Grand Villa of Melbourne

964 South Harbor City Boulevard, Melbourne, FL, 32901

Reviews of Grand Villa of Melbourne

Sally1970 June 04, 2015

Grand Villa was highly recommended to us by a relative in the area. The facility is impressive with numerous amenities and is tastefully decorated. Everyone's friendliness is contagious and we felt they truly care about the welfare of each resident. We would highly recommend this facility for your loved one...it feels like home!

Caring105922450 February 11, 2015

We chose Grand Villa because of a recommendation from a doctor and because they take Medicaid. The staff is friendly, and they follow through. If you have a problem, they are on it immediately. The place is a converted hotel, and my dad is in a one room apartment. They always have movies, arts and crafts, and exercise. They have a chef, and the food is very good. My dad hates to have sprinkled parley or basil on top of the food. So of all the 200 meals they make, he doesn't get sprinkles on the top of his food. They could probably improve the emergency respond time like when they push a button.

It is always nice to hear that we have been recommended by our healthcare community and happy to hear that your dad is happy living at Grand Villa. We always want you to have a peace of mind that we are taking the best of care of your dad and I would love to talk with you about anything we can do to improve his quality of care. Please call me at 321-725-0300 so I can work to resolve any concerns you or your dad may have.

Sincerely, Brenda Jones | Executive Director | Grand Villa of Melbourne | Phone: 321-725-0300

Megan10 January 21, 2015

Grand Villa is relatively new; it's only a couple of years old. The staff is really wonderful. They really go the extra mile to make sure their residents are really happy and comfortable. I would certainly recommend it if someone is looking for a facility for their parents or family members. The sanitation is excellent. It is immaculate. I like their accessibility; my dad is just across town. The staff is very warm and very welcoming. You can tell with everybody that they generally care about their residents.

Caring94752750 November 29, 2014

Grand Villa of Melbourne is a really nice facility. It’s very clean, and the people were nice, but the price was just way out of their budget. The staff was very nice as well. Their rooms looked like a motel room, and they were spacious enough for two people. They have a bus that takes you shopping. They have a swimming pool and a game room. They also have a snack bar. We saw the menu, and that looked pretty good although we didn’t get to try anything.

Home with family November 23, 2014

My grandmother lived at Grand Villa for over two years. She enjoyed her time at Grand Villa - the staff always made her feel special and made her feel like family. During her final days, I was comforted to know that she was surrounded by people who truly loved and cared for her as if they were her own family. I can't say enough good things about Grand Villa of Melbourne.

C. Hoffman September 19, 2014

I live in California and my sister has dementia and resides there. Friends and relatives occasionally visit, but I truly depend on the staff to keep me informed. They treat my sister with respect and make sure I'm aware of her needs. I can't imagine a finer fit for assisted living and I appreciated the communication they afford me. C. Hoffman

FrisbeeFlinger June 11, 2014

My husband and I visited the community today to preview it as a potential place for my mother. I was really impressed with the facility and the staff. Gwyn gave us a complete tour, introduced us to staff, told us about expansion plans and answered all of our questions. We visited the dining room and observed the food and service. I asked a table of nice ladies how the food is and they all commented that it is delicious. The food looked good and very well prepared. The residents really seemed happy and content. I have read the reviews and all of the recent reviews are very positive. Gwyn told us that they had a change in Exec. Directors early on and it seems that the negative reviews were from that transitional period. I was very pleasantly surprised at the facility, the activities and the whole atmosphere and I really like that they don't segregate residents based on their care needs. This community might just be the perfect fit for mom.

mjy May 19, 2014

M mom was having safety issues in her home. She had fallen twice. Deep down she knew she had to move to a safer place. Her friend was at Grand Villa and highly recommended moving there. The staff has been very patient and helpful with Mom They let her be as independent as she wants to be. This is important to her and me. The staff listens when an issue comes up and works with both of us to resolve it. I have piece of mind knowing Mom is being well taken care and safe.

