Top nearby Nursing Homes:

Reviews of Fortress Health & Rehab of Rock Prairie

Posted by Caring107382650 May 28, 2015
1.0

My first impression of Fortress was very good, but then they changed owners, and it became very bad. The staff was terrible. It seemed like they were just there for a paycheck. My aunt was blind, and her food would just be sitting there with rice flying all over and no one feeding her. The food was OK, but they were not giving it to her. The staff were just playing around. The young lady that was working there would be in another room talking on her cellphone.

They had bible studies, sing-alongs, and games. She had a shared room, which was nice at first, and then the air-conditioning broke down. I noticed a lot of water under my aunt's bed, and all they would do was put down blankets. I said it was not going to work and they need to find another room for her, so they put a new air-conditioning and cleaned up the floor. I had to go to the director because they're not walking around and checking things. They have to check and see what the employees are doing and if they're taking care of the patients. The state needs to go in and clean that place up, and they need to get someone that's going to do what they need to do instead of sitting down all day.

Posted by Unhap June 27, 2014
1.0

This place is awful. Multiple times my mother was not taken care of. She was left on a bedside commode and my mom fell off and broke her hip. The latest was when they sent my mother to the hospital without bothering to call me and tell me she wasn't doing well and rapidly getting worst. I didn't find out till 2 hours after she had gotten to the hospital that she was there. 90% of the staff there don't care. It's sad. I don't recommend this place at all.

Posted by UNHAPPY Granddaughter September 19, 2012
1.0

If I could go lower than a 1, I would. If you love your relative- my grandmother is here and she is nonverbal and on a feeding tube- PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS FACILITY! It has been nothing but a constaint headache since she has been here. Not one positive thing to say- HIGH turnover, understaffed, quality of care is horrible....the list goes on.

Posted by Happy Niece 2012 June 04, 2012

My Aunt has been at Fortress for a little over 2 months now after falling at home and breaking her hip. She is there for therapy. The therapy staff is wonderful. The facility is beautiful. I have had a few issues in the beginning but the administration and nursing staff were very quick to fix the issues and it has been wonderful since. I would recommend this facility to anyone considering to have a family member stay there. My Aunt has had a wonderful time with all the activities they do there as well, she loves to socialize!!

Posted by CSResident March 16, 2012
1.0

One star seems far too generous. My immobile mother had a bruise in the shape of a handprint on her leg. The aids were always too busy to feed her, so family had to go twice a day to feed her. They never flushed her medi-port, so she got a blood clot in her arm. They refused to give her liquid medicine even though she could not swallow pills. Medicine duties were left to the family because the nurses did not want to deal with her inability to swallow. She was sent to the ER 2 times in 1 month because they let infections get out of control. Another ER trip was because they thought she fractured her neck. Aids would drop her oxygen nosepiece on the floor and then insert it in her nose without cleaning it. They would change a diaper and then handle a food tray. My mother contracted sepsis and an antibiotic-resistant urinary tract infection while there. She spent 15 days in the hospital due to the negligence of Fortress. They NEVER provided oral care in the 2 months she was there. She would spends days in the same clothes. Her diaper, clothes, and bed would be saturated. There were no records of her vitals. The billing office was months behind (we got the first bill 5 months after she arrived). We talked to administrators and social workers, but nothing ever changed. I can't imagine what it was like for the patients who didn't have visitors twice a day.

Posted by involved family member July 09, 2011

The staff at Fortress Health and Rehab seem to really care about there patients. My loved one has been there for about 6 months and we have not had any problems since they have admitted. We have had a couple of concerns but when we went to the office and visited with the DON and administrator these concerns were taken care of very quickly. The rehab staff is excellent and has helped my mom get back on her feet when we didnt think it was possible. The food is also pretty good in the dining room. They do serve alternates during meal time and also have snacks throughout the day. They have recently had a renovation done and have alot of things to offer to there residents. I encourage anyone looking for some place for there loved one to check out fortress health and rehab.

Posted by Agbacker March 03, 2011
1.0

Your family member will be in danger

Our relative entered the facility for a broken hip. They have been allowed to fall out of a chair and break the other hip, fall out of bed, have untreated wounds, etc. The food is passable, but not what they say it will be when you take the tour. We are there regularly to check on things and they go well for the next hour, then back to hell. We have been continually told that new management was making changes. There have been no changes. The rehab staff is excellent and the rest of the staff and the management are terrible. The turnover is unbelievable but then I don't blame new hires for wanting to get out of there. The life of our relative in endangered by living there and we are moving them as soon as we can.

Posted by sahara007 June 02, 2010
1.0

lack of care and decent food

Fortress health and rehab center is a for profit facility. they have 9 complaints in the last 3 years 5 of which caused more than minimal harm and 4 of which caused actual harm to a patient. My mom is there for rehab and has been there for a month and 1/2. i am scared of what would happen to her if we were unable to check on her. the food is sub par and served luke warm at best. the help does not with to help. when my mother asked for assistance to go to the bathroom the workers told her to go in the bed. There is no care or dignity afforded these patients by the main staff. the only thing they have that is quality are the rehab staff, but the nurses on the floor and lvn's and assistance would prefer to be texting, twittering and gossiping than taking care of the wonderful souls entrusted to their care. If at all possible avoid this facility unless you can be a constant presence for your loved one.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 455589

Health
1.0
Overall
1.0
Quality