Basecost

Availability

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Brookdale Club Hill

Brookdale Club Hill provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Located on 16 acres with 3 large duck ponds. Beautifully landscaped with individual club house and annex for events.

Reviews of Brookdale Club Hill

Posted by Caring109536550 April 18, 2015

I am in the process of moving mom at Brookdale Club Hill. This place is socially active for lonely elders. The food is excellent, and the ground is magnificent. It is a 27-year-old facility, so the trees are all great. The property is kept up. It is a beautiful little facility, and I think she will be happy here for many years.

Posted by Carolyn99208850 December 26, 2014

It has been wonderful for me being at Chambrel. We have been running into the people visiting with them. That is like air to me. I am pleased with this place, but there is no way any human place is totally perfect, but I feel "full" like I'm living my life; it is just in a different place. We are free to move about. They do have a safety button, there are two in this apartment, and we report in everyday so that they know they have heard from us or they'll come. I'm very pleased because they have been responsive to any requests that I made. Everything is painted beautifully and is clean as a pin. Food is pretty good. They would deliver it. All in all, it has been going well. They have all kinds of activities going on all the time. They have a whole building, and we can go in there and makes things -- i.e., they have hobbies, card games, dominoes, bingos, and bridge. They take bus trips to places. It has been wonderful. I would just have to say I'm grateful to be here. I have a wonderful apartment. I just love it. It is very homey and very cozy. I just couldn't be more pleased. Everything is kept very clean. The buildings are spotless at all times. It is beautiful. They have living rooms in every building, and they have an organ in there in each one, and they have TV. It is a great gathering place.

Posted by Charlotte20 December 26, 2014
3.0

Everything is doing fine at Brookdale Club Hill. We just have elevator problems, and they're getting that corrected. I have leg and back problems, so it's hard for me to get up or down. They try to accommodate everybody, and they have to bring the food up to the floors. We have an area where we have sing-alongs, and people get together on our floor. They put tables up here for us to eat at right now. I suggest to keep the elevators running. That's our main concern over here. The services are great, and they really want us to be one happy family here. The help here is really good. There is a good rapport between the nurse's aides and the therapists. They want everybody to be content and happy. In my case, I don't make $5000 a month, so I can't pay that much if I rent here by myself.

Posted by Caring97562850 December 03, 2014
4.0

I was familiar with Brookdale Club Hill as I grew up close to where it was located. I didn’t have much interaction with a lot of the staff -- just the sales director -- but he was very knowledgeable and helpful. The rooms were spacious with nice views from the balcony. I was not able to eat there, but my father did, and he enjoyed the food. They do have games for the residents and a craft room. They also go out on outings.

Posted by Caring87860650 October 03, 2014
3.0

My impression after I visited Chambrel at Club Hill was very good. The representative that took me on a tour in the facility was knowledgable and personable. The staff was very agreeable and welcoming too. I enjoyed the setting especially the room setting which was very pleasant. It was really beautiful. However, I felt like it might not be appropriate for my mom because she is less mobile and is not willing to walk independently. Because of our reservations about her mobility, I felt like that might not be the best setting for my mom. I think it would be an excellent experience for someone who is stronger physically and enjoys the walk to and from the various buildings. They did have a physical therapy center though which allowed outpatient activities. I really wanted my mom to get involved with that. We didn't see the place as a potential place for her in the future. Consequently, we decided not to go ahead and pursue it at that time.

Posted by Sue46 July 29, 2014
4.0

Chambrel at Club Hill is a nice place. My mother likes it. The staff had been wonderful. She gets a lot of help, and they all seem very sweet. We don't have any problems. Her room is kind of small, but it is enough room for her. I have seen on their schedule that they do have some exercise classes. She likes the food and the choices. They give them choices and it seems to be a good variety. And, she loves the desserts, so I have not heard any complaints about the food.

