Park Regency Thornton

12610 Hudson Street, Denver, CO, 80241

Reviews of Park Regency Thornton

Look_to_the_future August 22, 2016

Level of care Good, but Under staffed. Issues and concerns not handled in an appropriate manner. Facility is new but has maintenance problems which have not been addressed fully. The nursing staff is good but way under staffed. Employee turn over is high, Park Regency Thornton can't seem to hold on to their employees. I don't know the cause behind that, could be management or poor salary. I just visited their web site and saw that they don't have an administering nurse on duty. I don't have relatives living there but I do have friends and neighbors that do. I would love to have my elderly in-laws live there because it's so close to home, but I don't think Park Regency Thornton is ready to care for them as needed.

SharonQBVXN June 10, 2016

I visited Park Regency's memory care. What discouraged me from their location was that people can use wheelchairs or electric wheelchairs, but they have to be able to get up out of bed by themselves and walk across the room. They don't do any two-handed lifting in this facility at all, so if you’re in a situation where you need that kind of help, they’re not the facility to go to. The community was very clean, new, and very nice. To me, they specialize more in assisted living with meals. This is the place we really wanted to put my loved one into because of the location, and it is a new facility, but it doesn’t meet with what we needed for her care. The staff was very sweet and very nice. I liked them. The facility was really, really nice. They had a very large, clean dining area with reasonable serving hours.

Denise8 December 30, 2015

Park Regency offers a secure, clean, happy environment. They consider everyone family, and really care for the people who live there. Have daily activities that the residents can participate in if they want. Provide 3 meals a day, all hot and delicious. Take the time to discuss any issues with family members, I know if something is not working right that I can just stop in and/or call and get some answers, and things are resolved immediately.

Linda T.1 December 29, 2015

Park Regency’s pricing was good. It is located in an area close to family and our doctors that he is already used to go into. They have a lot of activities during the day to keep them occupied. They do housekeeping, too.

Caring112790450 August 31, 2015

Park Regency Thornton is a newer facility and very nice too. It had lots of activities. The residents that I saw seemed very happy living there. They had a lot of social activities. The dining room is beautiful. Everything was very modern and new.

Caring106042050 May 05, 2015

I have my mom at Park Regency, and we are happy with it. It is wonderful. The staff has been awesome. I have been very impressed. My mom is doing great there, and I think it is a great place.

Caring40999150 June 30, 2014

My sister is at Park Regency right now. The facility itself is exceptional. I think the food is very good. They have many activities, from painting to bracelet making to flower pots and planting herbs. They have TV nights, popcorn, and parties. Their activity director is exceptional. They even opened a beauty salon in there. They also have a little general store where the residents can purchase supplies. However, I am having issues right now because, apparently, they say that she has put her hands on three residents, trying to help them. She was a Denver sheriff for 32 years and she tries to be helpful, but she has dementia now, so when you tell her she cannot touch anybody, she doesn't remember it. So they tell me that they are not sure if she can stay there. I am very clear with the administrator and the marketing director, as well as the nursing, in explaining to them her situation. They assure me that they are the right facility, and even though they cost significantly more than some of the others, I placed her there because I want what is best for her. I am trying to make her comfortable for as long as I can and for as long as she can remember. I tell them if there is a problem with the residents or if my sister is doing that, it will be helpful if one of them assists her at breakfast, lunch, or dinner and just walks her to the elevator so she doesn’t come into contact with anybody. I am supposed to meet with them tomorrow to find out what their decision is. I am just concerned about why they can't handle something that seems to be minor. It seems like an easy solution to separate her from the person she has a problem with. I think the staff should perhaps be more in touch with some of the residents' needs. I think if they notice that there is a pattern of behavior, a staff member can come in and refocus them on something else.

About Park Regency Thornton

Park Regency Thornton is an assisted living facility in Denver, CO that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Park Regency Thornton for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Park Regency Thornton