Hugvet May 19, 2014

It took awhile for Mom to settle into learning she wasn't independent any more, but the team at Grand Villa helped with her transition. All the staff is very caring and moves promptly to care for their residents! They know all their residents on a first name basis and know of their individual needs and requirements . Just like in all facilities, the residents love ones need to be involved with their loved ones needs and concerns and make sure they relay this information to the staff. I highly recommend you consider Grand Villa of Melbourne in your choice for assisted living !

grandvilla fan May 17, 2014

Wow!!! What a wonderful place. My mother lives at Grand Villa and what a difference it has made in her happiness. I live out of town and can't visit as often as I would like, but talk to my mom several times a week. She has made several friends. She will not miss lunch time due to the dining room manager, Scott. He always makes a point to stop by and talk to mom, always putting a smile her face. When I have visited, I am always amazed by his professionalism and charming personality. I see why my mom and her table mates adores him. The facility itself is eloquent and very well maintained. I know that my mom is always safe and well taken care of. Sure, there are very few times that things don't go my moms way, but Brenda, the Administrator, is always on top of things. Through the grace of God, I am so pleased that we found Grand Villa for my mom. I know she will well cared for and is happy. After all, she is the best mom in the world and deserves only the best. Thank you and God bless all at Grand Villa.

Happy Daughter in law May 16, 2014

This place is amazing

Caring65195450 May 11, 2014

Grand Villa was very nice. The rooms were sufficient, and the staff was nice. It seemed to be very clean. We only saw one room. This used to be a hotel, and they knocked the wall out and made two rooms into one. They had a therapy room for physical therapy. They had bingo, and they had pool tables.

It had continuing care. When their people got to the point where they really needed nursing home care, there's a nursing home right in front of Grand Villa, and they send their people there.

happy dad at Grand Villa May 07, 2014

My dad loves living at Grand Villa. When he was home all he did was sit in front of the tv. At Grand Villa he talks to the other people at his table and then after dinner he can't wait to come back down stairs to visit a few of his friends that watch Jeopardy together. It's nice to see him enjoying life again. The activities person Rene is great and my dad loves her. You can tell how much she cares for the elderly. The staff are always helpful and you feel the warmth in the facility. Dad was a manger when he worked so he feels like it's his duty to make suggestions. Brenda the director always makes him feel like his suggestions are valuable and he leaves her office feeling like he's make a difference. This was a very hard move for my family and dad but this was just what dad needed.

Northerner April 09, 2014

What a great experience my family had at Grand Villa.. Moving my mother from independent living into an ALF was one of the most difficult decisions my family has had to make. Trying to manage the move from 1000 miles away was not going to be easy, or was it?? The staff at Grand Villa made it as easy as it could be. From the move in coordinator Geri Woods to the nursing staff headed by Brandy, I knew that my mother was in the right place. I spent three weeks on and off, in and out of the place after I moved my mother , sometimes announced, but mostly unannounced at all hours of the day & I found the staff behavior was always the same. I would highly recommend Grand Villa to anyone that is looking for a place for their loved ones in the Melbourne area.

Unhappy with Grand Villa March 23, 2014

I am a frequent visitor to this facility. On the surface it appears to be well maintained and run.I listen to the residents and see what really goes on. The residents wait a long time for showers and baths. Sometimes not even getting a shower the day assigned .The type of food served at the Christmas party has never been seen on the resident's plates at meal time ever in the 2 years I have been visiting.The sandwiches at night are truly indescribable at times. The bread is already crusty( possibly buying day old bread to save money) and potato chips with every meal.I would think nutrition would be important for residents on medications and their age. The only fresh fruit is out in the lobby where visitors see it. Yes the residents can help themselves there but there is not a fresh fruit or vegetable to be seen in the dining room unless you classify tater tots .Most of the people at the Christmas party I haven't ever seen on a regular basis so they could be fooled by the presentation.The head nurse Brandi is not compassionate for the residents or the visitor for that matter. If you try to address a concern she turns it around to be the resident's fault, or just flat out is untruthful.I am making arrangements to move my loved one.My impression is Grand Villa is short on staff and there is only two aides/nurses available to oversee all the floor's residents and two aides/nurses to dispense medicine. If your family doesn't require a lot of assistance this may be the place for you. But I pity them if their condition changes. The other Head Nurse Jean agrees with you and You feel her compassion but everything runs through Brandi so it doesn't happen.

Caring82078850 December 31, 2013

Grand Villa of Melbourne didn't have memory care. They don't lock down their lobby good enough. They were honest enough to say that mom wouldn't be a good fit here and it wouldn't be a good idea. They were honest about things that way and I am impressed with that. Sanitation looked good. Everything I walked through, all of them were good. I don't have any problems with sanitation, smells or anything like that.It is a really high, multi-story facility, hotel turned into assisted living. Being that close to the river, you probably have some hurricane problems occasionally.