Posted by Lynn30 May 30, 2014

My father-in-law is at Chambrel at Club Hill. We chose it for him for its location and the facility itself: the amenities, the size of the unit that he is able to stay in, what they offered, and how beautiful the estate was. The rooms are big. They have a kitchen, two bedrooms, living and dining area. This is definitely the best of all that we looked at.

Posted by Gail15 December 02, 2013

Chambrel was really cool and I liked it a lot. It was very unique and elegant. It was also very affordable. For only $1,700 you could stay there and you could eat all those free food. They had balcony. They had a swimming pool. They had a bar and a party room. It was not like anything that I had seen before. They had individual apartment with one bedroom, one bathroom, one living room and one kitchen. They could cook in it. It was like a real apartment. You could also eat in their main dining room, which was gorgeous. However, it was independent living and most of the assisted living were taken out by the people who started at the independent living. So, it was hard to come in from the outside to the assisted living because you had to start out as an independent living person. It wasn't also not a good fit for my mother because everything was far from the main dining hall.

Posted by Jaynie1 December 01, 2013

I went with my sister to look at Chambrel. It's beautiful and we both loved it. It was clean as a whistle and she and I are both pretty particular about things. The staff seemed to be very nice and the rooms are very good size. We were looking at a 2-bedroom, 2 baths. Her main thing now is since she fell, she needs a walk-in shower and they're hard to find. It was really very nice.

Posted by Caring22679750 November 27, 2013

My father is in Chambrel at Club Hill. This place is like literally 5 minutes down the road for me, so it is much more convenient. He moved in there last Saturday. A lot of the reasons why we chose this place was just the convenience of this place to where I like but I also like the surrounding around it. The grounds are just wooded area and they have a little pond there. I also like the people and everything. Everything is clean. The apartments are really nice. They're very accommodating and very nice. The staff has been very friendly and very helpful. It's early yet but I'm hoping that continues to be the case, but so far so good. I did taste their food last Sunday and it was pretty good.

Posted by Sherrill1 November 22, 2013

My father-in-law really likes Chambrel Club Hill. He heard about it and wanted to check it out so we visited this place. It is in the area not too far from where he lives right now in Garland. It was a very nice facility. There was a creek there that runs through the area and there were also lots of shades, which was really nice. This facility is also wheelchair accessible and that's really nice as well because my father-in-law is in a wheelchair. Regarding accommodations, unfortunately, they didn't have an apartment where my father-in-law could take his little dog with him. However, they did have apartments which were already furnished with a refrigerator and a stove. They're not that big though.

What I like best about this facility is the fact that they will actually check on you and make sure that you're taking your pills and that they have a 24-hour emergency response where you can hit a button there in your apartment. And plus the fact that the cafeteria was a very nice place where you can sit and socialize. It would be perfect for my father-in-law. It was Sunday when we visited and we didn't call for an appointment, but a lady there helped us. She even invited us for brunch. They had a fabulous setup where you can have lunch or breakfast. They had all kinds of nice foods and they're very good. The staff was very nice. They went out of their way being nice to my father-in-law. They even have some girls that offered to walk with him and go into the cafeteria. That surprised me. Everybody was just very nice. They have activities set up for their residents. There was something everyday for them to go to. They have dominoes, bingo, scrabble, line dance class, exercise class, jewelry making class, etc. They have Bible studies and worship service on Sundays. Also they would take you out shopping.

Posted by Caring74158150 November 20, 2013
4.0

Everybody at Chambrel was nice. However, she didn't know anyone there and she had to walk outside from the room to go to the entertainment and dinner. But the rooms were really nice. It thought it was spacious and well maintained. They had plenty of things to do there. I was able to talk to only one lady and she's nice.

Posted by CaringBF July 31, 2013

We visited Chambrel and the place was very nice. It was pretty big. They showed us one apartment and it was nice. It had all the things you wanted, the basic things and that's it. I did see the dining room and it was very nice. You can order anything on their menu. They also have a little store where you can buy foods, like milk, that you can bring back to your apartment. They also have different games for their residents. They have a little bus that takes you shopping or to your doctors.

