Brookdale Shadow Hills

110 Frankford Avenue, Lubbock, TX, 79416

Reviews of Brookdale Shadow Hills

Caring105916350 April 28, 2015

Cottage Village came highly recommended. It was a good price, and Dad could have a private room. It was a convenient location for my sister. The room is nice with his own bathroom. Some staff are amazing, and others seemed intimidating to my dad. They had different planned activities like carnival days and movie nights. The employees need to care more.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us is not fully meeting you and your loved one’s expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at familyconnection@brookdale.com to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

Caring80191350 April 26, 2014

My mother is at Cottage Village. It's a great place. The apartments are very roomy. It has got lots of storage, and it's well-kept. The staff is very nice and warm. The facility is very clean and very well-maintained. Mom is fine and good there.

Danette1 February 28, 2014

Cottage Village seemed nice and clean; however, it was a larger facility. We decided that Mother needed a very much smaller ratio of nursing staff to residents. Accommodations were nice. They all have bathrooms; however, their rooms weren't large; they were enough. As far as the staff, the ones that I met were all very nice and pleasant. They seemed okay. I spoke with the cook and looked at their menu and it looked good.

Leaf19 September 29, 2013

I liked the family atmosphere in Cottage Village best. They seemed genuine and the staff was excellent. The rooms were extremely small for two and I had both my parents there. The biggest problem that I had was that there was not a licensed personnel there at certain times. However, the experience was good.

Susan Myatt July 22, 2013

Amazing facility. Mother has been there a week after reluctantly going and loves it. The people are friendly and helpful. Facility is clean and spacious. Very pleased with management and how well they run the community.

commercesd January 14, 2012

Cottage Village in Lubbock looked more like a nice motel when we drove up than an assisted living facility. We were checking out local places for our aunt. It has lovely landscaping around the perimeter. As we entered, we could see a lovely piano gracing the main room.

All of the private rooms had ceiling fans, many windows and lots of light which made them look cheery. The dining room was cozy and quaint. The food looked delicious and nutritious. The snacks are offered frequently throughout the day.

The activity rooms we ample for the facility and featured many stimulating activities. The residents are also taken out on many fun outings regularly and can request special ones if they like. They also provide transportation individually as necessary.

The private rooms were all nicely decorated, fresh and bright. Residents usually decorate them however they wish, but the facility will help if they like. The bathrooms are designed for safety and easy navigation.

The yard is well kept and has plenty of seating for the residents to enjoy. There are many types of residents here who need various levels of care. The staff adjusts their care levels easily and as necessary.

We could see that the residents here are well cared for and feel like they are home.

From Brookdale Shadow Hills

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Shadow Hills