Merrill Gardens at Gilroy

7600 Isabella Way, Gilroy, CA, 95020

Reviews of Merrill Gardens at Gilroy

Soraya010865 August 18, 2016

I really liked Merrill Gardens at Gilroy and its people. It’s a brand-new place. I had the opportunity to have dinner there and see the residents. They have a lot of activities for the seniors.

We want to thank you for writing this positive review for Merrill Gardens. We have an active community so this is great feedback to receive.

K803563 August 16, 2016

We really liked Merill Gardens. It’s fantastic and fairly reasonable. The rooms are all of a wonderful size. The studio, which is the smallest, has room for a bed, TV, chair, and a large kitchen. You’re certainly getting a lot for the money.

We appreciate you taking the time to write this positive review! We love our community and we are so glad to hear this wonderful feedback.

Caringvisitor002145332 June 10, 2016

Merrill Gardens is very nice, neat, and clean. They have a transitioning unit. If you can cook, they have spaces for that, and if you are on the onset of dementia, they have a section for that, too. The pricing I was given was very good; however, I’m not sure if that’s going to be the right price. It’s right near where I live, and it could be a better fit for my mom.

We want to say thank you for posting this review for Merrill Gardens at Gilroy. We are proud to provide several options for residents and family members to meet different needs. Please contact us if you have any questions.

Kelly41 April 07, 2016

I like how open and clean Merrill Gardens at Gilroy was, and how amazing the staff was, too. The food was really good. The activity level that they offered was amazing, with both indoor and outdoor activities, like movie nights with movie-theater-type chairs and trips to hairdressers and Bonfante Gardens. They have a calendar up on the wall, and each day they have different activities, with certain things that you have to sign up for in advance. It's a great place. The tour itself was fantastic. They have transportation for everything. The only drawback was that the rooms were a little too small for my mother's liking.

Thank you so much for providing us with this wonderful feedback for Merrill Gardens at Gilroy! We take great pride in providing an active and inviting environment for residents so this review is wonderful to receive. Please don't hesitate to reach back out with any questions.

FRUSTRATED PROSPECTIVE CLIENT March 01, 2016

We walked in for a surprised tour of the carehome for my Dad. No one to welcome us and we have to walk around and look for someone. Finally spoke with a lady who was not only rushing us but not giving us the right answers!

We walked out! Forget it!

Thank you for taking the time to share this information with us. We are sorry to hear about this experience. We are sharing this information with the team to help ensure this situation does not happen again.

Family member13 February 23, 2016

We went to Merrill Gardens, and it was great. We’ve had the apartment for five months, but my family member has been in the hospital, so he hasn’t really moved in yet. His furniture is there, and he’s probably moving in sometime next week. They have a barber shop and a salon, an exercise room and exercise classes, a computer room, and really nice amenities, but they don’t have a spa.

Cindy M.1 February 10, 2016

Merrill Gardens at Gilroy was the first we visited. It was a nice facility, but it was way too big. I visited the memory care, and it was like they were in a rehab center. The people who gave us the tour talked down to the residents. They were treating them like babies, e.g., “You’re so cute.” We didn’t like it. I didn’t care for it. It did not have the family-feeling, basically. The room was just a small room. It was clean. You bring in your own stuff.

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with this feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. We take this feedback seriously and we will share it with our team as well. Please don’t hesitate to reach back out to us with any questions or further information.

Caring113469750 September 30, 2015

I liked Merrill Gardens at Gilroy better than the other one. It seemed more cheerful, homey, and cozy. I saw a couple of rooms, and one room that was occupied, and I was impressed with the ambience and the feel of it. The food was good also.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write us this positive review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed Merrill Gardens. Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions.

T. Palmer September 17, 2015

I had a good visit with Village Green (Merrill Gardens of Gilroy). They gave a very thorough tour. It was a very nice facility. It was my preference because it was closer to me. I liked what I saw. The problem was the availability. They gave preference to people who were already there to move in to the memory care unit, so the wait list was quite long. That was my only concern, but the facility itself was fine. They were very great. They were very gracious. I just hoped they had more availability because they had a good facility, and I really enjoyed the folks. I had nothing negative to say about them.

