Elderwood Assisted Living at West Seneca

580 Orchard Park Road, West Seneca, NY, 14224

Reviews of Elderwood Assisted Living at West Seneca

Susan110312950 July 21, 2015

ElderWood was a high-rise facility. There was a lounge on every floor, and they also had elevators. The dining hall was very nice, and it looked like they had good food. The people we met were very friendly and eager to help. They had a little chapel.

Caring102917550 March 27, 2015

I visited Elderwood, and I was only there for about an hour. They have everything there, and they seem friendly too. It is hard to tell unless you get in there and stayed there. The rooms are good, and they have a kitchenette too. The only trouble is they have three floors. It seems alright, but I can't really recommend it because I don't know enough about it. The girl that interviewed me was very friendly. Elderwood is nice, and I almost went in there but they have me up in the third floor, and I didn't care for the third floor.

Harold22 March 11, 2015

The rooms looked nice, neat, and big enough. They seemed to be an acceptable two-room, studio, or a one-bedroom apartment. The people seemed to be happy with the situation. Elderwood was a place that I would definitely consider once we are ready to make that decision.

Linda100895250 October 28, 2014

The staff were very nice and informative at Elderwood. They do a lot for you. It seemed like a really nice place. The rooms were small, but they were nice. They do have a lot of activities. They have bingo and game rooms. They have different card games. They have a nurse and a doctor that comes in once a month. They do a lot. They take them shopping and to their doctor's visit; it's just a nice place.

Janet94656750 October 06, 2014

ElderWood Village At Westwood is a very good facility and is very clean. The staff is very helpful. If there was anything they needed, they would contact us. If my father-in-law requested anything, they were right there to help him. They offer a lot of activities and a lot of entertainment for their residents, but he is a loner. He doesn’t go and get involved. It’s a very friendly environment. They try to encourage them to do a lot of activities to keep them occupied.

AmyCho September 11, 2012

This is one of the first facilities that I visited, and I was actually very impressed. They offer a lot more than one would think. Grandpa is really happy here because there are people to socialize with, and he gets to make new friends. The staff seems to promote this, since they have a lot of events for the people who live there and their families. We recently went to a "speed meeting" event that they had. It was like speed dating, but for the families of residents. The healthcare at Elderwood is also top notch. The nurses get to know the patients all very well, and they are prompt and curteous when he needs care. They also have people who clean his room for him and check up on him periodically so he is never alone very long. The actual facility is also very nice. It is modernly decorated, but with a style that older folks seem to like. He got to choose the color of his curtains and a few other things when he moved in. This really made him feel at home.

Carrie S. April 05, 2012

My grandmother has been staying at Elderwood Village at Westwood independent living facility for about five years now. Right from the start the staff was friendly and welcoming to both her and our family. Living at Westwood my grandmother gets to maintain her independence while having the benefit of 24 staff to help her if she needs it. As far as the community goes, I really can't say enough about it. Outside of the organized activities the facility offers, my grandmother has found a whole new circle of friends to spend time with and go shopping with. It's nice to know that she's not alone when the family isn't around and that she's happy and secure. Her apartment is just the right size for her to maintain and allows her to decorate the way she wants to, it still feels like home to her. Overall, our family is very happy with our experience with this facility.

Krehetin September 29, 2011

My grandmother lived in this facility. The staff couldn't have been kinder, both to me and my loved one. The staff in the dining room were always especially nice. they always remembered our names and had a kind word for my relative. The facility itself is just georgeous. my grandmother had the one bedroom apartment with a kitchenette. I thought it was a good size. She never really agreed. it was much smaller than the home she was used to. we very much enjoyed the backyard, just beautiful. I think they could have had more activities or more varied activities. i think the ladies like the excerise and movie night. Although, the West seneca location wasn't much help when my grandmother started forgetting. She wasn't alowed to stay after her dementia increased. The said that the open campus was a risk to her with her forgetting so much. I really wish they had a 'seasons memory care' center at that location. i think having to move only confused her more. i wish they could have done something more.

From Elderwood Assisted Living at West Seneca

Services

• Assisted living apartments
Life at Elderwood
  • Comfortable studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments with kitchenettes and private baths.
  • Round-the-clock nursing supervision and medication management.
  • Assistance with bathing and other personal needs.
  • Pleasant dining experience at every meal.
  • Weekly housekeeping, laundry and scheduled transportation services.
  • Wellness programs, daily social activities and regular outings.
  • Complimentary WiFi.
  • Lovely, hotel-style residence with sun porch, spacious outdoor patios, a koi pond and landscaped grounds.
  • Beautifully decorated common spaces.
  • Private dining room for family celebrations.
  • Part of Elderwood’€™s community of care.

Features of Elderwood Assisted Living at West Seneca

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• General store
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Wellness Room Activity Room

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses.

• Pets: No pets allowed
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 65

• Monthly rent is all inclusive

• We help families understand VA benefits