Sunrise of West Essex

47 Greenbrook, Fairfield, NJ, 07004

Reviews of Sunrise of West Essex

mommy223 September 01, 2013

Sunrise at West Essex by far sets the standard for senior care. When I walked in I was great by almost every employee. My Mom looked great all the time, and they took great care of her. I recommend Sunrise to all my friends.

NJhamster September 01, 2013

I feel at ease with my aunt there.

May0389 August 27, 2013

We chose Sunrise of West Essex for my mother-in-law because I was a local in the area and it had a nice feel to it. The atmosphere had a nice homey feeling and there were a lot of activities. They took care of the residents. It was an all-around nice place compared to the others. I would recommend this facility though it was a little expensive.

rosie2 October 12, 2012

Workers are attentive. However, I would ask how many are available from the 10 p.m. shift to 6 a.m. In other words, how long does it take for someone to respond to a pull cord during those times. Also, I read where someone said there are snacks out. There used to be fruit as apples and bananas. This is no longer the case and instead there are packaged saltines and graham crackers. The food is about equal to hospital food, and could be healthier. There are things to do to socialize but the resident must have the capacity to join as in bingo, discussion groups etc. About once a month there is a music program. Individually the workers I found caring...agaIn these are the ones during the day when I visit. There have been problems at this facility during times when there are power outages. This may be unavoidable but there is emergency lighting only in halls at that time. Perhaps someone could question them about a generator. The composition of the residents is mixed and probably leans more to needing more assistance because of the alzheimer unit in another part of the residence. In other words, people stay in assisted living till they need the other wing.

niteb4xmas492 April 26, 2012

I felt uncomfortable at times because most of the patients have dementia or Alzheimers so it was hard to handle this. The staff did not pay much attention to me they were more focused on the patients and doing their job. With these residents I would play board games and take them for walks around the area. Most of these people were not allowed to leave at all, unless they were attended. Also, the food was horrible, and they knew this. They had no other choice of food,

Columba February 26, 2012

From what I've observed, the Facility shows little or no interest in residents. From what I've found, they charge for every little thing and it winds up costing a fortune to have a loved one there!!!

We take your comment very seriously as the safety and well-being of our residents if our top priority. Please contact Information@SunriseSeniorLiving.com with further details. Thanks, The Sunrise Team

gabbi one January 07, 2012

Don't expect total attention for your loved one as they tell you... There is lack of communication. They charge for every little thing..

SlyJacqu June 22, 2011

Sunrise at West Essex was the nicest of all assisted living homes that I have visited. The staff was extremely friendly when giving me a tour. The residents were all dressed neatly and appeared to be happy and enjoying the company of others around them. There is a dog living in the assisted living facility which also helps give a home feel to the place. For meals the food looked and smelled delicious. Sunrise at West Essex sets the standard that all other assisted living facilites should try and duplicate.

purpledolphin May 10, 2011

Visited this facility

Sunrise at West Essex looks more like a gracious old Victorian home than a senior care facility. I loved the big front porch area, friendly cats, classic furnishings and the personal vintage photos of the residents when they were younger. The staff seemed genuinely warm and caring - I noticed how often staff members would put an arm around a resident or a hand on a resident's shoulder.

The residents looked happy and well cared for. Although they were not all in good health, everyone was dressed nicely and had their hair styled neatly. Little cakes, cookies and coffee were being served in the bistro area, where it seems snacks are always available. Fresh fruit, crackers and raisins were on the counter for whoever might get hungry.

This place has lots for the residents to do! They have shopping trips, exercise and live entertainment, as well as a nice selection of books and movies.

From Sunrise of West Essex

Step into a Sunrise Senior Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or cat.

Services & Amenities at Sunrise at West Essex

Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:

• Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
  • Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
  • Trained staff available 24 hours a day
  • Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
  • Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
  • Weekly personal laundry
  • Social and educational programs for families
  • Scheduled resident and family meetings
  • Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
  • Maintenance of building and grounds

For more information on the services and amenities available for the care level you are seeking, please give us a call or stop by the community.

Highest levels of care in the industry both in assisted living and Reminiscence (Memory Care). Most of our care staff has been there for many years. We have no turnover. Nurse on staff is there 15 years. All department heads are company are One on One Trainers for any new staff in the company. Located on a beautiful suburban street in Fairfield. We have a lovely walking path and large outdoor and indoor wrap around porch and courtyard.

Features of Sunrise of West Essex

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• General store
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: 5 to 1

• Licenses: Assisted Living

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Sunrise of West Essex