Park Vista by Bonaventure Assisted Living

Overview of Ratings

3.4

June 10, 2016

By Virginia073752

We're considering Park Vista. They had a friendly, open, clean atmosphere, and the staff was very friendly and seemed to really know what they're doing and understand geriatric care. The apartments were very clean. You have to supply your own furniture, but other than that, they had nice bathrooms and a little kitchenette so it's very nice. I have eaten there, and it's very good. They go on trips to the museums, bowling, and shopping, and have music nights, movie nights, games like Foosball, cards, and a little library.

June 10, 2016

By Gene200768

Park Vista by Bonaventure had beautiful grounds and a great-looking campus, but my parents weren't crazy about it. They had a one-bedroom, two-room apartment and multiple dining areas.

May 22, 2016

By LanaXWHLL

Park Vista by Bonaventure was an OK facility. The staff was very nice and gave lots of information. I only saw one room, which was clean and in good condition. The grounds were impressive because it had a place for people to walk around, and the location was good because it was on a boulevard. Their food wasn't great, but it was fine and had a lot of choices. The dining area was very attractive.

February 29, 2016

By Reviewer120405350

We chose Park Vista by Bonaventure for my father. It’s clean. The people are very courteous and their food seems to be good. Their location for us is also very good.

February 29, 2016

By Snookie1

Park Vista was very nice and very clean. We ate lunch there. It was the first one we visited, and it was lovely. We really like this place. The staff was very accommodating. I can’t say there was anyone that was out of line. Everyone was super. The apartments were very clean. Everything was clean.

January 15, 2016

By Betty118264250

Park Vista was a really nice community. They gave you the feeling that they really cared about the people that lived there. The staff was pretty thorough. They answered all of the questions despite having a busy day because they had somebody from upper management show up for a surprise visit, so it was a little hectic for them. We had lunch there, which was very nice. The dining room had two areas: one side was where you serve yourself soup and things like that, and other side was full-service. It was like going into a restaurant and had a really nice feeling. People that work there came over and asked what we wanted to eat and drink. I would definitely recommend them to others. The rooms were wonderfully set up for retirees, which was nice.

September 30, 2015

By Melissa26

Everybody was really friendly at Park Vista, they greeted my mom, and they were interested in her, and treated her as a person. We had lunch, and the staff was really friendly and accommodating. The dining area was like in a restaurant. They had a serving staff, and you can order what you wanted. It was really clean, and they had a lot of activities planned for the residents. It had nice surroundings, they had a large storage space, a walk in closet, and they had closets in the bedroom, and cabinets. They also had a patio, and the place looked homey. They do have a bus that will take you shopping, they had organized entertainment, they do things for the Holidays, and they set up activities in the entertainment rooms. They have exercise classes.

July 29, 2015

By Kelly28

My father is in Park Vista. Actually, it is just down the road from my house. There is a lack of staff, and he is not treated like he should be. They are nice and everything to him, but his needs far outweigh the staff. There are two staff members each shift, and that is not enough for what he needs. He is falling, and we were told when they did the interview with him that there was plenty of staff and that they would be watching him, and the falling would not occur. He fell the very first day he was there, and I was like, "How did this happen?" So he has gone to the emergency room and had to have the EMTs called out. No, there is just not enough staff. I am very disappointed. The one good thing is that he actually likes the food. He gets fed there, and that is not even an issue, but the actual care is bad. It is not a memory care center. Even though they say that's what it is, it is not. The rooms are not clean. There is plenty of room there, but the housekeeping is not good. They don't clean up. He pees on the carpet, and it stays there. It smells like urine, and the bathroom is indescribable. They are just nasty. I have never seen any activity at all. They need staff members who are qualified for memory care unit and people who have Alzheimer's, and they need like a skilled nursing facility there. It is more assisted living and that is not what we were told it was going to be. He is pretty much on his own until something happens, and then they'd step up and help. They give him his medication, which I am thankful for, but the simple thing of combing his hair -- he was immaculate, he has always been a clean guy and everything around him clean. And when I walk in there and smell pee, it is ridiculous, or he's peed on himself and doesn't get changed. My dad deserves better than that, and this facility is not the place for him to be. It is very frustrating. He has gotten out, and this is supposed to be a secure place. I understand the fire hazard door and how that has to be, but he was actually outside the facility, walking down the sidewalk or actually stumbling -- because he doesn't walk -- next to a busy road. When the staff went to appear out the door, they didn't see him immediately, so they came right back in. And it wasn't until a spouse of one of the staff members was driving down the road that he noticed there was a gentleman stumbling down the sidewalk. Then, he told his wife about it, who immediately got in the vehicle and went down the road to pick up my dad. So the security is not well at all. They don't respond to alarms. I've been there several times and had to pull the cord just to have a nurse or the aide come in -- they're not nurses, they are aides -- and it is a good 10 to 15 minutes before someone finally responds.

May 17, 2015

By Janet105708150

We really liked Park Vista by Bonaventure. It seemed like it would be a good fit, and the apartment style made it homey. We were happy, but when they got back to us, they didn't feel that he would be a good fit because of his age; my son is only 27. The room was nice. It had a little kitchen and its own toilet and sink, but they had a common area for the bathroom so that he could be watched. The surrounding was very nice and very well landscaped, and the inside was very clean.

July 12, 2013

By Kathy40

We chose Park Vista Retirement and Assisted Living Community for my mom because it looked the nicest and seemed the best among other communities in our area. There are a lot of places in this community for residents and guests to sit and have conversation. My mom is not happier but she is accepting living there and doing okay with it. We got her a two-bedroom apartment with a washer and a dryer. I had lunch there a couple of times and the food seems very good. What I like best about this community is that there is a positive upbeat feeling to it. They also have a variety of activities like bingos and games. They also have music nights, happy hours and tea parties. They have tried to have something to do everyday. It also seems to be a well-staffed community. The people seem friendly and they really know the residents.

October 30, 2012

By Ryan McQueen

I was quite surprised and pleased with the community as a whole. I wasn't sure what to expect as it was my first experience with an assisted living community. The staff was very pleasant and helpful with any questions I had. It had a very positive and supportive vibe that just seemed to welcome you in as well as want you to come back. The grounds were well maintained and ornate. The rooms were extremely nice, well maintained, and modern, in my opinion. The dining options were varied as well as tasty. There were many outings and activities available for the residents on a daily and weekly basis. In speaking to people that currently lived there, they had little to no complaints about the overall community. I wish that I could go into greater detail about Park Vista, but my grandfather passed unexpectedly before I could visit it any more times. However, I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

July 15, 2011

By Love My Mom and Dad

I look for stability and this community does not have any. Can't tell if it is the communtiy or the company that runs it. We have moved out our parents after the 4 Director and 10 nurse in 10 months came and went. Stay away....

May 26, 2011

By 12birds

Other

This particular assisted living facility had the feeling of home. It was bright and cheerful. The decorations made the facility feel cozier and more of a home atmosphere. The residents are allowed to have pets and come and go as they please. They offer services such as haircuts, manicures and pedicures. The staff was friendly and willing to go the extra mile. The apartments homes were spacious. The grounds were well manicured and nicely kept. Plenty of parking too.

Let Us Search For You