Brookdale West Melbourne West Melbourne, FL

Overview of Ratings

4.1

December 24, 2013

By Greg7

My mom is in Sterling House for a month now. At first, she was probably not happy there, but it goes with anybody going into assisted living. However, I think she is overall happy now. The people there are higher functioning than the one where my mother was. Regarding food, I haven't tried eating there but she says it's good. The living environment is really good, but for us, it is more about the staff. They may not be the most glitzy and posh, but the staff is very good. I like them. As far as the facility though, it could maybe use a bit of an update or a facelift. It is a nice facility and it is not bad, but it just needs freshening up a little bit.

September 30, 2013

By Diane37

The staff at Sterling House are very nice. The rooms were nice, very attractive, and they were in a very nice location. The only problem I saw was that there was a lot of walking required and I don't walk very well, so to get from building to building either I had to walk or use an electric wheelchair, which is not practical in Florida where we have really chilly days.

September 27, 2013

By caring7957

We went to Sterling House of West Melbourne. The place is clean. They have a room that could be shared with one person that is perhaps $200 less than the regular price which is close to $1500 a month. They provided three meals a day and I think most of the people who live there can go to the table rather than eat in their rooms. The dining room is adequate for about 15 people. At the time when we went there, a card game was going on and I was given a calendar wherein some of the activities were listed on it. The staff seemed friendly, but the rate was somewhat above my means.

June 26, 2013

We liked Sterling House of West Melbourne. We tasted the food and it was good. It was like home cooking. The people were friendly. They keep their residents busy with their activities. The place looks clean. The dining room was cheery. I think there were flowers on the table when we visited there. The rooms were kind of an average size. I like the location of the place and it was easy to get around.

May 12, 2013

By Maryanne3

We visited different places for my mother and Sterling House is on top of our list. It was very comfortable, the staff seemed very attentive to people, the food was excellent, and the rooms were clean. They had their own pharmacy and in-house therapy for people that needed it. I liked it very much.

December 29, 2012

We liked Sterling House because it was closer to home and I think they might have been a little less expensive than others. The people were nice. We spent one whole afternoon with them and they were very helpful. My daughters found the nurses on duty really great. My husband's room had a refrigerator and microwave. But the rooms are unfurnished, so you have to bring your own furniture. They have two pianos, a nice patio, and big fireplace although the dining room is small. If you want physical therapy, that is another cost. They have two buildings there. The one that my husband was in is if you have mild senility, while the other building is for the more advanced like Alzheimer's and dementia. But my husband had a heart attack on his third day there. He was in the hospital for about three days. He had a Do Not Resuscitate and he went into hospice.

July 24, 2012

By Pavan

As it was first time, when I was going for a long business trip, therefore i was scared to availing such kind of services for my granny as there was no-one to look after her. But when I was returned, all time my granny talk about the staff, about there caring nature, dedication to their duty, cleanliness, courtesy of staff, My grandmother was is so happy there. All of the staff is great! They have hair dressers come in to do my grandmothers hair, she gets to takes trips. Best of all, the food is great and that is very important to her. As per my instruction, they giving her medicine in timely, and also inform me about her health time to time.If you are considering a facility to place a loved one I strongly urge you visit Sterling House for a tour. Thanks to Sterling Staff!

May 31, 2012

By Stacey S

My grandmother is so happy here. When we decided that this would be the best place for her we thought that it was going to be very hard for her. All of the staff is great! They have hair dressers come in to do my grandmothers hair, she gets to takes trips. Best of all, the food is great and that is very important to her. The facility is really clean and the grounds outside are kept up very well. The courtyard is really nice, my grandmother loves going out there with a book. It is very peaceful. We could not ask for a better place. We toured other places in the area and this one was by far the best. I wish we knew about this place for my other grandmother, she would have loved it. If you are considering a facility to place a loved one I strongly urge you visit Sterling House for a tour. It is conveniently located in Melbourne

March 10, 2012

By mmartin030

Our granny was a wonderful lady and very self sufficient for longer than normal but we found her one day on the floor of the bathroom because she had fallen and she had been there all night and couldn't get up to get help. We decided to put her at Sterling House where they would be able to keep an eye on her and make sure she is safe. We were very reluctant to do this but the staff there made the transition quite wonderful!! It was so different than what we expected for her. She had trips to places that was exciting for her, as well as a lady that came in each week to do the ladies hair. She was very upset with us at first for evening asking her to go there, but she was happy she did, because she made friends, and knew she wouldn't have to spend another night on the floor hoping someone found her. With it being less than a mile from where we live, we could stop in and visit every day!

May 10, 2010

By bebe03

Treated my dad like a king but!!!

The food quality could use improvement. Just wanted to pass this along for the benefit of others. "Too many beans," said my dad. "You wouldn't eat it," just another quote from my dad. For $3,000.00/month the food should've been much better! Good luck!!! Also, the physician at his new facility eradicated his rash immediately; why didn't this happen at Sterling???

Let Us Search For You

• Tai Chi

• Financial Aid

• Licenses: ALF

About Brookdale West Melbourne

Brookdale West Melbourne provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

All on one floor so it is easy to navigate. Many activities that you have to choose from. Beautiful interior garden area.

Map of Brookdale West Melbourne