Brookdale Greenwood Village

6450 South Boston St., Greenwood Village, CO, 80111

Reviews of Brookdale Greenwood Village

Robb1 December 05, 2014

Heritage Club at Greenwood Village was excellent in every aspect. The doctors were great. The nursing staff were great and exceptional. They treated my father the way that I am hoping that he will be treated. They allowed him to leave for three hours at a time, and with permission, we could keep him out a little longer. It was a beautiful facility. There was a full rehab center. They have physical therapy. He was in his own individual room with individual bathroom. They have a very nice restaurant and wonderful food. They have spacious hallways and big community rooms. He did very well in that center, and when he came out, he was doing much better than when he went in.

Dan Dudley November 24, 2014

Very good staff. They actually care for my dad, and follow through on what they are suppose to be doing to care for him. We have been in three different facilities and this by far is the best experience we have ever had. I would recommend this facility for Assised Living, Dementia care and Skilled Nursing, and we have used all three here and speak form experience.

Becky20 August 29, 2014

When I talked to the residents and some staff at Heritage Club at Greenwood Village, they had been there for years and that was the main reason. For the most part, mom likes their food, but not always. She is not a real activity-kind of person, so they are respecting her wishes on that. She likes to go to the beauty shop and the church they have there. The place is really nice and she has a really nice apartment. They check on her when need be. They respond when I call. So far, so good. The bathroom can accommodate her needs with her walker. It has a nice little kitchenette area. She is able to decorate it how she wants to and she is able to fit in everything that she wants in there. She is on the third floor and it has a nice view. They are very friendly and responsive. They are concerned about my mom.

Caring86401750 June 19, 2014

The overall surroundings of Heritage Club at Greenwood are very nice. Their rooms are very nice too. They have quite a variety of things going on there. The staff were able to answer all of our questions, and they have a very attractive brochure.

JohnAnderson49 April 14, 2012

We visited this facility while looking for great nursing homes for my parents. From the first arrival we were impressed with the facilities. The location is ideal, in that it is close to our home, yet not in an urban setting. The dining room facilities are outstanding and very elegant. They have wonderful chandelers and very nice linens, unlike other locations that we had visited. Overall the atmosphere was extremely cozy and felt like a wonderful house rather than a sterile nursing home. They also have connections with a program for Alzheimer's which is a big plus for our family. The staff that we talked with were all extremely friendly and genuinely seemed to care and take an interest in our needs. We weren't overly impressed with their exercise programs, but they did seem to have plenty of activities that seemed entertaining. They did have a great secure environment, and we were told that they had staff available on a 24 hour program to help control the surroundings. Overall, we were impressed and this will definitely be on our finalists list.

An Eldercare LPN June 21, 2011

The location is not the best"”not close to public transportation, shops, or grocery stores.

If residents do go out, it can be very difficult for them to get back in after 5 pm; someone from the nearby nursing facility has to come and let them in"”and that can a real inconvenience.

There is no garden or outside area for residents to use"”and not much parking for family or other visitors. And the social and activity program is spare, so Heritage Club is not a good spot for those who don't have others to provide stimulation.

The food is adequate, but bland"”and there is little flexibility about when it's provided.

There is a van that takes people out once a week, but that's also used to take residents to doctor visits, so not always available for other needs"”and residents complain that even when they schedule the van in advance, it doesn't always arrive on time, so isn't really a dependable form of transportation. As a consequence, residents spend a lot of money on taxis.

There are also a few concerns about the quality of care. Residents have had to be admitted to the hospital for mediation errors. And as a nurse, when I have tried to get in touch with staff to ask for stats like urine output, I find they have very poor communication skills. While there seem to be plenty of people to assist with daily activities, such as moving about, there is only one nurse to assist with 37 residents"”and that nurse is overbooked.

A personal pet peeve with the place: No soap in public bathrooms"”but that can say a lot.

On the upside, rooms are very, very nice"”aesthetically pleasing, with the right amount of sunlight, very tasteful and comfortable. And in the common areas, although there is no outside space for residents to use, there are several nooks and crannies within the common area for visitors and residents.

The cost is from $4,000 to $7,000 per month. For that price, Heritage Club is supposed to be premiere care and housing, but it doesn't quite live up to the promise.

From Brookdale Greenwood Village

Brookdale Greenwood Village provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents at Brookdale Greenwood Village enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Location of Brookdale Greenwood Village