93 Balmoral Dr, Lake Placid, FL, 33852

Overview of Ratings

4.1

June 12, 2015

By Janice104637650

Balmoral was very nice. The food was excellent. The staff was very friendly. The rooms that we looked at had kitchenettes, a sink, a microwave, and a fridge in them, which was important to us. They had shopping trips and activities. I liked the friendliness of the place.

November 28, 2014

I liked Balmoral, and it is on my list for assisted living when I get stronger. It was a friendly community; the people there were friendly. The staff was professional and courteous, and the residents that I spoke to appeared pretty happy. They provide laundry services and everything else. This is actually the one that I am probably going to be able to afford. Their rates are a lot lower, and they don't hit you with extra add-ons.

August 31, 2014

I had visited Balmoral Assisted Living several times. I knew several people there, and it was very nice. The staff was very nice and helpful. The rooms were very nice. I ate there, and the food was very good. The dining area was very roomy and spacious. I was very satisfied with their activities.

August 28, 2014

By Bren2

We chose Balmoral Assisted Living because my daughter can have her little dog and she can keep her vehicle. My daughter has a lot of handicaps. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. Regarding accommodation, it was a very nice room. It was a little bit smaller than I wanted it to be, but it will be sufficient. Their dining room was very nice. Also they have a laundry room where you can wash your own clothes or they will wash them. They have a media room, a crafts room, and a small physical therapy room. They have two outdoor enclosed areas. They have two dining rooms. They have transportation that will take you to and from shopping and doctor's visits. I like it because it was close to me, so I could visit really easy. I thought the living environment was super, I wouldn't mind going there myself. Everybody was very friendly and open. I would recommend this community to others.

March 27, 2014

By Carolyn37

I needed to get Mom a little bit closer to me, so I transferred her to Balmoral Assisted Living, but I didn?t like it. When I moved her over here, it was owned by somebody else, and Holiday Retirement bought it out. When they did take over, they started to control their meal portions. Her room is OK, but her closet doors do not shut because the closet is so small. The staff is great, but the corporate rule is not that good. I know that they have bingo, and I know that they have people who come in and dance or sing. As far as the facility goes, the food would be the number one thing they need to improve on. Number two: it should be more about the resident and not more about the dollars for the company.

October 09, 2013

By Pat35

I did visit Balmoral Assisted Living but I realized that I'm a bit too young for this type of facility. It looked boring to me. The facility was quite beautiful. The young lady who I spent two hours with was wonderful, cheerful, and nice. She was just terrific. During my visit, they hinted that they had some younger residents but I didn't see anyone under 80. They also made a special exception for me to bring my cats. However, their rooms were just ridiculous. The one they showed me was only 140-square feet and to live in it for the rest of your life with four cats. It's just not going to happen.

June 24, 2011

By Shanesgurl1987

Upon my visits to this facility I was treated like family. I was take to he patients room. I phoned down to the front desk to request help to get the patient up as she was not feeling well, the staff arrived in the room within two minutes. Then we proceeded to get her out of bed. Two hours before lunch one of the kitchen staff was at the door asking the patient and myself want we would like for lunch. We had lunch in one of the gardens, lunch was delicious, yet healthy. This facility was up to date and very tidy.

Let Us Search For You

• Minimum Memory Cost: $2275/month

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

About Balmoral Assisted Living

Balmoral Assisted Living

Assisted Living and Memory Care That Will Make You Say WOW!

Welcome to assisted living that is designed for WOW! Surrounded by farms and Lake Huntley, Balmoral Assisted Living is a community that is both serene yet urban. Nearby is an active community with plentiful opportunities for shopping, dining, historic outings and fun excursions. Each day, residents live their life as they choose, with the care they desire when they need it.

With Balmoral Assisted Living, life is full of enriching activities, personalized care, and an engaging lifestyle. It’s an assisted living and memory care experience that gives residents the opportunity to live a truly exciting life. Come see why we’re making seniors say WOW!

Assisted Living at Balmoral

Experience what it means to live independently and enjoy the comfort and peace of mind knowing that assistance is available if and when it’s needed. Our residents are surrounded by a lifestyle that is rich in meaning, fun, and support, leaving them to simply relax and live full lives, while we ensure that help is never far away.

Memory Care at Balmoral

When our residents are impacted by Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia, we know that moments of joy can happen at any time. With our Montessori-based memory care program, Moments in Time, we celebrate those moments and meet our residents right where they are, combining compassionate and individualized care with bountiful opportunities for our residents to live life to the fullest.

What We Offer:

• Private apartments
    • Restaurant-style dining
    • Weekly housekeeping and linen service
    • Emergency response system
    • Complimentary scheduled transportation
    • Diverse activities program designed to enhance daily living
    • Medical appointment scheduling
    • Climate-controlled air conditioning and heating
    • Partially-covered courtyards
    • Community dining room overlooking palm trees
    • Supervision with activities of daily living
    • Game and activity rooms
    • And so much more!

At Balmoral Assisted Living, our residents have access to anything they need to live a full and engaging life.

Map of Balmoral Assisted Living