Broadmoor Medical Lodge

5242 Medical Drive,, Rockwall, TX, 75032

Reviews of Broadmoor Medical Lodge

Cindy Chan August 05, 2016

My stepdad entered this facility for Rehab on Friday. It was a horrible experience and my mom took him out 2 days later. They didn't have his medicine, refused to give him a walker until he was evaluated and my mom asked another person and they gave him one, but the wheel was bent and it pulled to the right. He had knee replacement surgery and was promised by this facility he would have therapy everyday and no therapy was given. First night he asked for help to the restroom and nurse said when I finish with the man that was in the other bed and he told him he could not wait because the hospital had given him medicine to help his kidneys act, so he got up and went by himself and fell in the restroom. He was black and blue the next day from the fall. When asked for an icepack they said they didn't have one. He was not put in a Rehab section, he was put in a room with a man that talks to himself and wears diapers. We asked for a T.V. remote and never received one. Dividing room curtain was soiled.

MsMe April 21, 2016

Very close friend of mine is currently in Broadmoor Medical Lodge. I and her family are very pleased with the nursing home and their staff as a whole. She first went for what was thought to be a short time but it did not work out that way, Now it is where she calls home. I visit her often and she always is well cared for. Her needs are met and we could not be more pleased.

missmisty April 20, 2016

My mother went to Broadmoor for rehab and I must say they are a amazing facility. My mother was very well taken care of and they treated her like she was family. The nurses where very compassionate and very loving to her also the aids where always in there checking on her to make sure all of her needs where met. I would highly recommend this facility

Dnelln April 20, 2016

My grandmother was admitted to Broadmoor for rehab. She received excellent care. The therapists were absolutely wonderful with her. Especially Amber! Once she completed rehab we decided to have her stay for long-term care. She was treated like a family member and I couldn't ask for anything more. Samantha is the most loving, caring CNA I have ever met!

Family 19 April 11, 2016

My dad was admitted for rehabilitation services for a total knee replacement. Therapy services are not provided on Sunday (I think the Good Lord would want my dad to get healing support). He asked for pain meds on his first morning but had to ask 3 different staff members, and he finally received his prescribed meds after 3 hours. The nurse on duty explained, "I wasn't there." When I asked that my dad not be placed in this situation again, he walked off. Aide staff commented that I should have pressed harder. Despite that kernel of support, aide staff impressed as extremely unprofessional and marginally competent. I could offer specific examples, but I fear it will dilute my overall review. That said, I purchased a cell phone for my dad because, despite all sorts of efforts to encourage independence, phones will not call out of state. Oh, and I took a photo of the nursing station with one staff member on her cell phone and another openly sleeping, at 12 noon. Beautiful grounds, really sub-par medical, nursing, rehab services. Unanswered call buttons on all wings. God forbid you ask what the beeping's about...

Brookie March 15, 2016

Worst facility to put your family's in. nurse don't respond to patient fast, all they do is sit on there chair and stuff there face. Left my family dehydrated and wet. And the adon did not do anything or Mr black.

aggiefan February 09, 2016

The worse ever high turn over and my mom was dehydrated and her feeding tube was infected spend 3 weeks in ICU. I had to hunt for water and their cups was taken away back in Dec... She had pressure sores on her back bone. Always had to deal with yeast infection under her breasts... beautiful place but no care...always a new nurse and the nurse called to tell me that these problems just happen that the hospital was wrong...

cinny1223 January 22, 2016

My mother is staying at this facility since last year. She recently was admitted to the hospital for kidney failure due to dehydration. This makes me ill as I live in PA. She is now back at the nursing home. Very sad.

Outraged and Disappointed January 19, 2016

Such a beautiful facility, too bad they have the most HORRIBLE CARE! Took my father in for therapy to get stronger and go home. After TWO weeks he continually got WORSE until we had to RETURN him to the HOSPITAL. Waited 45 minutes or longer to get help to go to the bathroom daily. No water (or anything) to drink except with meals. Gave him medication he was not supposed to have due to severe reactions after being told not to. Overworked and under staffed aids and nurses. One sleeping in therapy area due to overwork. My father developed pneumonia as a result of their inadequate care. He was on oxygen and they came in to give him a breathing treatment at night, found mask on table, hose in drawer and machine still running the next day. The administrator Mr. Black did nothing to help and did not care. Please if you love someone do not take them to this facility!

Missy5 March 19, 2015

Broadmoor was a beautiful facility. The dining room was very nice. It was well set up, and it was very beautiful. They did give us an activity list like dominos, movie nights, and sport nights. The people that we dealt with were super nice, and they seemed to really care about my mother. They didn't have a room available when we needed it. Had they had an availability, we probably would have put my mother there. We really liked that place.

Schelot March 27, 2014

Terrible facility. Took my husband home after three days. Very neglectful. Never offered any water other than to take meds. Not one glass. Breakfast was 1 tbs of scrambled eggs with 1 piece of bacon. Nothing else. Spilled orange juice. Left floor sticky. Had to ask for cleanup. Brought him food (which was allowed) and would not give to him! Ask for help to urinate. Never came. Sat in urine for 3-1/2 hrs and still would not change til after he ate

jetwin March 10, 2014

I recently put my husband at Broadmoor Medical Lodge. He had cancer and I found the staff to be attentive and caring not only for him but my family as well as my self. The aides were quick to meet his needs. PT department was faithful to work with him daily. I felt everyone provided excellent care and communication. When he had to go to the hospital for a procedure even the hospital staff was complimentary of their expertise and care. I can't say enough thank you's to the staff. Even though he lost the battle with the cancer he felt loved and cared for.

John60387150 February 13, 2014

I went to the hospital and the ER doctor recommended Broadmoor Medical Lodge and it had been great. It's a skilled nursing facility. The rooms are pretty nice and new. They have a church service, bible studies and bingo. Some kids' groups come here to sing. The services are excellent. They do all those things like vital signs and blood pressure and give our medicine to ourselves so I really don't have to do anything.

About Broadmoor Medical Lodge

Broadmoor Medical Lodge is a nursing home in Rockwall, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Broadmoor Medical Lodge for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Broadmoor Medical Lodge

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: