Peregrine Senior Living at Orchard Park

101 Sterling Drive, Orchard Park, NY, 14127

Reviews of Peregrine Senior Living at Orchard Park

lovebug24 November 16, 2011

Walking into this community felt like I was walking into home!The management team and staff are very friendly welcoming. It was so nice to see all the residents enjoying the music. Some were actually dancing! Moving my mom was one of the most difficult decisions I EVER had to make. I cannot thank this staff enough for all of their support. They are my second family!

theonlyplacetolive November 16, 2011

Any illness, especially one that affects a parent's ability to care for themselves, is an emotional time. Fortunately for families there are compassionate memory care professionals that can help ease both the patient and family through these traumatic periods. The staff at Quaker's Landing has created a loving and caring atmosphere for Dad while giving me the peace of mind knowing he is getting the best of care. Dad enjoys variety of activities and in many ways he is doing more than when he lived on his own. Angelo D'Anna

love quakers November 16, 2011

Dear Quaker's Landing Staff and Friends, Quaker's Landing is "home" to Mom. This year marks her third year as a resident. The administration and staff are wonderful to her. She is happy and genuinely loved and cared for by all of the staff. She enjoys the music and art programs, as well as playing the Wii games and having her hair done in the salon each week. Playing Scrabble is fun for her and she has found new friends who like to play too. I can't say enough about how the staff pays attention to helping her physically and emotionally to deal with her memory loss, which is very scary for anyone facing the reality of Alzheimer's disease. As mom says, "Trying to remember is like chasing an echo." Thank you for all you do, Linda B. and family

Krehetin September 10, 2011

My grandmother stayed at Quaker's Landing Memory Care Community. It was hard because she was already forgetting quite alot when she had to go there. The place is really nice looking. My grandmother was very confused and didn't know why she was there. I found her wandering around trying to figure out how to get out when we got there. I don't understand why someone wasn't helping her. I talked to the staff and found out that she had set off alot of alarms that day. she kept trying to go out the door. It is a memory care facility, you think they would be used to dealing with that sort of thing, but it didn't seem as if the staff was up to it. My uncle told me that she was calling him 20 times a day to ask where she was. I don't know why the staff wasn't helping. We went to her room and it was nice. she shared a room with another resident. It was decorated cute and they had a bathroom in the room. We were there during lunch time, in my grandmother's room. I asked and they told me to wait, that they come for each resident one at a time. They never came for my grandmother. I finally had to ask again to remind someone to take her to the dining room. If I wasn't there, I don't know if she would have ate that day. I was also upset when I heard the medication that the doctor there put her on. It was way too much. They had her on a very powerful medication to sedate her. I think they wanted their residents incapacitated. I don't remember her name now, but there was a staff member that I saw being unfriendly to a resident. I wanted to report her. I didn't get the chance. My grandmother developed some health problems and was no longer eligible to stay there. You can have memory problems, but must be relatively healthy to live there.

Mommy43 May 30, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

I have volunteered at Nursing Homes for over 6 years and I am fully aware of the conditions that elderly residents, especially residents suffering from Alzheimer's Disease, need to prosper. Mental activity to keep them stimulated is the number one most important things this can range from a simple hi, how ya doing? to a 15-minute conversation with an elderly person who is suffering from memory loss and mental decay. The Quaker Landing Assisted Living Community staff clearly fails to grasp this concept. When visiting their facilities to pay a visit to my Great Aunt I saw absolutely no interaction with residents. The residents were left to huddle together in a silent circle while the few staff members talked among themselves. The residents were constantly treated harshly and impatiently if they were even spoken to at all. The elderly need to be taken care of lovingly; I would definitely not recommend this assisted living community to anyone who cares for their loved one.

From Peregrine Senior Living at Orchard Park

At Peregrine Senior Living at Orchard Park, we believe life is precious and worth celebrating every day. That is why we fully embrace The Peregrine Way in our community. What better way to celebrate life than to share new experiences with family and friends, enjoy simple pleasures, and explore new interest in a community that is your home? We specialize in providing a safe, secure and supportive home for your loved ones who suffer with memory loss. Here your apartment will provide you with privacy, dignity, and a loving atmosphere. Taking the lead in the care of our Elders, our focus is on wellness and promoting personal growth. In our Community, we identify and nurture the strengths of our Elders so they can experience the greatest quality of life while maintaining the highest degree of independence possible.

Features of Peregrine Senior Living at Orchard Park