Brookdale Richland

1629 George Washington Way, Richland, WA, 99354

Reviews of Brookdale Richland

Caring23631 December 23, 2014

Wynwood was very good. The people were very nice. In fact that was our second place where we were going to go, and then at the very last minute it didn’t seem like it was a good fit for dad because of his care needs. They were very good; they came over and assessed him. I actually went inside other places twice to see how everything was, but at the very last minute we were going there, and there was an issue about how far their service goes and what dad needed.

The dining and the room were very good. They actually had two dining rooms; I was more interested in the second one because it’s a smaller area, and dad really wasn’t up to eating in front of other people and doing a lot socializing. They have a second dining area for people that needed additional assistance. What I really didn’t care about it which would be physically fine for other people is that it was more a senior community and dad is more alone and aloof. He would be uncomfortable going up and down the elevators. The rooms were nice; they had little balconies. There were a couple of different options of floor plans; it’s perfectly adequate. I thought they could have had a little bit better bathroom; they just had a tub.

Caring87561450 June 30, 2014

I visited Wynwood because this facility is near to me. They have a great staff. They have activities for their residents. If you want to go walking to go to dinner, there are restaurants. I think the location is good, and they are trying to keep the rooms upgraded. They allow you to make your room feel like your home.

Caring74563150 November 22, 2013

Mom had stayed in Wynwood. It's like a big rectangle that was very hard for her to walk around. They did not care for her well. They did not get dress in time to do things. They did not get her to meals on time. My brother and sister in law were setting their alarm clock and call her for every meal and if she was not down there, they would call and the people at her table would go to the front desk to tell them to get my mom down for meal.

When they would finally get her down, everybody was done and she didn't get the socialization. We were not happy for that. I was there all the time, getting involved in all the activities, bring flowers and cookies for everybody. They only had one activity person who does all the activities and drove the bus. They were shorthanded. We were paying a lot and not getting the care that she needed. Then they lied to us and promised us an apartment on the first floor, but they gave it to somebody else.

I would find pills on the floor, on her chair and sometimes in the cupboard where they went to get a cup and left the pill in the cupboard and that was not good at all. However, I loved their activities and the activity director was wonderful. They went out to lunch once a week, which was one of my mom's favorite activity. The brought in the college bands. They had picnic inside the facility and outside.

Missingmygrandma May 18, 2012

My grandmother lived at the Wynwood assisted living center for years before she died last year. It was always a nice and peaceful living center. The staff was always kind. As a guest they always greeted my family and I with a smile. On top of this they knew me and my family by name. There were always events and other things for the residents to do. One of the things that I liked the most was that if there were too many people who came to visit, they had rooms on the floor that were set up for a larger group of people to visit at. My family took a lot of the family photos there, including our 5 generation photo. The experience for my family was so great that my Aunt and Uncle are looking at moving in when they cannot continue to do everything on their own.The only complaint that I had was that on occasion it would take the staff a little longer to respond than needed. This was more than likely because they were busy because it wasn't a regular thing.

Molae06 October 04, 2011

My grandmother stayed at this facility for 8 months before she was moved to a new facility. In the beginning I was rather pleased with the facility and it seemed luxurious and private enough for my grandmother. The unit she stayed in consisted of a one bedroom, one bathroom, and rather small living room and kitchenette. The unit was plenty large enough for an elderly woman without many items. This assisted living facility gave the residents a lot of privacy and the ones who still could drive were allowed to leave freely. My main problem with this facility was the fact that they did not catch on to my grandmothers signs of dementia quick enough. It took for her to leave the facility, get lost, and almost get hit by a car for them to finally say anything. When they did finally acknowledge the problem, they gave my grandparents a mere 15 days to find a new facility. I believe that the staff should have told us about the signs of dementia my grandmother was showing as soon as they noticed. Instead they waited until there was a close call to an incident and served her with a rather harsh notice to vacate. I understand that she had become a liability at that point, but I do believe that the situation was not handled well at all. Besides that, I loved the facility during her stay, and each staff member was very polite and friendly.

From Brookdale Richland

Brookdale Richland provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Richland