Posted by Sarah16 July 25, 2013

Chambrel at Club Hill have both independent and assisted living options. It was a very nice facility. The rooms were very nice and most of them were updated. They were of good size and good square footage. They have wonderful staff and wonderful food. They also have many activities for residents to do.

Posted by Carol29 April 30, 2013

My mother is very happily associated with Chambrel at Club Hill. We chose this facility primarily because of the atmosphere and affordability. She has a one-bedroom apartment that is spacious, acceptable, and fits her needs. I'd eaten there with her when she first went in and she said it was like a five-star restaurant. She's an active senior and they've got a lot of activities that she participates in like she goes to the gym and attends Bible studies.

Posted by Joyce11 April 24, 2013

I went to Chambrel at Club Hill and I really enjoyed my visit. The staff were cordial and they showed me around the facility. It was very beautiful but it was a little expensive for me.

Posted by Paradised at Chambrel July 23, 2012
3.0

First and foremost, I liked my visit to Chambrel. They are well organized and keep the place nice and clean. However, I noticed a couple of flaws in the facility such as dents in the walls etc. This is not a huge problem, but it would be nice to get flaws like that taken care of. Secondly, from what I seen from the staff, they were great. They were very energetic and more than happy to assist anyone who needed to be assisted. They answered all of our questions accurately and with no hesitation. If i had to give them a grade, i would give them an A. Lastly, the amenities were flawless. They really increased the attractiveness and value of this place; this looks like a very comfortable place. All in all, I would say that Chambrel is a wonderful place for and elderly person in need of assisted living.

Smileside.jpg
Posted by commercesd June 03, 2012

The Chambrel at Club Hill assisted living facility looked really well-kept from the outside as we drove up. My brother's friend has many family members in Texas, so this would be convenient for many of them to visit.

We especially liked the park-like atmosphere of the grounds. The main foyer had a lovely receiving area, with the warmth of a quaint country bed and breakfast.

The communal areas all had interesting activities occurring, from reading to games, billiards and an arts and crafts studio.

Events and outings scheduled include anything you can imagine - from restaurants, to art museums, the library, to local films and crafts, fine dining and theater. They also host monthly birthday parties for residents at the facility which they encourage friends and family to attend.

The private living suites were all a nice size and did not seem cramped. They were also beautifully decorated and well equipped.

There are many perks to living in this facility. They have a general store and salon - as well as the ability to provide guest accommodations.

The dining areas have many options. From more intimate to communal dining, resident can choose whatever they like - in addition to hosting guests in their own spaces. The food choices looked nutritious and delicious, as well as the regular snacks - offered continually.

The outdoor swimming pool provides a nice and refreshing respite, in addition to a great way to get exercise, as it can be used year-round.

This is a lovely facility with caring and attentive staff. All of the resident's needs appear to be met easily and efficiently, in a caring and friendly way. It was clear that anyone would enjoy living here.

227686 1692930210134 1444167435 31318232 329330 a.jpg
Posted by Michael F. September 30, 2011

I admired this facility for more than one reason... Not only was the facility well-kept and clean, but assistance from the staff is designed to help the elderly rehabilitate so that they are able to do their daily routine again on their own.

They provide assistance to the elderly when needed - but also design that assistance around rehabilitation - giving the client a sense of freedom and accomplishment.

The clients seemed very happy and content with their facility as well; which is what matters the most.

Chambrell is also very close to the lake, less than a 5-minute drive - which gives an excellent view and something enjoyable to do when family members visit the clients.

Location of Brookdale Club Hill

Features of Brookdale Club Hill

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Skilled nursing

• Spanish

• General store
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Lowest monthly rate: 2,670
  • Highest monthly rate: 4,300
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: Assisted Living

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Get Details