Brookdale Fremont Independent Living

2860 Country Drive, Fremont, CA, 94536

Reviews of Brookdale Fremont | Independent Living

November 27, 2013

I like Merrill Gardens. The place was nice and clean. Their room sizes were pretty good for the price compared to other places. I had lunch there and the food was very good. The people there were friendly and nice. The staff was very nice and friendly as well. They gave me a list of all kinds of activities that they have there. They could take their residents shopping, to doctor's appointments, field trips, etc., just like all the other places. What I like best about this facility was their rooms, their staff and their food. I would recommend this place.

October 11, 2013

By Doug8

Merrill Gardens at Fremont (Emeritus) was a really nice place. It was very active and had a lot of things for people to do. They had movie times and exercise dates. Everybody was fine and I had no problem with anything there. It was very clean. Everything was put in its place. Nothing was scattered around. The people there were very nice to me.

September 28, 2013

By Rebecca20

My mom is living in her own little apartment in Merrill Gardens (Emeritus). It is a very nice-looking place. It doesn't feel like a facility at all. It just feels really like a 55 and older apartment community. They have activities for their residents. They have bingo, all kinds of card games, water aerobics, etc. They have entertainments where somebody would come in and play the piano. They have a cocktail hour once a month and activities outside that residents can sign up. They periodically go out to a restaurant together. Food is mediocre though I know my mom would prefer to eat out. Overall, my mom likes it there. I like best that she is not alone in an individual apartment somewhere without anybody knowing who she is or where she has been. If she doesn't show up, somebody would look for her, etc. For instance, at this moment, she is not in the facility. She has been hospitalized and is in a rehab right now. When I go to Merrill Gardens, somebody always asks me about her, "How's your mom?" and I like that. I like that she is part of a community and there are people wanting to know how she is. This place is very expensive for a one-bedroom apartment and the food and activities don't warrant that. Also they could do better if they have more security especially at night. I wish they could be more economically reasonable and that they could improve on the food they serve. However, my mother is comfortable there. She is with other people her age and she is happy there.

October 31, 2011

By squall.6710

If you want your love ones to be independent, this is the best place to take them. Merrill Gardens promotes independent living to it's residents to make them feel that they can do whatever they want to do and that they can still live their life on how they want it to be. They make their residents feel free and happy.

June 24, 2011

By SalvBleak

It seemed like a very nice place compared to some others. The facility was is decent shape. The staff seemed like they really cared for the people that live there. They also seemed like they had plenty of entertainment for the seniors there. One of the things I was displeased by was the food because it tasted very bland. It wasn't very good and the cafeteria staff didn't seem to be very friendly. The room where my grandfather is staying looked no different than a hotel room. I also liked the fact that they had various games for the residents throughout the week.

Photos of Brookdale Fremont

• Tai Chi

• Licenses: License #019200496

About Brookdale Fremont

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Anytime dining room allows residents to eat at their leisure from 7am to 7pm; Kitchenettes, All apartments have private outdoor space with balcony or patio, Studio apartments have large walk-in closets, Indoor Pool, Concierge Service.

Map of Brookdale Fremont