Louise22 September 16, 2015

He chose Merrill Gardens at Gilroy (Village Green of Gilroy). The staff is amazing. They are always receptive. The residents seemed fairly happy and engaged, which I love. The place itself is very nice. It is only 5 years old. It is like a great structure that is well built with windows everywhere. It is very comfortable. He has a studio, and it is very neat. They refurbished it for him before he moved in.

We appreciate you taking the time to write us this positive review! We are so pleased that your loved one is enjoying Merrill Gardens and our team. You can contact us at any time with questions or feedback.

Barbara110886050 August 22, 2015

Merrill Gardens at Gilroy(Village Green of Gilroy) is amazing. It is only 5 years old. Everything is purely clean and new. It has a lot of quality in terms of structure. The rooms are very nice. They have been very helpful. It seems like it is going to be very good.

We appreciate you taking the time to write us this glowing review. Thank you so much! Please don't hesitate to contact us directly if you need anything in the future.

Beth35 May 28, 2015

We chose Village Green for my mother because it is closest to my house. The staff was very nice, and helpful. I wish their rooms were a little bigger, but they were very nice, clean, pretty fixtures like granite and stuff. The room that is for my mom has a fountain outdoors and lots of greenery, lots of windows. They were watching a movie in the movie room when we went through.

Thank you for this 5-star review! We are pleased to hear that Merrill Gardens at Gilroy (formerly Village Green) has been a good environment for your mother. If you ever have questions or additional feedback, please contact us directly.

Caring102459250 April 18, 2015

Village Green of Gilroy is a very large place, but my friend has a nice one-bedroom apartment, she was able to get some of her furniture moved in, they have very good food, and she is happy with that. They provided her with a watch that she just pushes a button and someone will come to assist her. That's when she fell and broke her pelvis and was in an acute hospital for several weeks. She didn't qualify for Medicare by two days and couldn't do anything about it, so she went back to the assisted living facility with additional assistance, and so far they seem to be doing very well with her. We spent a good amount of time getting things arranged for her, but it worked out, and that is the important thing. The reason why I am a little bit hesitant is because they did not tell us in advance about all of the extra charges, and they assured her that she would have transportation to appointments -- well, she has it, but she has to pay for it. There was some miscommunication in terms of getting things set up for her. There are several other things that are questionable, but overall it is an excellent place. The atmosphere of the assisted living facility is wonderful; there is no question. Their food preparation is excellent. She has a very nice apartment, it is a very nice place, and they have lots and lots of activities.

We appreciate that you took the time to write us this review. We are glad to hear that your friend is enjoying Merrill Gardens. We would be happy to address any concerns regarding pricing or other details about various services. Please don’t hesitate to contact us directly if you are willing to share additional feedback.

Leslie35 October 25, 2014

My sister and brother found Village Green of Gilroy, and I was impressed. It’s very clean, welcoming, and it seems very well organized. My mother is getting the level of assistance she needs right now which is fairly minimal. There is a large dining facility that has very tasty food and accommodates a lot of people. She is in an assisted living, one bedroom apartment, which is very comfortable, has a nice view, and its handicapped accessible. The food is well-prepared and looks appealing. There are accommodations made for diet; you can tell because it’s mildly spiced. The staff was very friendly and attentive; I think we have a little bit of trouble at first with her getting the level of service she needed and the attention she needed, but once she sorted that they have been very good.

daughterobetty January 20, 2014

The only complaint I have - and it is a big one - is that we specifically asked if there was internet access geared to seniors.... a computer interface that is easy to use. There is not. The computers available and their interface are almost unusable event to me - who works on computers all the time. In this day and age this is ridiculous and isolating for my mother. And.. they clearly promise something they do not provide.

David35 August 01, 2013

At the time we visited Village Green of Gilroy, we didn't know what level of care we needed and they offered everything. The grounds were all secured and gated but wide enough for the people to walk around. They had medical personnel and staff as well as physical therapy. They had their own rooms. The food looked okay. They also had activities for the people to participate in like chair exercises and water aerobics. I liked the facility because it was clean and it smelled good. I would recommend it to others, if they had the money.

commercesd June 14, 2012

While in the area, we made a stop at the Village Green assisted living facility. Even though we didn't have an appointment, the staff was friendly and accommodating. The spacious grounds were well kept.