Marysue16 December 28, 2013

Grand Villa always goes out of their way to make sure my mom is happy. The Christmas party was equal to a country club event. The food and entertainment was excellent. I am so happy we moved mom into Grand Villa. She couldn't be happier and it is so nice to go visit her, have lunch with her and meet her new friends. All the staff are happy and helpful and management are always there for all of us. Thank you Grand Villa for another great Christmas memory with mom.

Pam18 October 26, 2013

Grand Villa is a brand new facility and it's very nice and lovely. The rooms were very nice and the staff were friendly. But the facility has more than one floor so she needs to get into the elevator and that is the reason why we didn't chose this place, as it would be difficult for her because she is on a walker.

Happy in Melbourne December 28, 2012

My mom moved into Grand Villa about 2 months ago and I couldn't be happier my first impression was how friendly and happy the staff was and how clean everything was but know I know I made the right choice my mom is hapier than I have seen her in a long time she has friends she love the food and the last time I visited her she didn't have time to sit and chat she wanted to go to the entertainment we had so much fun my kids love going to visit gram know Thank you Grand Villa

Disgusted family member November 05, 2012

I am happy to see my loved one was not the only one who had issues with this facility. The management staff made me feel like any issues were my loved ones fault. Everytime I went to the facility they could never tell me exactually where my loved one was and when located was always soiled. I am very happy to have my loved one out of there and I will NEVER recommend this facility to anyone!

Dear Family Member,

I am so sorry you didn't have a pleasant experience at Grand Villa of Melbourne. We try very hard to make sure all our residents and their family members are satisfied. Please call me at 321-725-0300 to discuss your situation. Although your loved one no longer lives here, we welcome feedback that can help us to improve.

Concerned_family November 04, 2012

I wish we had seen how this facility was really run prior to signing a lease with them. The staffing is horrible, although they make it look really good during the day and the amount of issues we have seen with medications is unbelievable. In one visit alone we saw they didn't have the medicine, gave the wrong medicine or spent 5 minutes trying to locate the medicine. Then they tried giving our family member a bedtime medicine at 5 p.m. This facility will promise you the moon to get you in the door then you find out they were all talk and that they do not have adequate staffing for the number of people who live there. I thought there were laws about that but apparently it does apply to this facility. We will be moving our family member out as soon as our contract is up!!

Dear Family Member,

Please call me at 321-725-0300 to discuss your concerns. I will do everything possible to make things right for you and your loved one.

HometownGirl33 November 01, 2012

My mother lives at Grand Villa and up until recently was very happy to be there. There was a change in some of the management a few months ago and unfortunately it has, in our opinions, had a very negative effect on the facility. The turnover rate in the staff has definitely increased. It seems there is a new person every time we are there and all of the good nursing staff, with the exception of one or two have left or are planning on leaving. I have been told by others that live there that the new nursing manager has cut all of the nursing staffs hours which is why they are always shorthanded and that she routinely reprimands her staff in front of the everyone. The dining room staff is always shorthanded as well. Sometimes they wait for over 30 minutes for their meals which are nothing like they were when my mother first moved in. We also question some of the people they are allowing to move in now. When we moved my mother in we were under the impression this was an independent/assisted living facility not a nursing home. We are very disappointed with the way the facility is being run and are considering moving my mother. It is also very obvious to us that the staff is not happy which is not a good environment for those who live there. Please understand, we absolutely love the nursing staff that helps mother, but seeing what is going on makes us very uncomfortable. It seems to us that the new management doesn’t care about anything other than filling rooms and running on as little staff as possible to increase profits. What other possible explanation could there be when you have a building with over 100 people in it and only 2 people doing the needed care and 1 or 2 passing out medicine?

