Brookdale West Melbourne

7300 Greenboro Drive, West Melbourne, FL, 32904

Reviews of Brookdale West Melbourne

Caring76345250 December 10, 2014

I was a little disappointed with Sterling House of West Melbourne I because the reason I chose them over some other ones was because my mother likes to exercise, and they told me that I needed to get a note from the doctor so she can go use the therapy room and use the new step through a little bicycle. So I had to go back and forth to the doctor to get all the paper sorted out and bring them down there. My mother was there from Saturday to Saturday and she was supposed to stay until Sunday, but I came and took her out sooner. They never gave her any physical therapy. I am waiting for a call back from them because they told me that because I took my mom out a day sooner, I will not be compensated the extra $150 for the last night. Now, if I just pulled her out, and there was no issue, I would understand that, but I had several issues with them, and they said they were going to address it, and now I haven't heard from them again. I am going to give them another week because it was Thanksgiving, and I am going to see if they will at least reimburse me the $150 for the last night stay.

Their rooms were nice because when you walk in, they had a little sitting area with a kitchenette, and then they have the bedroom in the back, and they have a nice walk-in bathroom. They didn't clean my mother's room at all. She had a little garbage can in the kitchen, which I gave her, and no one came to take the garbage for a week. I gave her some fruits and cookies, so she was throwing it in the garbage, plus the orange peels were sitting in there all week. The staff seemed pleasant. But my mother had asked that she has a shower every other day, and they only gave her a shower twice. When I questioned it, they said that when they went in the room to give her a shower, she said that she didn't want one, and I find that very hard to believe because my mother showers everyday, and when I told them that, they said that they don't give showers everyday. She had asked for her exercise, and then they put her in the room where it was a group exercise where they raised their legs, sat on chairs, and did a couple of little exercises. She told them that it was not what she wanted and that she wanted the bicycle, and they said they couldn't put her on there. The food wasn't the best to be honest, because I tasted one of the meals. The only problem I have with her food was that she is Greek orthodox and she doesn't eat meat on Wednesdays and Fridays, and they made a note of it, but gave her meat on Wednesday and Friday. The people seemed very nice, and I could see that they were renovating the place because they needed to update everything since it was old. My concern was that she didn't get the service that I was promised.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at familyconnection@brookdale.com to discuss them in greater detail.

Idalia1 August 28, 2014

Sterling House was very nice. I like it. The staff's work ethics was very nice. As a matter of fact, they invited us for lunch. The place was very neat. It was a very nice area. It had a beautiful garden. The staff seemed to be very good. They had a very beautiful dining room. They had small rooms on their own. It's not like a room in a nursing home or in a hospital. It was like an apartment there. With regards to activities there, I saw them playing bingo and they had somebody playing the guitar. Overall, this place looked good.

Greg7 December 24, 2013

My mom is in Sterling House for a month now. At first, she was probably not happy there, but it goes with anybody going into assisted living. However, I think she is overall happy now. The people there are higher functioning than the one where my mother was. Regarding food, I haven't tried eating there but she says it's good. The living environment is really good, but for us, it is more about the staff. They may not be the most glitzy and posh, but the staff is very good. I like them. As far as the facility though, it could maybe use a bit of an update or a facelift. It is a nice facility and it is not bad, but it just needs freshening up a little bit.

Diane37 September 30, 2013

The staff at Sterling House are very nice. The rooms were nice, very attractive, and they were in a very nice location. The only problem I saw was that there was a lot of walking required and I don't walk very well, so to get from building to building either I had to walk or use an electric wheelchair, which is not practical in Florida where we have really chilly days.

caring7957 September 27, 2013

We went to Sterling House of West Melbourne. The place is clean. They have a room that could be shared with one person that is perhaps $200 less than the regular price which is close to $1500 a month. They provided three meals a day and I think most of the people who live there can go to the table rather than eat in their rooms. The dining room is adequate for about 15 people. At the time when we went there, a card game was going on and I was given a calendar wherein some of the activities were listed on it. The staff seemed friendly, but the rate was somewhat above my means.

