Balmoral Assisted Living

93 Balmoral Dr, Lake Placid, FL, 33852

Reviews of Balmoral Assisted Living

Norma23 July 21, 2015

We visited Balmoral Assisted Living for my son. Everybody there was nice. It was a nice facility. The rooms were fine. Everything was fine other than the shared shower and bathtub. The rooms weren't spacious, but they were sufficient. Also, they have a library, and they have bingo and movies. The location was good too.

Janice104637650 June 12, 2015

Balmoral was very nice. The food was excellent. The staff was very friendly. The rooms that we looked at had kitchenettes, a sink, a microwave, and a fridge in them, which was important to us. They had shopping trips and activities. I liked the friendliness of the place.

Caring102272550 November 28, 2014

I liked Balmoral, and it is on my list for assisted living when I get stronger. It was a friendly community; the people there were friendly. The staff was professional and courteous, and the residents that I spoke to appeared pretty happy. They provide laundry services and everything else. This is actually the one that I am probably going to be able to afford. Their rates are a lot lower, and they don't hit you with extra add-ons.

Caring91266450 August 31, 2014

I had visited Balmoral Assisted Living several times. I knew several people there, and it was very nice. The staff was very nice and helpful. The rooms were very nice. I ate there, and the food was very good. The dining area was very roomy and spacious. I was very satisfied with their activities.

Bren2 August 28, 2014

We chose Balmoral Assisted Living because my daughter can have her little dog and she can keep her vehicle. My daughter has a lot of handicaps. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. Regarding accommodation, it was a very nice room. It was a little bit smaller than I wanted it to be, but it will be sufficient. Their dining room was very nice. Also they have a laundry room where you can wash your own clothes or they will wash them. They have a media room, a crafts room, and a small physical therapy room. They have two outdoor enclosed areas. They have two dining rooms. They have transportation that will take you to and from shopping and doctor's visits. I like it because it was close to me, so I could visit really easy. I thought the living environment was super, I wouldn't mind going there myself. Everybody was very friendly and open. I would recommend this community to others.

Carolyn37 March 27, 2014

I needed to get Mom a little bit closer to me, so I transferred her to Balmoral Assisted Living, but I didn?t like it. When I moved her over here, it was owned by somebody else, and Holiday Retirement bought it out. When they did take over, they started to control their meal portions. Her room is OK, but her closet doors do not shut because the closet is so small. The staff is great, but the corporate rule is not that good. I know that they have bingo, and I know that they have people who come in and dance or sing. As far as the facility goes, the food would be the number one thing they need to improve on. Number two: it should be more about the resident and not more about the dollars for the company.

Pat35 October 09, 2013

I did visit Balmoral Assisted Living but I realized that I'm a bit too young for this type of facility. It looked boring to me. The facility was quite beautiful. The young lady who I spent two hours with was wonderful, cheerful, and nice. She was just terrific. During my visit, they hinted that they had some younger residents but I didn't see anyone under 80. They also made a special exception for me to bring my cats. However, their rooms were just ridiculous. The one they showed me was only 140-square feet and to live in it for the rest of your life with four cats. It's just not going to happen.

Shanesgurl1987 June 24, 2011

Upon my visits to this facility I was treated like family. I was take to he patients room. I phoned down to the front desk to request help to get the patient up as she was not feeling well, the staff arrived in the room within two minutes. Then we proceeded to get her out of bed. Two hours before lunch one of the kitchen staff was at the door asking the patient and myself want we would like for lunch. We had lunch in one of the gardens, lunch was delicious, yet healthy. This facility was up to date and very tidy.

From Balmoral Assisted Living

At Balmoral Assisted Living, we take great pride in ensuring the well-being of our residents. With 24-hour staffing, three meals a day, housekeeping and linen services, and daily social and recreational activities, seniors can fully enjoy their retirement knowing that we've got everything covered. We understand that seniors have various needs and we aim to provide them with exactly what they need, when they need it. Whether you need transportation to and from local appointments, personal assistance or medication management, our staff is here to assist you throughout the day. Balmoral Assisted Living provides seniors with a quiet, safe and life enriching environment in the residential town of Lake Placid, FL, a town known for its art, caladium plants and lakes.

*Rates listed are based on single occupancy.

Features of Balmoral Assisted Living