Dear HometownGirl33,

We want everyone who lives and works at Grand Villa to be happy to be here. Please call me at 321-725-0300 so I can work to resolve any issues and concerns you or your mother may have.

concerned in satellite beach November 01, 2011

My mother's experience at this facility was pretty bad. She was at Grande Villa in Melbourne fl for a week of Respite care and actually for a trial run. I am her care giver and was going to be out of the country for a week. Mom is a 90 yr old with some physical issues but is sharper than a tack. Thank God! I dropped her off on a Saturday and the first thing I realize is that the bathrooms are lacking in handicap facilities. There was only one grab bar in the showere just where you would get in. Mom could never walk around the shower to even turn on the water as there was nothing to hold onto. The toilet had one bar behind the toilet. Nothing on the sides. So we went back home and got her potty chair that doubles for a shower chair, so they could get her in the shower and sit her down to wash her. Well that would have worked but she did not get a shower all week. They never bothered. They also didn't bother to make her bed half the time. On Sat night I called to see how she was. I was leaving first thing Sun morning. Well they had messed up all her meds. Put the ones that were once a day and were instructed to administer around 5pm with the morning pills. Mom didn't know for sure what she took in the AM as I always fill her pill box --so they were just going to skip them. I called and got them strait.

We had a terrible storm that weekend and Mom's room had water coming in the windows. The pulled off the baseboards and pulled back the rug and put a giant fan in her room and left her in there that way all week. Now the women has COPD, is always cold, and here she sat in a room that was probably getting mold infested.

They came in her room one day to draw blood. Mom resisted and righfully so---they had the wrong person. Now if Mom had not been so sharp what would they have done???

Mom uses over the counter eye drops. She had trouble getting them in--her hands are numb. They refused to help her--saying they need a dr. order----so call the dr. Of course not mom just did without and when I got there to pick her up her eyes were red as a beat.

I spoke to the administrator who kept aplogizing. She was supposed to refund some money---but I never heard back from her. It was not about the money it was about the lack of care.

Skrillex October 31, 2011

My grandmother was/is in poor health so we moved her into The Grand Villa from her home up north. If you ask her, she's very fond of the place, but then again, she doesn't care for much these days. I, on the other hand, have a pretty objective view of it, having moved her in and visited several times in her few short months since living there. It's a renovated hotel that's been transformed into a nice assisted living center. There's a fairly large outdoor pool, a medium sized collection of books assorted throughout the first floor, and the rooms are decent. From what I've observed, the staff are all kind people who like to be there at the Grand Villa. The place has style, you can it in the decorum. It's Florida so there's no need for a real fireplace, but the downstairs gallery features a lovely artificial hearth, and there's a full-size pool table there as well. On one occasion I ate dinner there and the food was good. A couple were celebrating their anniversary of over 50 years and so the establishment provided a couple different selections of cake. My only quibble was the portion size of the meals. Don't get it twisted--I'm sure most people would be satisfied--but I can chow down five burgers and still be hungry. Despite this, the insitution has so far been exemplary.

From Grand Villa of Melbourne

At Grand Villa of Melbourne, stress-free senior living in a home-like environment is our standard. All of our services are provided at an all-inclusive monthly rate. Residents only pay for the services they require and use. This makes our community an affordable alternative to home care since residents no longer pay for home upkeep, such as lawn care, utility bills, and much more.

We take care of all the chores of daily life, so our residents can spend their time as they choose. From our comfortable apartments with all the features that make life easy, to our dynamic calendar of social, recreational and cultural events, we help our residents live every day to the fullest.

We provide complimentary transportation to and from local medical appointments, shopping excursions, and group outings. Third party health care specialists also visit our community on a regular basis.

We encourage you to visit Grand Villa of Melbourne to see our beautiful community. Call today to schedule your personal tour.

Location across from the river, close to hospitals, center of Melbourne, and shopping. --- We keep the same staff (housekeeping, resident care) per each floor for continuity of care. --- We are a 3rd generation family owned company with over 60 years in the health industry.

Features of Grand Villa of Melbourne

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Phone provided as part of apartment rate. 1 time fee of $100.00 for both cable and phone.
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Housing extra: We can do companion suites that would look and feel like a private. They would have their own toilet and sink but would have to share a shower. We also have the very unique feature of having 2 full bathrooms in our one bedroom apartments.
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Pool Table, private water view apartment for intimate and private resident gatherings, designated outdoor smoking area for residents, Pet Therapy, Aqua Therapy, Yoga, Resident driven activities, and regularly scheduled outside music events brought in.

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class, Aqua Therapy, Resident driven activities and a large pool and patio for regular entertainment such as BBQ's, Breakfast Buffet, Happy Hours, and themed parties.

• Private services

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,695/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: None

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): AL #11991