The Place at Merritt Island

535 CROCKETT BLVD., Merritt Island, FL, 32953

Reviews of The Place at Merritt Island

JamesPT November 21, 2013

I would not place my loved one in this community. It has gone from one of the most admired communities for seniors to "how much money can the owner pull out of the community". The administrator/director is never there. If you have issues or problems there is no one to go to. When I have seen the administrator, John, he's moved his office so no one can find him. The employees always talk about how he doesn't care about the staff or the residents, only about getting the most money he can put in the bank without providing the best services. This community has really gone downhill since my mom moved in. HORRIBLE!!! When the employees hate working there, you don't want your loved one living there... That's why she is no longer there. Unbelievable what type of senior community this place is. I will never move a loved one into a senior living community when the administrator, the person responsible for ensuring the care of the residents, is never there. BE WARE!!!!

Caring73421750 October 30, 2013

We choose The Place because of the price; location; what it offers; the environment and just a whole list of things. The rooms are very nice and well kept. The people are extremely helpful and caring. I like the overall offer of the place.

Jamiesue August 23, 2013

Disappointed. for a $2.5 million/annual company, the place is grossly understaffed and cannot meet their contractural agreements. At night there are too few assistants and the one nurse is not an RN and is really overwhelmed. Food, try as they may, is not consistent. And a very rude older woman is the admin. manager. Fit for people who don't need nursing help.

George20 April 24, 2013

My mother is at The Place at Merritt Island. The food is institutional. The food portions sometimes are small or big. The caregivers there aren't so good as far as the CNAs. The facility has a lot of people to take care of but they have limited staff. When you call, it takes time to get help. The staff is sometimes tired out. Some of them are very attentive and some really act like they don't care. The food and care are not consistent.

I think that the outside of the facility needs painting and they can use some new furniture. I assume funds are limited and they have a reasonable pricing but it would be good if they could get better maintenance done. Also, the kitchen and dining rooms are fine but my mother has difficulty moving and getting up. If only the chairs had rollers so she could easily pull or push herself in and out. It's tough because my mother can't move out of a chair without assistance.

mikkiesmom February 12, 2013

I visited this community and have place my mother there it s very claen has a wounderful staff and the food i great.I would like to recommend this faculity to anyone who wants to place a parent in assisted living

Volunteer 321 April 28, 2012

The assisted living building was kept very clean and tidy, however there were some rooms closed off for repairs. It seemed like they had a different repair company every few weeks and very little was getting done. Some of the senior staff were rather rude going about their job around us, but seemed nice to the residents which I feel made up for their behavior. The workers were good at keeping up with taking care of all of the residents. Each room is designed very nicely and it looked like there was not a lot that residents could get hurt by. The food was not very good at this assisted living place, which I feel would make the residents' stay not as enjoyable. There were many residents whom do not get visitors often. I feel that if workers stopped by their rooms to talk with them more often they would be happier living there.

YurTricky June 23, 2011

When I visited The Place at Merritt Island it was very clean and everything was well-presented. The staff were knowledgable and compassionate - they really seem to love what they do and who they do it for. In fact, used to visit this facility as a child to keep the residents company for a couple hours a week, as part of a program at the nearby Catholic school that I attended; regrettably I had to return many years later when a relative could no longer manage to live independently. Nevertheless, with the help of the excellent and capable staff, her transition went smoothy and without a hitch, and she really seems to enjoy herself. The staff always puts together a full calendar of events so she's always busy with something! I've only been around for mealtime once, so I say this with limited experience, but the food is pretty good! My only complaint is that the apartments seem rather small; don't be fooled by the brochure describing them as "spacious". Still, for one person, the size isn't too bad. Overall I would recommend The Place at Merritt Island for those looking for assisted living security without the assisted living feel.

About The Place at Merritt Island

The Place at Merritt Island is an assisted living facility in Merritt Island, FL that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact The Place at Merritt Island for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of The Place at Merritt Island