The Verandah | Independent Living

5851 Gray Market Drive, Lake Charles, LA, 70605

Reviews of The Verandah | Independent Living

julieoubre December 01, 2015

The Verandah is a beautiful, well-kept facility with a friendly environment and staff. It has an energetic atmosphere with plenty to keep the residents busy. I would strongly recommend this facility to anyone in need.

Greg24 May 30, 2015

The Verandah was in a very nice subdivision. They offered transportation to get to and from the doctor with assistance. They did not have any dedicated Alzheimer's area like the other place I visited. The sizes of the rooms were somewhat larger. They were all nice and well kept. They had a little gymnasium where they had exercise machines and a small pool. They also had an area outside where residents can walk. It was very open and nice. They had a little movie theater. The place was very clean and very well kept.

Donald30 February 11, 2015

The Verandah was a little bit too expensive for me. It was pretty new, and they have an upfront payment. The staff was really nice. They even sent me a card after I have turned it down as appreciation for coming by.

They have a bar that people will have a happy hour with card playing. I just let mostly look at the units, and they were just really nice. The atmosphere was very nice, with the grass and trees. I would recommend the facility.

Terry31 July 31, 2014

The Verandah was very nice, but it was too far from any kind of grocery store, doctor's office, or other facilities; it was too far away. I thought it was a bit too spread out. What they are calling the assisted living now was maybe originally intended for independent living, because the floor plan was so far from the activity room and really far from the cafeteria in the other direction. That was a lot for walking for old folks. It was also brand new, but they didn't really have that many people there yet either, so they probably didn't have as many activities. They also wanted more money upfront. They wanted a $5,000 non-refundable, and that was the only place thay wanted that; everywhere else had a $1,000 refundable, and I told them that when they called me about it, and they have now changed that policy.

Debbie Landry March 19, 2014

Beautiful place to live after you are 55. They offer so many services and employees are very helpful.

Aileen38 August 30, 2013

Veranda is a beautiful property and it's new. There are people just now moving into it and it's got both the assisted living and independent living.

From The Verandah

At The Verandah, we provide active seniors a lifestyle that you would be hard-pressed to find elsewhere in Louisiana. With our elegantly designed cottage-style homes, exemplary community amenities and friendly residents, you will wish you joined our community sooner. As a bonus, we are only a few minutes away from the shopping, restaurants and other local amenities available in downtown Lake Charles.

As a Sunshine Retirement Living Community, The Verandah shares the same mission to be a preferred senior living provider through offering choice, value and independence to each of our valued residents.

Featured Amenities

However you choose to spend your day, you will discover The Verandah has the resources to let you pursue it. Our community boasts a stocked fishing pond, an art studio, state-of-the-art fitness center and a spa. You even have access to walking trails throughout the Graywood community and the award-wining golf course at Gray Plantation Golf Club.

Spacious and smartly designed is how we describe the homes at our community. You can choose from a variety of floor plans including one- and two-bedroom apartments or two- and three-bedroom cottages. Your new home has all the standard features of a home with fully equipped kitchens and a washer/dryer but without the hassle of upkeep and bill paying, as your monthly rent includes all utilities and maintenance.

Available Services

Even though you can prepare meals in the comfort of your own home, for those days when you don’t want to do dishes, we offer a flexible dining plan where you can choose to dine in the community dining room or drop by the on-site tavern for game night. Other services that will make your life even easier include housekeeping services every other week and scheduled transportation.

When you join our community, not only are you gaining the freedom to enjoy retirement on your terms but you are also gaining the peace of mind that comes with knowing supportive services are available. The Carriage House provides customized assisted living services that support your independence, and you will continue to have access to all the amenities found throughout The Verandah.

Stop imaging the retirement you want and start creating it by joining the one-of-a-kind community The Verandah.

Ask about our Sunshine Travel Program - Our unique travel program gives you the chance to explore 16 cities in 7 states. Have a Question, Concern or Comment? Welcome to your Sunshine Community, Meet Mr. Sunshine. Ask about our unique Sunshine Wellness Program

Features of The Verandah

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Housing extra: Cottages

• Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Fitness room/Gym

• Private services

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

Location of The Verandah