The Courtyard At Lakewood

7100 W 13th Ave, Lakewood, CO, 80215

Reviews of The Courtyard At Lakewood

Michael750407 October 06, 2016

The Courtyard was very institutional, and even the courtyard that it’s named after is a concrete courtyard; it looks like a prison yard. They’ve got a few garden beds for the residents to do some gardening in, but there’s no other landscaping at all. The staff seems nice. The whole facility looked like a renovated factory to me; I just don’t like that. The rooms themselves seemed to be large; I guess it was one of the few facilities that have full kitchen in each room. It seemed to be clean as well.

Robert547803 October 04, 2016

I was pleased with The Courtyard, and I thought that was the solution for my mother. It looked very nice; the people seemed very nice, and everything there was very nice. It really appealed to me; however, the whole decision has kind of been taken out of our hand. She had to go to the emergency room, has been admitted to a nursing home, and will end up in long term care. We discussed the activities -- although I didn’t see a lot on our visit -- but I was impressed with all of it. The dining area looked fine.

Suzanne617651 July 08, 2016

The Courtyard at Lakewood was nice, a little run-down, but they were in the process of doing some renovations. The apartments were pretty large with a living room, a dining area, and a nice bedroom with a patio off of it. The average age of the residents was 85, which is just OK for me.

John121401550 March 19, 2016

We toured The Courtyard at Lakewood for my father. Some of the outdoor facilities, like the courtyard and the garden areas, were nice. It was a bit of an older facility, but it was near the light rail, so that was kind of appealed to us. The room seemed to be nice and clean and would have been adequate for my father. We only met with one staff member, and she was very nice.

doridee March 07, 2016

We enjoyed our meal at the Courtyard. The residents there were the friendliest of any facility I've visited. The staff was friendly and helpful. The apartments were just what I was looking for. I won't be moving there because it's so far from where my children live. My son works 5+1/2 days a week. He says he doesn't want to spend his day off sitting in traffic. I'll move closer to my children's home.

Tim B. February 23, 2016

I visited The Courtyard at Lakewood. The place was pretty affordable, but it was kind of run down and not well maintained. Their staff gave me an uneasy feeling; they didn’t seem to care. The layout of the building would not work for my mother at all. It was really big. I think they need to improve on the maintenance of the place.

KR2 February 16, 2016

I thought the Courtyard felt homey, hospitable, and friendly and had lots of activities. The dining room was spacious and cafeteria-style, but comfortable. The living accommodations were really nice. The rooms had nice hardwood floors, weere spacious, and even included balconies. I felt my father-in-law would be comfortable there.

Allyson1 September 07, 2015

I visited The Courtyard At Lakewood for my father. It was a nice facility. The people were kind; it just wasn't the right fit for my family. On the whole, it was a nice facility. When I was there, they were very nice and very courteous. It seemed like a very nice place. They had a few activities there, but I can't remember what they were. I'm giving it a 3, and that's based on my father's needs.

jeanne8451 February 11, 2015

At The Courtyard, the prices were consistent with the view. They had steam laundry, a billiards room, and a library. It's expensive.

Caring100597050 January 17, 2015

I liked it very well. The single room that I like is the most expensive one. I don't know if I can afford it. Another thing is I am having a lot of pain lately so I don't know whether I can stay in one of those apartments. I have eaten there once, and the food was very good. The room that I saw and liked could probably sit most of my friends and made me feel like home. But the rate is a bit more than I can handle with my medical. The staff was all very friendly. They have underground parking. They have a whole month full of activities to do. It looks like they are very well organized.

Carole15 November 06, 2014

Everybody is friendly at the Courtyard, it’s a nice place, and they’re fixing it up. The apartments are nice and adequate. It’s very close to the light rail, and they have a bus that takes you if you want to go. I was very impressed with the staff. I’ve eaten there twice, and the food is fine. I went to the pottery class, and it was fine.

Nancy83738250 May 10, 2014

It's great here at The Courtyard Lakewood. The people here are very friendly, very warm, and welcoming. I've been here about 6 weeks now. The staff is fabulous. Anything that they can do to help has been great. The food is pretty good. My goal is to lose weight so I can get my knees redone. I've lost 11 lbs., and I'm not starving. The rooms are fabulous. I wish I had done this sooner because I retired in 2010. It's just your chance to get out and to meet people and not be all by yourself.

The upkeep is wonderful. They have a staff who comes in adnd oes light housekeeping. The entertainment director is a darling. She does everything she can to try to get the folks involved. They have everything from crafts, Wii bowling, pool playing, puzzles, movies and popcorn, they challenge other communities to bean bag baseball, and they have trips to casinos or out to lunch. There's a huge variety of activity. The director here works really hard to keep people active and interested. The people are so fabulous. The oldest person here would be 105. Probably the youngest person, who is a Navy veteran, who was injured, and so he's here in a wheelchair, and he's just adorable, I think he's probably about 47.

Shirley41 March 28, 2014

The Courtyard at Lakewood is a very nice place. It is older than the other facility, but it has the same kind of amenities. The apartments are very nice. They have a kitchen, refrigerator, and stove, so you can cook if you choose to, though I don't know why you would want to because food is part of the cost. Food is good; they have a good chef. They also have a good marketing staff. There were a lot of activities for the residents, like theme-type parties. They might have people who come in and provide entertainment, like different music groups, jazz, or luau-type things. They did have all kinds of different activities. They have people who come in and do haircutting, and they also have a shuttle, which is part of monthly. Aside from that, they have below-ground parking if you have a car.

Joe25 December 17, 2013

I like Courtyard At Lakewood. It was just in the wrong location and town for me. The staff was courteous, but I didn't get a chance to know them very well because I only visited. I saw a one-bedroom there and it had plenty of rooms. Overall, Courtyard at Lakewood was a nice place.

Martha16 September 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Courtyard at Lakewood for only two weeks because it was not an assisted living facility. A woman named Marie talked to us and she was very convincing. I thought it was an assisted living facility and she made me believe that. She told me that someone would take me to my doctor's appointments and I learned that a couple of days a week, a van took people around. But if you got on the van and got to an appointment, you stayed on. It was not being picked up so you would get to an appointment and brought home which was one thing that I needed. It was an independent living facility with meals. It was not what my husband and I needed, and then I found out she left. The apartments were small and the bathrooms were also too small to get around in. It was very dangerous. It was awful and a nightmare. They should not lie about what they provided and how they provided it.

cuplin02 August 10, 2013

It seems that it offers everything I need and am looking for. Future needs could also be met. Residents appear happy and smiling and the staff is pleasANT AND ACCOMMODATING.

From The Courtyard At Lakewood

The Courtyard At Lakewood is located in Lakewood, CO, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Courtyard At Lakewood for a visit...and stay!

Features of The Courtyard At Lakewood