Benchmark Senior Living at Nashua Crossings

674 West Hollis, Nashua, NH, 03062

Reviews of Benchmark Senior Living at Nashua Crossings

Caring111724150 August 31, 2015

Benchmark was a very nice place. It was excellent; it was what I was looking for, but it was really expensive compared to what we found. The room was excellent, and it was very nice.

Thank you. Please call our Executive Director (603-882-2898) if we can assist with anything.

Caring107135250 June 30, 2015

I would say that Benchmark Senior Living was a great community. The staff working there was very friendly and willing to accommodate us. Their rooms were smaller than others. I haven't tried eating there, but the dining room was very pleasant in the eyes. I didn't get to see all of the activities, but I know that they have a list of it. I think the only drawback that I saw was that their rooms were smaller.

Thank you for sharing. We take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Please feel free to contact our Executive Director (603-882-2898) if we can do anything for you and your family.

Bus5 May 28, 2015

Benchmark Senior Living had a nurse that was on-call during the day. So, if you had any kind of problem, she could at least take a look at you and make sure you were alright. They would give you a button to push if you were in distress or anything, and they would take care of you and make sure that you were OK. You would be as close as you could be to help.

It was very clean. When you went into the different apartments, they were all painted and fixed up nicely. When you moved in, it was completely clean and everything. They would come in and do the bed for you. You could put pictures up if you wanted to and decorate it in any way you saw fit.

My difficulty was that I don't have a lot of funds, and when I ran out, I wanted to stay in the same facility. The facility was great, but they wouldn't accept Medicare or Medicaid or any kind of state or federal help.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director (603-882-2898) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

Barbara28477850 March 07, 2015

I really liked the rooms and the apartments at Nashua Crossings. The food was good, and the dining room was very nice. They looked safe. They have a bus that takes you to shopping centers and grocery shopping. The people were very nice and helpful. They answered questions about the facility.

Thanks for your kind words! Please feel free to contact the Executive Director (603.882.2898) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

Caring101597250 February 10, 2015

I like that Nashua Crossings is clean, organized, and up-to-date. They have a bunch of stuff like outings, cooking class, Wii, and exercise class. They were able to answer my queries. The place looked absolutely immaculate. That’s the one thing that struck me the most. I thought about rating them higher, but I was really put off by the woman who led me around. She would interrupt the people who were living there in their activities to introduce me to them. I thought that was really intrusive, and I was kind of put off by that because these people were living here. I'm just coming here to just look around for a place for my mom, and she interrupted them in their activities. Trying to sell the place by interrupting their activities is something I thought that was really bad.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us as it helps us improve our services and communication. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director (603-882-2898) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

Caring102370650 February 09, 2015

We like Nashua Crossings. I think the staff is nice and caring. The food seems to be pretty good. They are attentive given the amount of staff that they have. They have single rooms, doubles, and some that are bigger than the others. They have board games. On holidays, they bring in people to sing carols. They try to have some activities like that. They have movie nights and one or two days a week, they will take you out to the community to do shopping or take you for a ride. However, it could probably use a couple of more people on the staff.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. We take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director ( 603-882-2898) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

Kathy99704950 January 13, 2015

I have known about Nashua Crossings since I have seen it from the time it was being built. The staff that assisted me there showed good attitude. Everything was fantastic. The rooms are very beautiful, well ventilated, and clean. The food that they were serving is very tasty, healthy, and it is great. I cannot say anything bad about the look of the place. The only thing that I was disappointed in is with them being not upfront. When they called, I was upfront with them that my mother had only a certain amount of money. So we went there and found the place to be beautiful. I had my hopes up. But when we sat down to do the financials, it was not going to work out. I wish they were more upfront to tell us that the cost is more than what we have during the phone call before we went there. But I would still recommend this place to people who could afford it.

Thank you for sharing. Caring for seniors is not just our purpose, it's our passion. Please let us know (603.882.2898) if there is ever anything we can do for you and your family.

Joseph34 January 04, 2015

Nashua Crossings was the one we liked the best. You had a fee to get in, and based on your needs, they had additional charges. What I liked about it was when your parent came in, they would assign a member of the community -- not a staff member -- but somebody who was living there buddied up with your parents to help with their assimilation to the community as well as help with the transition to this type of environment. The rooms were fine. They were small, but in retrospect they were all about the same for what you were paying. We didn't stay to eat, but we looked at the menu. It was quite extensive, nice, and varied. You could also see what they were going to fix a couple of days in advance as well.

This place also had a lot of communal space. So if you wanted to fix your own meal, they had a kitchen. If you wanted to go into a gaming area, they had a gaming area. If you wanted to check out some books, they had a small library. It was almost like they were trying to get you out of the room and got you involved in stuff. I liked it.

