Victory Centre of Vernon Hills

97 West Phillip Road, Vernon Hills, IL, 60061

Reviews of Victory Centre of Vernon Hills

Rick34 May 28, 2015

The people who were employed at Victory Centre of Vernon Hills were cooperative. They provided a fair amount of information. We did get a tour, it was positive, and we liked seeing the facility. We were looking for a place for my parents. My sisters and I were pleasantly surprised with the facility, and everything worked out well. It is like an apartment building with four or five stories, and we were impressed with it. They did mention there were daily activities for the residents.

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you had a positive experience at Victory Centre of Vernon Hills. We welcome your parents back to our community to spend some time in our programs so that they can meet our staff, residents and get a feel of what life is like at Victory Centre of Vernon Hills. Please reach out to Kim at 847-549-6070 and she will be happy to schedule a time for them to visit again.

R&A May 27, 2015

We've just moved our father, who's 99 years old, from senior living to Victory Centre Assisted Living. We've met Kimberly Parker three years ago, when we're moving in our father, and at that time she was a great help and support to us. Thanks to her expertise exceptionally friendly personality, that move went through painlessly. This time, when our father's three years older, as well as we're, her help was beyond any expectations. Also, the entire staff personnel was very understanding, courteous and helpful. Regarding facilities we shall say that it's very well taken care of with a lot of options being offered at both - senior and assisted living. We're very thankful to Kim and entire personnel for making our effort much easier. Anna & Roman

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you have had such a wonderful experiece with Victory Centre of Vernon Hills, both on the senior apartment side and now the assisted living. We are very fortunate to have Kim on our team and hope you find all of our staff just as wonderful. As always, please make sure to reach out to our staff if there is anything else we can do to make your father's life at Victory Centre any better.

Caring105262850 April 21, 2015

I found Victory Centre, and I am now on the waiting list. It’s in the community where I live, and the visit was very satisfactory. The person there was fine, knowledgeable, and answered our questions. The rooms were fine, but I don’t think they have a lot of activities. The community all seemed fine and adequate, and the sanitation was fine too. They have a washer and dryer setup in the living quarters for each unit, and it was very impressive.

Scott24 February 11, 2015

We were very impressed with the staff’s professionalism at Victory Centre. They genuinely care, and one of the other things that we found out is if our parents outlive their savings that they are willing to accept Medicaid.

Basically, the biggest is an alcove, and the other one was a studio apartment. The dining room is very nice which is very nice. The food is adequate, and the portions were adequate for seniors. They’ve got five different activities each day, and they go on a bus to the mall, bingo, and all kind of stuff. I have been pleased with everything that I have seen. Security is very good. Every stairway door and every exiting door has an alarm on it or a fence. As soon as that opens, the staff and maintenance are alerted immediately. Everybody is very good and professional.

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review. I am glad to hear that you had a good experience at our community. Please let us know if there is anything more that we can do for you.

Therese3 November 29, 2014

Victory Center was a nice and clean looking place. It is spacious downstairs with hallways, beautiful couches, and nice music. There were a lot of staff turnovers though, and they don’t have enough staff. They should have more care. They have small rooms -- good for a single person. They have a sitting room and a bathroom. Patients are free to go outside if they want to. They have activities. There’s no privacy for the patients. Medications were not secured.

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. It is through reviews and feedback that we can improve our community. I would like to invite you meet with Kim Parker, our Lifestyle Specialist and/or Michelle Brody our Executive Director to discuss some of your concerns and for them to expalin our medication policy in more detail and how the medications are secured in each of our resident's apartment. Michelle and Kim can be reached at 847-549-6070. Thank you again!

Clara5 June 30, 2014

Victory Center was very nice. It was a large and very attractive community. The food was very good. They allow dogs. It is very nice living for someone who just wants to move into a facility where they don't have to cook, clean, etc., and also it has a nice social life. They have all kinds of programs for people so that they never get bored.

