The Laurels of Charlottesville

1165 PEPSI PLACE, Charlottesville, VA, 22901

Reviews of The Laurels of Charlottesville

Bart12 October 30, 2013

Very bad experience, the laurels of Charlottesville no staff, no towels that I can wash my face, the food, terrible, staff always short and bad attitude.

Linda S. December 12, 2012

My 87-year-old mother recently spent a month at The Laurels for extended rehab following a hospital stay. I have to say I was impressed by the week-day staff. They were caring, efficient, and competent. I saw senior staff help residents participate in activities by telling and reminding residents about the day's activities and encouraging them to participate, helping to wheel those in wheel chairs to the activities, grabbing coats for residents attending outdoor events, and in general just doing whatever they could to engage residents and help keep them connected. The food was pretty good, and the dieticians and kitchen staff were flexible and willing to provide food the residents would eat, and more importantly, enjoy. The occupational and rehabilitation therapists were great. They pushed when they could, joked and cajoled when they needed to, and overall provided sound and beneficial rehabilitative services. My review of the weekend staff isn't quite as glowing, though. My mother waited until late morning or close to lunchtime to be dressed. She spent long days with limited engagement. The rehab services were just as great on the weekends as during the week, and the food services were fine. But the floor staff didn't measure up to the week-day staff. But overall we were very pleased with the facilities and the staff. And if I need a respite break, I would definitely consider placing my mother at The Laurels.

About The Laurels of Charlottesville

The Laurels of Charlottesville is a nursing home in Charlottesville, VA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact The Laurels of Charlottesville for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of The Laurels of Charlottesville

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of The Laurels of Charlottesville