelihood of a senior in Traverse City becoming a victim of a property or violent crime is about one out of 39, which is higher than the average crime rate across the U.S. However, memory care facilities are generally secure environments with policies and procedures in place to ensure residents' safety.
- Traverse City's snowy, bitterly cold winters, with average low temperatures of just 15 degrees Fahrenheit, can be hard on residents, especially seniors who may be more susceptible to the cold and wet. On average, about 110 inches of snow descend on Traverse City each year.
Paying for Memory Care in Traverse City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Memory Care costs in Traverse City start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of memory care is $4,723 per month.
It’s important to note that memory care rates in Traverse City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Memory Care in Traverse City
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Memory Care in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Memory Care
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for memory care, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance memory care costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance memory care, visit our Memory Care in Michigan page.
Free Memory Care Resources in Traverse City
Traverse City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Memory Care Facilities in Traverse City
Directory of Winners in Traverse City Area
Memory Care Laws and Regulations in Traverse City
Traverse City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Memory Care in Michigan page for more information about these laws.