Arne June 26, 2013

Victory Center of Vernon Hills is a fabulous place. We can't wait till my aunt gets in there. I would give it 10 stars all across the board. The staff are kind. You can tell that they care about the seniors. They were very helpful in showing us all the amenities and answering all our questions. The apartments are very small, but they are brand new. The facility is just a year old. We liked that when somebody moves in to one of the apartments, they give new carpeting and they repaint the walls. They have very nice common areas, so there are other places for her to be other than just in her apartment. She is in a senior apartment, so they don't provide food. She has to get her own food and do her own cooking. I like that the people there are going to keep an eye out for her and take care of her if she needs it. They are very knowledgeable. There are activities and it has a nice location. It is near a public swimming pool, a library, and restaurants that she can walk too. My aunt really likes the place and she is just waiting until an apartment becomes available.

Elaine8 May 14, 2013

Victory Centre of Vernon Hills was new and the staff were wonderful. It was more of an assisted living type. The best part of this facility was the supportive living they had. I also liked the idea that the residents could order up from a menu and there were waiters. However, the location was a little far from our house.

Caring0396 April 18, 2013

I toured Victory Centre of Vernon Hills and talked to the admissions counselor. It was such a lovely and nice place to live in. The rooms were good enough for one person to fit in. But if I did not get any assistance, I could not get inside because of the price.

Sandra 1 July 02, 2012

We searched for a place for a friend and we chose Victory Center. The place was really great! This is a new facility and they opened just this year. And the facility was actually in a good place because its near to her son. And aside from that, the facility accepts Medicaid. It's a very big plus that they are accepting Medicaid. Overall the place is a very recommendable.

From Victory Centre of Vernon Hills

Welcome home to affordable apartments and supportive living for seniors . . . and welcome home to Victory Centre of Vernon Hills!

Victory Centre of Vernon Hills offers a supportive living community for adults 65 and older. Our vision is to create life-enriching environments where you or your loved one can lead engaging, meaningful and purpose filled lives.

Our exceptional staff delivers a coordinated care approach through supportive services, quality environments and award-winning programs to enhance your lifestyle and provide you – and your family – with dignity, privacy, respect, and peace of mind.

Our all-inclusive service package and financial safety net, for those who apply and qualify, provides you with peace of mind for your financial well-being. A comprehensive assessment results in a customized care plan that tailors services to your needs. Here is just some of what Victory Centre of Vernon Hills can offer you or your loved one…

• 24-staffing by certified personnel
  • Three delicious, well-balanced meals through our SenseSations dining program each day plus snacks
  • Wellness programs that focus on the strengths and interests of our residents and gives them the opportunity to lead groups, take an active role in their lives and environment, and learn new things.
  • Daily assurance checks
  • Disease prevention counseling and education on self-care
  • Resident and family education and support
  • Monitoring of resident call system located in your apartment’s bathroom and bedroom
  • Move-in coordination

Scroll through this webpage for a listing of additional amenities.

LIVE WELL, AGE WELL, BE WELL at Victory Centre of Vernon Hills

At Pathway Senior Living, we think about aging differently. We value elderhood as a viable and productive period of human life. We focus on providing WELL care, not sick care. We take a holistic and proactive approach to enhancing our residents' lives. Our approach is so unique and so deeply engrained in our culture that we even have aour own name for it - we call it "VIVA!" VIVA! is an enthusiastic celebration of life! It is far-reaching and all-encompassing. VIVA! sets the tone for the personalized way we care for our residents...our individualized approach to supporting their overall well being. VIVA! offers a whole new way of living life to the fullest!

Features of Victory Centre of Vernon Hills

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, Emergency call system

• Dining extra: Meals can be delivered to a resident's apartment if the resident is ill or unable to attend a meal.

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Our award winning VIVA! life-enrichment program earns praises from residents, staff, and the senior housing industry for its inovative, resident-centered approach to caring. VIVA! offers something for everyone!

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: Our care-staff to resident ratio exceeds state regulations
  • Minimum age: 65

• Technology extra: Apartments come cable & telephone ready should the resident choose to purchase those services from an outside vendor.
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
  • We offer financial aid