We liked the way the main area was decorated with fresh flowers. We got to see the diverse staff and residents which seemed to include people at various levels of care. No one was separated out the staff simply attended to those who needed it more. This was nice so that they could all fraternize easily. We noticed that at some places, there could be a tendency to separate people according to their physical ability.

The staff pointed out that residents are regularly invited to participate in everything there is to offer from outings to indoor games, films and reading groups. Staff seemed to be willing to accommodate any resident need.

The nicely appointed private spaces were all fresh and seemed newly decorated. Indoor areas were all homey. Most of the seniors seemed very active which will suit our aunt well.

There was a variety of types of food available for example, meal choices ranged from a complete meal to snacks or lighter fare, for those who wanted it. Every dietary concern seemed to be well addressed. We were offered some snacks to try which were very good: fresh vegetables with a dip, some fruit and hard boiled eggs. Every effort is made to ensure that all residents are taken care of nutritionally.

The facility encourages family members to visit regularly and participate in some of the annual activities, such as barbeques and holiday parties.

We really liked this facility and would recommend that anyone interested check it out.

Caring466732 January 13, 2012

In my opinion I feel Village Greens of Gilroy is one of the nicer facilities in the Gilroy area. Truly any nature oriented or country person would love to live in a facility like this. I find walking as an outdoor benefit for seniors a huge bonus so I really enjoyed the nature path right behind the facility. It is a bit more peaceful than walking down a noisy street and also to take a leisurely stroll through their independent living neighborhood is pleasant as well. I thought the surrounding mountains are really very pretty to look at especially at sunset and if you like to golf well there is a course right down the street, Eagle Ridge. We like to golf so to have this amenity close when going to visit residents was a huge bonus. When I was inside the one bedroom unit I felt it was nice, modern, but a bit small. The amenities inside the unit were clean and the layout was good but you cannot bring too much of your previous home with you. Due to the size of the one bedrooms company of more than 3 feels a bit squished in there. The independent living units are a nice size. The 2 bedroom upstairs/downstairs units felt very home like. The neighborhood feel with this independent living didn't feel as if you were even in an assisted living facility environment. There is a little front yard and a tiny backyard. They do have garages, which is great for those who downsized but need the extra storage space. The activities provided by the activities department were very well organized. They have activities and entertainment all year long but in the summertime they have a few weeks where they bring in entertainment and food for the residents and their family or friends. I got a laugh to see the female residents swoon with the Dean Martin imitator. They have music and dancing which it is always awesome to see the residents participate in. It was great to see family members come and spend the day with relatives in this manner. The food was very good, and always plentiful. The staff is very kind, respectful, helpful and caring. They have a large activity room and a computer for their residents to use. There is a security gate so there is added safety. We found the parking is ample. The location is a bit off the freeway, but again I would say this facility would be for someone who likes the country life. There is shopping and restaurants within driving distance for seniors. The one thing you may want to keep an eye out for is that is does get hotter in Gilroy than in the bay area and the summer months can be tough.

From Merrill Gardens at Gilroy

Merrill Gardens at Gilroy is located 39 miles from Monterey Bay and 33 from San Jose. Our apartment-style community offers all of the amenities of a home without the work. Imagine a life without household chores, yard work or home maintenance. Invite guests to a meal, special event or social outing. With our on-site Active Living Director, scheduled transportation and Anytime Dining program - there are opportunities to make new friends or entertain old ones right outside your front door. Welcome to Merrill Gardens at Gilroy, a one of a kind retirement community.

Merrill Gardens at Gilroy offers independent living, assisted living, Alzheimer's and dementia care, and respite care.

On a 5 acre tract near downtown Gilroy. High level of services (diabetic management & injections). Library. Living rooms & meeting areas. Garage parking for residents. Complimentary internet access. Views of undeveloped hillside. Raised beds in courtyard area for gardeners. Landscaped grounds & courtyard. Most apartments have full kitchens.

Features of Merrill Gardens at Gilroy