Ten Oaks Place

3610 SE Huntington Circle, Lawton, OK, 73501

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Ten Oaks Place

August 30, 2014

Ten Oaks was the cheapest facility I could find for my mother. It's a nice and clean place and they just remodeled it. All I got for her is one room with a little kitchenette and a bathroom. Their staff seemed to be very nice, but she is not really happy there because they don’t have a whole lot of activities. She said that by 7 o'clock at night, everybody has gone to their room, but I also know that they would take residents shopping. My mom doesn’t like their food at all. I have also eaten the food and it's not really good.

July 19, 2014

Ten Oaks seemed like a really nice place. The lady we talked to was very nice. I have called her and talked to her several times, and she was really concerned about me. We were able to walk over the dining area, and it looked nice and clean. Overall, it seemed like it would have been a nice place to stay, and I enjoyed the visit.

July 07, 2014

Ten Oaks is a very nice facility. The people are very kind here. They all have been very good. They're very generous with their portions, and the place is clean. Everybody has a good attitude, which is very beneficial. There are lots of people to talk to. We have games, we go on bus trips, and I still have my car, so I use it to go visit friends. There are some problems, but they take care of them, usually, one by one. The room is very comfortable. It's spacious, has plenty of storage areas, and you're not crowded.

September 13, 2012

By rodfitts

I had interesting visits to Ten Oaks. I thought the Ten Oaks staff was treating my great-grandmother and other residents very well. I explored the facility a bit, and saw all the ways that they assisted the residents with daily activities. They ensured that the residents were as comfortable as possible, taking care of the chores and general cleanliness of the rooms for them. They also prepared restaurant-quality food three times a day, as well as snacks throughout the day to guarantee that they always had a chance to eat something. The rooms are skillfully designed to evoke a sense of space, which I think prevented residents from feeling cramped or trapped. The various furniture and other luxuries within the facility were all of high-quality, and I'm sure that it enriched the enjoyment the residents had there. My great-grandmother has had a wonderful time there, and I'm sure the current and future residents will continue to have pleasant times there as well.

July 24, 2012

By annemcloskey

My Uncle Robert had a life-altering accident last year that rendered him deaf and affected his memory. For months he had no idea who any of our family was, or even who he was. Towards the beginning of 2012 he started getting better and because all of our family was miles away, we immediately started looking into assisted living facilities. In March I went and visited Ten Oaks in Lawton, Oklahoma and was blown away with the dedication and love put into the place. They really focused on the specific disabilities that he had and helped us to better understand his needs. The facility was located in a nice area, and included many of the same activities he enjoyed pre-accident. They took care of the cleaning and "chores" and even had classes to assist residents with memory revival (which was very important to us). Ten Oaks is really a fantastic home for those unable to support themselves mentally or physically, and offers the best in care and entertainment. Unfortunately My Uncle Robert passed away this past April so he was not able to move in, but we definitely would have chosen Ten Oaks. It is really a wonderful, wonderful place.

May 16, 2012

By Traci1

I really think the facility is a good one. They provide around the clock care for their residents. The faculty is extremely friendly and does a good job with all the patients. The facility is clean and offers a variety of activities for the residents that will keep them entertained. They offer games such as bingo and cards. Also, they residents are given many opportunities to socialize with the other residents. The rooms are decent sized. They contain a decent sized living space/room, a bathroom, and a kitchenet. There is also a barber shop on sight for the residents to use whenever they want. I also like the fact that the residents are given snacks throughout the day and are not forced to eat at an assigned time. They are allowed to eat whenever they are hungry. Also, the facility has an area where a preacher will come to the site on Sundays for church.

February 07, 2012

By commercesd

We visited the Ten Oaks assisted living facility while searching for a place for our aunt to live in the Lawton area. It looked like a nice motel as we drove up. The lush greenery around the building offered some nice seating for residents to enjoy safely. The main entryway had a calming, yet beautiful decor and led into a nicely furnished room with comfortable and inviting furniture. The main dining room had plenty of space with lots of light and nice furnishings. The food looked and smelled delicious. The menus all had healthy food options for all kinds of diets. Healthy snacks are offered all day and available whenever requested. The private dining room had long, community style seating where formal dinners and private gatherings could be held. There was also a billiard room. The comfortable library had plenty of easy access chairs of many kinds. There was also a large room with long tables where seniors could enjoy snacks, do crafts and socialize. The private rooms featured plenty of space in nicely decorated surroundings. All had a great deal of natural light and fresh air with very comfortable furniture. The grounds outside offer easy access for residents, where they can enjoy walking around freely safely each day. There is also enough space to have parties and picnics. Communal rooms were spacious, with very7 comfortable furniture and a calm decor. The seniors can socialize, play games and make crafts in many of the rooms. The facility can accommodate all levels of ambulation. The fitness equipment was located in a casual room that also had nice tables to relax at in between exercising. They also offer exercise classes regularly. The seniors can also get a lot of exercise when they go on nature walks and trips into town to enjoy to art, music and local culture. They also get to experience the many casual and fine dining establishments. The residents looked very content in this nicely designed living environment and it was clear that the kind staff was very competent and saw to their needs well.

July 31, 2011

By jenmac10

When my grandfather died, my grandmother moved into Ten Oaks assisted living facility. I thought that the living facility was clean, however the staff was less than helpful. My grandmother (who was dying of heart failure) could never get anyone on the phone. Otherwise, she thoroughly enjoyed living there. The grounds were always clean and manicured. She said that she had the freedom of home but with the assistance of a nursing home. Her favorite places to spend her time were in the garden area and the library. She also enjoyed the built in social circle that Ten Oaks was able to provide for her that she wouldn't have had otherwise. She was able to take her dog with her, which was good for her. The month to month rental policy was also very nice because she lived on a budget. Overall, a very nice facility for those who need it.

Features of Ten Oaks Place

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3800/month

About Ten Oaks Place

Ten Oaks Place is an assisted living facility in Lawton, OK that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Ten Oaks Place for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Ten Oaks Place