Caring06181 June 26, 2013

We liked Sterling House of West Melbourne. We tasted the food and it was good. It was like home cooking. The people were friendly. They keep their residents busy with their activities. The place looks clean. The dining room was cheery. I think there were flowers on the table when we visited there. The rooms were kind of an average size. I like the location of the place and it was easy to get around.

Maryanne3 May 12, 2013

We visited different places for my mother and Sterling House is on top of our list. It was very comfortable, the staff seemed very attentive to people, the food was excellent, and the rooms were clean. They had their own pharmacy and in-house therapy for people that needed it. I liked it very much.

Caring2590 December 29, 2012

We liked Sterling House because it was closer to home and I think they might have been a little less expensive than others. The people were nice. We spent one whole afternoon with them and they were very helpful. My daughters found the nurses on duty really great. My husband's room had a refrigerator and microwave. But the rooms are unfurnished, so you have to bring your own furniture. They have two pianos, a nice patio, and big fireplace although the dining room is small. If you want physical therapy, that is another cost. They have two buildings there. The one that my husband was in is if you have mild senility, while the other building is for the more advanced like Alzheimer's and dementia. But my husband had a heart attack on his third day there. He was in the hospital for about three days. He had a Do Not Resuscitate and he went into hospice.

Pavan July 24, 2012

As it was first time, when I was going for a long business trip, therefore i was scared to availing such kind of services for my granny as there was no-one to look after her. But when I was returned, all time my granny talk about the staff, about there caring nature, dedication to their duty, cleanliness, courtesy of staff, My grandmother was is so happy there. All of the staff is great! They have hair dressers come in to do my grandmothers hair, she gets to takes trips. Best of all, the food is great and that is very important to her. As per my instruction, they giving her medicine in timely, and also inform me about her health time to time.If you are considering a facility to place a loved one I strongly urge you visit Sterling House for a tour. Thanks to Sterling Staff!

Stacey S May 31, 2012

My grandmother is so happy here. When we decided that this would be the best place for her we thought that it was going to be very hard for her. All of the staff is great! They have hair dressers come in to do my grandmothers hair, she gets to takes trips. Best of all, the food is great and that is very important to her. The facility is really clean and the grounds outside are kept up very well. The courtyard is really nice, my grandmother loves going out there with a book. It is very peaceful. We could not ask for a better place. We toured other places in the area and this one was by far the best. I wish we knew about this place for my other grandmother, she would have loved it. If you are considering a facility to place a loved one I strongly urge you visit Sterling House for a tour. It is conveniently located in Melbourne

mmartin030 March 10, 2012

Our granny was a wonderful lady and very self sufficient for longer than normal but we found her one day on the floor of the bathroom because she had fallen and she had been there all night and couldn't get up to get help. We decided to put her at Sterling House where they would be able to keep an eye on her and make sure she is safe. We were very reluctant to do this but the staff there made the transition quite wonderful!! It was so different than what we expected for her. She had trips to places that was exciting for her, as well as a lady that came in each week to do the ladies hair. She was very upset with us at first for evening asking her to go there, but she was happy she did, because she made friends, and knew she wouldn't have to spend another night on the floor hoping someone found her. With it being less than a mile from where we live, we could stop in and visit every day!

bebe03 May 10, 2010

Treated my dad like a king but!!!

The food quality could use improvement. Just wanted to pass this along for the benefit of others. "Too many beans," said my dad. "You wouldn't eat it," just another quote from my dad. For $3,000.00/month the food should've been much better! Good luck!!! Also, the physician at his new facility eradicated his rash immediately; why didn't this happen at Sterling???

From Brookdale West Melbourne

Brookdale West Melbourne provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale West Melbourne

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Tai chi

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: ALF

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
  • We offer financial aid