Meridian Lakewood | Independent Living

1805 South Balsam, Lakewood, CO, 80232

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Meridian Lakewood | Independent Living

Caring100178350 January 31, 2015

My mom is doing well. The atmosphere in The Meridian is good. The service and the amenity are good as well. I don't have any problems with it. They are very good with the activities. She is in her room very much, and they make sure they go out to the family room and get involved with things. The things my mom goes to is flower arranging and games. They have bowling and mind games. It changes day by day, but they make sure to keep them on the family room and play games and stuff like that to keep their mind going. I am very happy with what they are doing with her. I am just pleased with her being there. You always have questions and concerns about how they are taking care of your family member. Of course there are things that I would do differently if she was staying here with me, but overall they have done a really good job with her.

Jack31 November 11, 2014

My mom is in Meridian. We chose it because they provide her a chance to start independently, and when she needs assistance, she will not have to move. They have quite a few programs. They offer physical therapy, weekly movies, and game days. She plays cards and Wii, and she is more active in this community than she is when she is living by herself. They have the right amount of staff that my mom needs. She feels comfortable where she is. She has a one-room apartment with a kitchen, but that's what she needs and she hasn't complained about it. The food is good. It is in small portion, but she doesn't eat much.

Caring70503050 June 26, 2014

We liked the Meridian. The staff treated me very well. They had exercise facilities and classes. They had a theater area that looked nice.

Caring79627150 April 29, 2014

The Meridian-Lakewood was good except for the price. The place was nice, and the people were really friendly. The maintenance guy introduced himself. It was just really a good feeling. The staff was great. It was very clean. They took me to the dining room, and it was clean. I don’t think it was time for a meal, and so it was empty, but it was definitely spacious.

Beverly27 January 12, 2014

We were searching for a facility and we picked Meridian Lakewood. The staff was extremely friendly and the food was excellent. The accommodations are very, very nice. It's not cheap but my children insist that if I'm saving my money for my old age, this is it. I'm very happy with them.

Sharon34 November 06, 2013

My grandparents were original purchasers in the Meridian. They sold their home and purchased an apartment there. The facility was a lovely place and it was awesome. Everybody was wonderful, sweet and fantastic until my grandfather in law needed more assistance. They wouldn't let him stay in his apartment and they moved him to the nursing home facility. They were disrespectful to him in the nursing home. He was a night person and they just threw him into his bed at 8:00 at night and wouldn't let people visit him after eight. It was a nightmare. My grandmother fell and was also moved to the nursing home and they wouldn't let them stay in the same room. They were paying for both the apartment and the nursing home. It took us a couple of months to move them. I hope things have improved now but we swore at that point that we would never go to another Meridian.

Margaret22 September 19, 2013

My parents are in an assisted living facility at The Meridian. It is in a location where my parents want to be. We chose this because it is a facility that offers independent senior living all the way through hospice, so when their needs increase, they are able to stay there for the rest of their lives. Right now my mom is in their assisted living, but my stepfather is not, so this is a perfect place for them both. Plus, it is a lovely place. Currently they have a two-bedroom apartment with a patio that overlooks the grounds. They spend a lot of time out there. A family of ducks would come up to their patio and my parents would feed them. The living environment has been great for them. The staff members are really good to them. They're just great. They would go out of their way to meet their needs. We have eaten there in their dining room and the food was really good. I would absolutely recommend this place to others.

Don17 August 29, 2013

We visited a lot of places and we have decided on Meridian Lakewood. We chose this facility because of its beauty and its location. They have a huge decorated landscaped courtyard and a nice dining room. We have a two-bedroom-two-bathroom apartment. Their staff is absolutely unbelievable. They are very helpful and friendly. They are there to answer questions, help us when we need help, and take care of anything that we don't know about. They also have activities for their tenants. We're very satisfied with Meridian. In fact, I have already recommended this place to others.

From Meridian Lakewood

At the base of the scenic Rocky Mountains in Lakewood, Colo., The Meridian is conveniently located on Jewell Avenue between Wadsworth Boulevard and Kipling Street. The community features easy access to local shopping and dining, as well as to the city of Denver and Denver International Airport. Residents enjoy a beautiful natural setting with mature landscaping, walking paths, ponds and a stream.

Our apartment-style Senior independent living community offers all the conveniences of home without any of the work. The Meridian features a comfortable sidewalk caf_, beauty salon, arts and crafts room, billiard and poker room, large library with fireplace and a covered patio. Our spacious apartment homes offer a variety of floor plans with lighted walk-in closets, generous storage and fully-equipped kitchens. With flexible hours and restaurant-style dining daily, our dining services offer regional cuisine, featured items and a wide variety of choices every day.

Our award-winning Signature Programs offer a wide variety of top-notch services for residents. With an exciting array of social, educational and cultural programs, residents are encouraged to renew their old interests and explore new ones. Popular classes include "Matter of Balance," tai chi and "Mind Aerobics." Help with everyday tasks can make a big difference in the quality of your life. It's comforting to know that you can continue to live life to the fullest at The Meridian - with the added security of a health care center and a full spectrum of supportive services to meet the needs of our residents.

Call today to arrange a visit, and experience for yourself the meaningful lifestyle our residents enjoy every day.

Features of Meridian Lakewood