Brookdale Stevens Point Assisted Living

Overview of Ratings

4.1

September 23, 2013

By Kristine7

Emeritus at Oakridge was fine. If they had two-person transport, I knew my dad would have chosen it because he liked the apartments a lot. We were able to talk to the director and the assistants as well as some of the residents there and they all seemed very happy, congenial and very caring. They also had activities for the residents. For what they do and what they offered, they were a five star for me.

August 15, 2013

By Dennis11

We visited Emeritus at Oakridge because it was recommended by someone I knew. I met some of the staff and they were considerably accommodating. The rooms were spacious and attractive. The room we saw looked out to the backyard area and it had a patio door you could step out to because it was on the first floor. It was more of an apartment with two bedrooms and one bathroom. I would pick this room if I could afford it. We had a meal and I thought it was quite adequate. We had two choices from the menu and I thought the meal was satisfying. There were various programs available like seasonal get-togethers; they also had parties with drinks and snacks offered. There was also a room available if you wanted to have your family visit as long as it was scheduled. If my wife and I were to live there and picked the apartment we saw, we could be as private or open to see other people we wanted without using the main door of the building. I would recommend this place if they had enough money.

April 14, 2013

By Sophie3

Their motto is "Our family is committed to yours" but that is only as long as you can walk, talk and feed yourself. If your cognitive or physical skills decline (which is part of the disease process) you may be issued the dreaded 30 day notice to find a new home. This is a large facility managed by "corporate" whoever they may be, hundreds of miles away with no day to day contact with staff or residents. Don't be fooled by the fancy décor and furniture(it's really not very comfortable). The money would be better spent on additional staff.

March 25, 2012

By Karl123

I work at healthcare facilities statewide and Oakridge is the Gold Standard

February 19, 2012

By commercesd

We visited the Oakridge assisted living facility while in Stevens Point, WI recently, while researching possible places for our uncle to live. The outside grounds looked lovely and well tended. The foyer had a nice seating area - and we could see that all the community rooms were well decorated and looked comfortable. The snacks offered looked healthy and delicious; the staff encouraged everyone to eat - especially those who looked a little frail. The meal options all looked appetizing, as did the food that we saw - we liked that there was a lot of variety. From the social interaction to the many organized activities available, we could see that our uncle would be happy and well-occupied. He reads a great deal - so we liked the book selection and the fact that regular trips are made to the local library to expand their collection. The residents enjoy many outings and events during spring, summer and fall - from on-sight socials with the local church - to theater presentations and music and festivals in and around the community. There are also plenty of indoor activities to choose from, including things like skating, playing sports at the local gymnasium - and cultural events for all who are interested - during the winter months. There are a number of wellness and fitness programs to encourage participation from residents. The staff has adequate support to successfully deliver access of all of these things to the residents. The private rooms were decorated nicely -- as were the dining room and all of the communal grounds. We saw a variety of healthy, fresh foods available. Overall, we really liked this facility and the staff and are considering it as a place for our uncle to live.

Let Us Search For You

Save Stress

Features of Brookdale Stevens Point

About Brookdale Stevens Point

Amenities and Services
    • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
    • Medication management
    • Dining assistance and special diets
    • Assistance with reminders and redirection
    • Escorts and assistance with walking
    • Emergency response call system
    • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Stevens Point