Danberry at Inverness

235 Inverness Center Drive, Hoover, AL, 35242

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Danberry at Inverness

February 11, 2015

The only placed I went was Danberry, and it was very nice. My parents were there, but they wanted to come home so they went home. However, it was a good experience. It was one of the nicest that I had ever been in. I liked the way the rooms were set up. I liked the staff. It didn't have the appearance of a nursing home/assisted living atmosphere. They had a lot of programs for the seniors to do. They had exercise, swimming, and card playing.

January 26, 2015

By Jackie31

Danberry at Inverness was a gorgeous facility. It was really classy. When you walk in, it was like you're walking into the Ritz Carlton, and then if you look over to your left, there was an indoor pool. It was a great place. They are always filled-up; there is hardly any vacancy. They have buses that will take the ladies to get their hair done or go to doctor's appointments, to Walmart, or just go shopping. These were all-included; the only catch was that it has to be within 30 miles, which was easy because most of the hospitals and doctor's offices were close by. If it was farther away, they would have to charge you probably like $15 extra. They get three meals a day, and if you were sick and you were in your room, you just call them and tell them downstairs that you don't feel good, and they will bring your meals to you. Everyday at 4:30, except Sunday, you can go down and mingle with the other residents and have a glass of wine and socialize.

August 29, 2014

Danberry At Inverness is a gorgeous facility. It's beautiful and clean, and the people there were nice, but they just weren't as warm and friendly. The only thing that kept me from choosing this place is that the only room they had available was smaller than what I wanted. I know they do have activities, but I really don’t know what they are because I was just there for an hour visit.

July 29, 2014

By Betty1

I like Danberry very much. I came to live here January this year. So far, I have no complaints. The staff is very courteous. They do their job very well too. I also find the place clean and well kept. Their food is excellent. I play bingo with the residents. They have a wonderful library which is a good thing because I love to read.

July 11, 2014

By Bob95773750

Danberry is only about five years old. So, everything is up-to-date, all electronics and all security things are brand new. The building is outstanding. The grounds are well kept and lovely. What I was noticing as I was going around was that they are staffed to do the job. In other words, there is a man in-charge of maintenance and he has a crew of people who get things done. They have a leader of the maid service and enough people to do their job. I go run around looking at the place just to see about dining and you can go back three weeks later, the same people are there. It is just organized. It looks to me to be a successful operation and it's hard to be successful. Some of the employees are not all that heavily paid. I use to have a bunch of stores in malls and it drove me nuts to try to keep everything going. So, I watch and I say: "This place was organized" The management that they have seem to be good. If you have a problem and you try to address yourself to it, they seem willing to try to hear what it is and see if there is a way to fix it and that's what it is all about. I've been here for two years and the main thing is the sense of community; the quality of staff and how they perform. If you have been active all your life and busy running stuff, then all of a sudden you are sitting here watching television, you just have to learn to adjust on how to be a senior citizen in a senior retirement home. I think these people seem to have an understanding of that and are earnestly trying to make your life pleasant. We play bridge and poker. We have some boxes built up out back where I have some tomatoes grow and I have some fresh tomatoes yesterday from my tomato plants. This place is aces!

June 26, 2014

By Charlotte17

The visit at Danberry was very good. They have an exercise facility that is in the building. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. Regarding the staff, everyone I saw was very nice.

May 11, 2014

By Debbie83872550

Danberry was five minutes from my brother. It was a fairly new and fully staffed facility. It was at full resident capacity. It was extremely well maintained and nice, and only $39 a month more for all inclusive services from what we were paying for in the facility mom was at. We felt like it was a better value. The staff was supremely fabulous. They had physical therapy staff. The rooms were more spacious than most, and they were equipped for people in wheelchairs and walkers. It was easy to navigate, so it was good. They had a couple of different dining rooms, and their main dining room operated like a restaurant, so you could order from a menu. I haven't eaten there, but my brother did, and he was happy. They had a heated indoor pool and a gym. They had a salon with beauticians, aestheticians, and manicurist. They had garden, trails, outdoor living, and a lot of nice amenities.

September 26, 2013

By jhyderx

We have a lot of friends at Danberry, but to me it was not as friendly. The outside is fine and they did have some nice amenities. But I did not see any direct outdoor access for my apartment.

June 26, 2013

By Emma7

I liked Danberry. The people there were very nice. The only reason why I didn't want to move there was because of the traffic.

February 28, 2012

By GS leader

I love this facility. I have visited here often with our GA girls group with the church. We visited at Christmas time to sing carols with the residents and during February for a Valentines visit as well as other times. I have also visited this facility with our girl scout troop to play games and entertain the residents with music. It is a lovely facility. The residents seem very happy and they are very social. All the rooms were unique, decorated by the residents. It was really sweet when husband and wives lived together. The residents shared pictures and drawing from their families. The residents entertained us just as much has we entertained them. The facility was also the cleanest facility that I have visited. It did not have that "smell" that is sometimes noticed in these type of facilities. It was also very spacious and the greeting and meeting areas were beautifully decorated like a 5 star hotel. I have visited many assisted living facilities and this is by far the one I would like to reside in, in my older years.

Photos of Danberry at Inverness

Features of Danberry at Inverness

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Kitchenettes Available

• Dining Extra: Multiple Dining Venues Available, Diabetic And Low Salt Options Available

• Coffee Shop
  • Hiking Trails
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Fitness Room/Gym, Bar, Ballroom, Theater, Creative Art Studios, Card And Billiard Rooms, Wellness Clinic, Bistro, Library

• Internet Enabled Rooms
  • Technology Extra: Mobile Call Pendant Monitored 24 Hours

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Classes

• Home Sale Assistance

• Licenses: Assisted Living License

About Danberry at Inverness

Danberry at Inverness is an assisted living facility in Hoover, AL that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Danberry at Inverness for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Danberry at Inverness