Solaris Senior Living Merritt Island

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Solaris Senior Living Merritt Island

August 23, 2013

By Jamiesue

Disappointed. for a $2.5 million/annual company, the place is grossly understaffed and cannot meet their contractural agreements. At night there are too few assistants and the one nurse is not an RN and is really overwhelmed. Food, try as they may, is not consistent. And a very rude older woman is the admin. manager. Fit for people who don't need nursing help.

April 24, 2013

By George20

My mother is at The Place at Merritt Island. The food is institutional. The food portions sometimes are small or big. The caregivers there aren't so good as far as the CNAs. The facility has a lot of people to take care of but they have limited staff. When you call, it takes time to get help. The staff is sometimes tired out. Some of them are very attentive and some really act like they don't care. The food and care are not consistent. I think that the outside of the facility needs painting and they can use some new furniture. I assume funds are limited and they have a reasonable pricing but it would be good if they could get better maintenance done. Also, the kitchen and dining rooms are fine but my mother has difficulty moving and getting up. If only the chairs had rollers so she could easily pull or push herself in and out. It's tough because my mother can't move out of a chair without assistance.

February 12, 2013

By mikkiesmom

I visited this community and have place my mother there it s very claen has a wounderful staff and the food i great.I would like to recommend this faculity to anyone who wants to place a parent in assisted living

April 28, 2012

By Volunteer 321

The assisted living building was kept very clean and tidy, however there were some rooms closed off for repairs. It seemed like they had a different repair company every few weeks and very little was getting done. Some of the senior staff were rather rude going about their job around us, but seemed nice to the residents which I feel made up for their behavior. The workers were good at keeping up with taking care of all of the residents. Each room is designed very nicely and it looked like there was not a lot that residents could get hurt by. The food was not very good at this assisted living place, which I feel would make the residents' stay not as enjoyable. There were many residents whom do not get visitors often. I feel that if workers stopped by their rooms to talk with them more often they would be happier living there.

June 23, 2011

By YurTricky

When I visited The Place at Merritt Island it was very clean and everything was well-presented. The staff were knowledgable and compassionate - they really seem to love what they do and who they do it for. In fact, used to visit this facility as a child to keep the residents company for a couple hours a week, as part of a program at the nearby Catholic school that I attended; regrettably I had to return many years later when a relative could no longer manage to live independently. Nevertheless, with the help of the excellent and capable staff, her transition went smoothy and without a hitch, and she really seems to enjoy herself. The staff always puts together a full calendar of events so she's always busy with something! I've only been around for mealtime once, so I say this with limited experience, but the food is pretty good! My only complaint is that the apartments seem rather small; don't be fooled by the brochure describing them as "spacious". Still, for one person, the size isn't too bad. Overall I would recommend The Place at Merritt Island for those looking for assisted living security without the assisted living feel.

About Solaris Senior Living Merritt Island

Solaris Senior Living Merritt Island is an assisted living facility in Merritt Island, FL that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Solaris Senior Living Merritt Island for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Solaris Senior Living Merritt Island