Olympic Alzheimer's Residence

3025 14th Avenue NW, Gig Harbor, WA, 98335

Reviews of Olympic Alzheimer's Residence

Razzle08 August 22, 2015

The staff at OAR have a heart for the residents living at OAR and it shows in their care. On my visits (3-4 times per week) I would always see staff interacting with the residents in positive healthy ways. The support from the Executive Director and administration staff was phenomenal. OAR uses a team approach in generating the care plans for the residents which results in a comprehensive, individual specifically tailored plan. The care staff kept us informed on any health issues or changes, they had developed a healthy bond with my uncle and were completely professional while delivering compassionate care. For example, the staff learned trigger points for my uncle and would engage in redirection at first sign of agitation/anxiety/depression to prevent escalation of these emotions. The environment was home like and with only 20 residents per community, it did not feel like an institution. There are lots of activities that the residents can choose to participate in, as no one if forced. The food is fantastic and at every meal the residents can choose what they want to eat. I would highly recommend OAR!

Janu14 January 18, 2014

My family member lived at Olympic Alzheimer's Residence for nearly eight years. When I had concerns they were promptly addressed. Staff promptly called with concerns such as illness. My loved one was well cared for and it gave our family comfort to know she was in a secure place. I preferred the smaller "wing" communities over another facility we tried that was open to all residents all the time. I can reccomend OAR because our experience was a positive one.

e. stone August 16, 2013

My friend was in an assisted living but it was no longer working for her to live there. I found Olympic Alzheimer's and now she now living there there. She has had some difficulty adjusting to the change but the facility is providing good care. I have been about 85% satisfied with this facility. They are very good at calling whenever there is an incidence, such as falling or being sick. The staff really seems to care about the people. The facility is very clean. My friend always looks nice The facility sends out a monthly newsletter with a calender of everything going on each day and many of the activities friends and family can participate in. I am very satisfied with Olympic Alzheimer's and the care they provide.

Burned in Gig Harbor July 26, 2013

I would NOT recommend this facility. It is NOT secure as the gates don't have locks which is unheard of for an Alzheimer's facility. The director of this facility was difficult to work with and apparently even more problematic for the staff as there is a high turn over rate. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. We learned a hard lesson but now know what to look for in selecting a facility. We wouldn't want anyone to experience the same horrific experience that we had with Olympic Alzheimer's Residence.

mjy222 August 28, 2012

My mom was first in a group home, then a nursing home and now she is in an alzheimer lockdown facility. I have been about 85% satisfied with this facility. They are very good at calling whenever there is an incidence, such as falling or being sick. The staff really seems to care about the people. Olympic alzheimers facility is very clean and professionally run. They have lots of events that include the family and send out a monthly newsletter with a calender of everything going on each day. It bothers me very much about my mom's condition, but I am glad that she is in a secure place. Before going to a facility I had her at my home for 3 years. Very stressful and not recommended by me to do this.

From Olympic Alzheimer's Residence

Olympic Alzheimer's Residence is an assisted living community that embraces those with dementia. Our community specializes in dementia care and activities. Our life enriching activities are resident specific to touch on the important aspects of the persons life to create moments of joy.

We believe a resident’s well being is directly related to how they feel and interact with the world around them. We have designed a program that makes our residents feel accepted, important, comfortable…at home. Our goal is to become an extended family; creating a buffer against fear and the stress of the illness.

We feature amenities not available in urban settings. Our community includes a lovely garden, chapel and private dining rooms. The grounds feature enclosed courtyards, gardens, exercise yards and extensive walking paths.

Features of Olympic Alzheimer's Residence