Caring99069950 December 20, 2014

My mother didn't like Nashua Crossings as it was too big for her. The rooms were small, but the vastness of the building was too much for her. When we visited, they were watching movies. The staff was very friendly.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. Please let us know (603.882.2898) if there is ever anything we can do for you and your family.

Leslie33 August 07, 2014

They’re at Nashua Crossing. It’s an assisted living facility and just barely opened up a memory care unit as well. It’s very sunny and a pretty place. The apartment they’re in is clean and big. It’s very well attended to by the staff and has a lot to offer. I would say the care they’re giving to my stepfather and mother is topnotch. They’re in their 90s and my mother was not taking medication as she was supposed to. They’re making sure that they get them every day and they get in the shower. They have meals in what looks like a 4 star restaurant so they have a lot of choices.

Your words mean everything to us! Thank you so much for sharing. Caring for seniors is not just our purpose, it's our passion.

jikolp October 13, 2012

The staff and the volunteers seemed to be very nice - they were very polite to me and my friend gets along really well with most of them. They have high school students that come to volunteer - keeping the residents company and teaching them how to use computers and software. The facilities were fantastic; the rooms were small but homey, and the residents could customize the rooms to become their own, unique homes. Common areas were kept very clean and tidy and the food was delicious! The furniture was super comfortable and the artwork complemented the overall decor and atmosphere. They had several computers for the residents and volunteers that came to teach them how to use the computers in fun ways. The other residents were lovely as well, making for a great community and their own family. They have a lot of group events like Bingo, movie night, and more. All in all, this was a pleasant assisted living facility that my friend really enjoys living in.

jlleighton1 August 28, 2012

We visited a long list of facilities when we were looking for a placement for our loved one. Nashua Crossings was one of the last ones we visited, and it was really a lovely property. We knew we wanted a place that had a clean, fresh feeling and didn't at all remind us of an old-fashioned nursing home situation. Nashua Crossings definitely fit the bill for that it was updated and well-kept, both inside and outside. The setup of the facility seemed to cover all the basics nice activity space, well-decorated common areas and plenty of lounge areas for smaller group gatherings. The individual rooms were nice and bright and were a good size as far as the apartments we'd seen at other facilities. Our only disappointment with Nashua Crossings was that we weren't able to get much time from the staff while we were trying to make our decision. Granted, we know everyone is very busy and trying to get a lot done in a little bit of time, but it would have put our mind at ease if we were able to have a more leisurely paced tour, speak with some residents, maybe enjoy a meal at the facility or meet with the head of nursing to go over specific concerns. But from what we saw during our visit there, the staff and residents had really nice interactions and there was a nice friendly atmosphere.

Thank you very much for your kind words! Statements such as yours mean everything to us as we take great pride in the trust families place in us. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team and of their dedication to the individual needs of every resident.

Please contact the Executive Director and set up a time when you can come back for another visit. We would love to have you for lunch or dinner. When you call, please mention that you'd like to speak to our Resident Care Director to answer any questions that you have. Again, thank you for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you!

Whitney Karr April 13, 2012

We spent a long time coming up with places to visit, as well as a long list of requirements and questions for staff and residents. I did not like that we were not able to speak to residents, even briefly, at this facility. It would have gone a long way in helping our decision to place my father there. The staff did seem very attentive, but I believe many of the nurses were not RN's, but in fact LPN's, a nurse with not as much training. The kitchen area was clean, and the dining area was very nice, but there were some lingering type odors, but that seemed common in most places we visited. The outside grounds were very nice also, and I do think they had full-time grounds crew, because we believed that first impressions of the facility are important. There were not as many residents here as in several other places in Nashua, which can be a plus or a minus, because they will get more one-on-one attention, but if my father did not like the other residents much, we would have been stuck.

From Benchmark Senior Living at Nashua Crossings

Independence, personalized care and companionship. Assisted living at Benchmark Senior Living at Nashua Crossings in Nashua, NH means helping seniors stay independent by providing 24-hour personal care in a socially active, dignified residential setting.

Residents enjoy attractive apartments, comfortable community rooms, a lovely outdoor patio and garden and an ever-changing program of social and fitness activities. Assistance with activities of daily living, such as bathing and dressing, along with medication monitoring, is personally tailored to each resident's changing needs and is provided by a caring professional staff.

Benchmark Senior Living at Nashua Crossings provides the best of both worlds -- the ability for seniors to remain independent and know that help is available 24 hours a day.

We are proud to offer a professionally-trained, licensed and caring staff who work with each resident, their family and their personal physician to develop a personal care plan.

Features of Benchmark Senior Living at Nashua Crossings