Olympic Alzheimer's Residence

Overview of Ratings

3.5

August 16, 2013

By e. stone

My friend was in an assisted living but it was no longer working for her to live there. I found Olympic Alzheimer's and now she now living there there. She has had some difficulty adjusting to the change but the facility is providing good care. I have been about 85% satisfied with this facility. They are very good at calling whenever there is an incidence, such as falling or being sick. The staff really seems to care about the people. The facility is very clean. My friend always looks nice The facility sends out a monthly newsletter with a calender of everything going on each day and many of the activities friends and family can participate in. I am very satisfied with Olympic Alzheimer's and the care they provide.

July 26, 2013

By Burned in Gig Harbor

I would NOT recommend this facility. It is NOT secure as the gates don't have locks which is unheard of for an Alzheimer's facility. The director of this facility was difficult to work with and apparently even more problematic for the staff as there is a high turn over rate. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. We learned a hard lesson but now know what to look for in selecting a facility. We wouldn't want anyone to experience the same horrific experience that we had with Olympic Alzheimer's Residence.

August 28, 2012

By mjy222

My mom was first in a group home, then a nursing home and now she is in an alzheimer lockdown facility. I have been about 85% satisfied with this facility. They are very good at calling whenever there is an incidence, such as falling or being sick. The staff really seems to care about the people. Olympic alzheimers facility is very clean and professionally run. They have lots of events that include the family and send out a monthly newsletter with a calender of everything going on each day. It bothers me very much about my mom's condition, but I am glad that she is in a secure place. Before going to a facility I had her at my home for 3 years. Very stressful and not recommended by me to do this.

Photos of Olympic Alzheimer's Residence

Features of Olympic Alzheimer's Residence

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Companion Suites: We Only Offer Companion Suites

• Pharma

• Home Sale Assistance

About Olympic Alzheimer's Residence

Olympic Alzheimer's Residence is an assisted living community that embraces those with dementia. Our community specializes in dementia care and activities. Our life enriching activities are resident specific to touch on the important aspects of the persons life to create moments of joy.

We believe a resident’s well being is directly related to how they feel and interact with the world around them. We have designed a program that makes our residents feel accepted, important, comfortable…at home. Our goal is to become an extended family; creating a buffer against fear and the stress of the illness.

We feature amenities not available in urban settings. Our community includes a lovely garden, chapel and private dining rooms. The grounds feature enclosed courtyards, gardens, exercise yards and extensive walking paths.

Map of Olympic Alzheimer's Residence