Brookdale Richland

1629 George Washington Way, Richland, WA, 99354

Reviews of Brookdale Richland

May 18, 2012

By Missingmygrandma

My grandmother lived at the Wynwood assisted living center for years before she died last year. It was always a nice and peaceful living center. The staff was always kind. As a guest they always greeted my family and I with a smile. On top of this they knew me and my family by name. There were always events and other things for the residents to do. One of the things that I liked the most was that if there were too many people who came to visit, they had rooms on the floor that were set up for a larger group of people to visit at. My family took a lot of the family photos there, including our 5 generation photo. The experience for my family was so great that my Aunt and Uncle are looking at moving in when they cannot continue to do everything on their own.The only complaint that I had was that on occasion it would take the staff a little longer to respond than needed. This was more than likely because they were busy because it wasn't a regular thing.

October 04, 2011

By Molae06

My grandmother stayed at this facility for 8 months before she was moved to a new facility. In the beginning I was rather pleased with the facility and it seemed luxurious and private enough for my grandmother. The unit she stayed in consisted of a one bedroom, one bathroom, and rather small living room and kitchenette. The unit was plenty large enough for an elderly woman without many items. This assisted living facility gave the residents a lot of privacy and the ones who still could drive were allowed to leave freely. My main problem with this facility was the fact that they did not catch on to my grandmothers signs of dementia quick enough. It took for her to leave the facility, get lost, and almost get hit by a car for them to finally say anything. When they did finally acknowledge the problem, they gave my grandparents a mere 15 days to find a new facility. I believe that the staff should have told us about the signs of dementia my grandmother was showing as soon as they noticed. Instead they waited until there was a close call to an incident and served her with a rather harsh notice to vacate. I understand that she had become a liability at that point, but I do believe that the situation was not handled well at all. Besides that, I loved the facility during her stay, and each staff member was very polite and friendly.

Photos of Brookdale Richland

Features of Brookdale Richland

About Brookdale Richland

Brookdale Richland provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Richland