Lake View Care Center at Delray

Top Nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Lake View Care Center at Delray

September 01, 2016

By ehogg70914

My mother has been in Lakeview for reahb a couple of times. This last time her kidneys went into failure and she was moved from rehab to long term care and placed in hospice. I did not expect her to survive Mother's Day weeked. It is September 1, 2016 and I am peased to report she is doing well. While I will not discount prayers answered, the staff at Lakeview is very caring and attentive at every level of service, and I beleive it has been their care which has been largely responsible for my mother's miraculous recovery.. The facility has had many recent upgrades in 2016. It is kept very clean and there have been NO incidents of any type of contagin that I am aware of. I work in the hospital industry and frankly even though Lakeview is operated by a competitor, they do an outstanding job. Why not five stars? The food could be better and dialing into the facility can be challenging at times. Overall, my mother is very happy at Lakeview and that make me happy and my life easier under difficult circumstances. I highly recommend Lakeview Care Center.

May 23, 2015

By forkidssake

My sister just left Lakeview Care Center yesterday and I am very impressed with the caring staff there. She was a very difficult patient having schizophrenia on top of the physical issues that placed her there. Her nurse Katie went out of her way to make sure that my sister was safe when her discharge became very complicated because of my sister's noncompliance She loved the special activities they had there for the patients and the therapists were wonderful.

December 07, 2014

By Matthew10

The only place he had stayed at was Lake View which turned out to be a disaster. The comb that they gave him had hair in it. He was supposed to be monitored 24 hours a day when I wasn’t there because he likes to get up and move around but they left him in a hallway strapped to a wheelchair in front of the nurse’s station. So he spent most of the time there, and there were still occasions where he fell out of bed. A few nurses had walked by and because he wasn’t the patient they were dealing with, he ended up lying on the floor one time for half an hour, and the second time for 10 minutes. When I addressed it to the main panel there, they said they would look into it but they never did because I couldn’t find out the name of the actual nurse. He was there a month for therapy to get his legs walking again and his talking back. The outside was the only decent part about the place. The inside I would say that it wasn’t filthy, but I wouldn’t say it was exactly clean either. The hallways were rugged, and the rugs had stains on them throughout the corridors. He was there for a month, and unfortunately when I got him out of there, it didn’t do much help for him that’s for sure. He always eats normally in front of the nurse’s station mainly because they didn’t want him getting out of bed, and they didn’t want him walking around. He was supposed to get therapy every day when he was there, but it ended up that he didn’t start getting the therapy on his legs until a week before he left. When I addressed that to the counsel, they had like this progress report, they said they start from top to bottom. His main problem was his leg at that time, but they were focused on his arms the first three weeks when there was no problem with his arms. During the week, there were two nurses for every patient, and during the weekend there’s one nurse for every four patients, so it was a ghost town for nurses. Although they had activities there and despite his mental status, they could still have gotten him at least if not involved instead of just being sitted in or leaving him in front of the nurse’s station.

October 11, 2014

By reporter

The theropy staff is outstanding, but the nursing staff is dangerous and the administration is either in denial or totally oblivious. My mother came out much worse than the way she went in. They nearly killed her several times with incompentence and neglect. I don't have enough room to tell all the stories of the problems. If I did not open my eyes and mouth about the problems, my mother would have certainly died. When I complained, the administrators handed me off to other administrators. The facility looks very nice and the theropy staff is great. But do not go there or send someone if they require professional medical attention.

June 04, 2014

By sandic1967

This is a beautiful facility, but looks can be deceiving! My mom is a special , being that she is a post stem cell transplant patient. She has many special needs that were not addressed! She has only been there since yesterday, and based on her non existent nursing care there, I am not too impressed! We sent her there with all her meds, and a binder with all her information (which was hers) and a prescription for pain meds. They took all the pages out and left her with an empty binder??? Then argued that the pages were not for her, but for them? She was improperly given a bed pan, and it tilted and caused her whole bed to be wet, and just left her lying in it for hours! She was not given any of her much needed meds nor gave her anything for her extreme pain! I am not happy right now, and I hope her 2nd day goes much better then her 1st! I am headed in there now to talk with the director.

November 27, 2013

By John74576250

My wife is at Lake View Care Center at this point. Their physical therapy department and their nursing staff impressed me the most. Their rooms are bigger than other places I've been.

Features of Lake View Care Center at Delray

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Lake View Care Center at Delray

Lake View Care Center at Delray is a nursing home in Delray Beach, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Lake View Care Center at Delray for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Lake View Care Center at Delray