Olympic Alzheimer's Residence

3025 14th Avenue NW, Gig Harbor, WA, 98335

Top nearby Memory Care Facilities

Reviews of Olympic Alzheimer's Residence

Burned in Gig Harbor July 26, 2013

I would NOT recommend this facility. It is NOT secure as the gates don't have locks which is unheard of for an Alzheimer's facility. The director of this facility was difficult to work with and apparently even more problematic for the staff as there is a high turn over rate. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. We learned a hard lesson but now know what to look for in selecting a facility. We wouldn't want anyone to experience the same horrific experience that we had with Olympic Alzheimer's Residence.

mjy222 August 28, 2012

My mom was first in a group home, then a nursing home and now she is in an alzheimer lockdown facility. I have been about 85% satisfied with this facility. They are very good at calling whenever there is an incidence, such as falling or being sick. The staff really seems to care about the people. Olympic alzheimers facility is very clean and professionally run. They have lots of events that include the family and send out a monthly newsletter with a calender of everything going on each day. It bothers me very much about my mom's condition, but I am glad that she is in a secure place. Before going to a facility I had her at my home for 3 years. Very stressful and not recommended by me to do this.

From Olympic Alzheimer's Residence

Olympic Alzheimer's Residence is an assisted living community that embraces those with dementia. Our community specializes in dementia care and activities. Our life enriching activities are resident specific to touch on the important aspects of the persons life to create moments of joy.

We believe a resident’s well being is directly related to how they feel and interact with the world around them. We have designed a program that makes our residents feel accepted, important, comfortable…at home. Our goal is to become an extended family; creating a buffer against fear and the stress of the illness.

Features of Olympic Alzheimer's Residence

• Pharmacy

• Companion suites: We only offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Minimum age: None

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Olympic Alzheimer's Residence