Peregrine Senior Living at Cheektowaga

575 Cayuga Creek Road, Cheektowaga, NY, 14227

Reviews of Peregrine Senior Living at Cheektowaga

April 23, 2016

By clack45

Sara, the administrator is beyond rude. She is the reason we took our family member out of the facility. She was very short with us regarding our concerns and the staff also were not happy with her at all, yet she stresses the staff respect the residents and their families. If she wasn't working there a lot of staff members (actually all that we had spoken too..) would be a LOT happier. She shouldn't be working in this field AT ALL. Sincerely- a concerned family member

April 22, 2016

By aaaaaa45233453254

This place is all about making money, once they get your loved one in the don't follow through on their promises. Ever increasing charges because what are you going to do move your loved one. They know that's not practical for most elderly people especially those on a fixed income. They screw up medication..yup MEDICATIONS! They have a revolving staff because they can't keep any quality workers there. The new management is to blame for that, it used to be a decent place. Also the food is terrible, my loved one can't even eat it about 25% of the time. For ~$3700.00 a month you'd think they could serve a decent meal. Any requests my loved one has gets only lip service, they have meetings for the residents to discuss problems but nothing is ever done, month after month. The management is cold and uncaring, all business and no compassion for the people they serve. I don't think they have an elderly parent.

November 14, 2015

By Buffalogirl

My family member lived here for a year and the care received deteriorated over that time. I was not informed of changes in my relative's condition promptly although I was health proxy. A room change was promised but when a more suitable room became available the appropriate room change was not made. My relative was found unkempt and unfed by visitors at the end of his life. I regret that I ever visited this facility and placed my relative there.

July 22, 2014

Peregrine's Landing at Cheektowaga was my second favorite facility. The facility is very large, but the bigger portion of it is strictly assisted living. They have this separate section, which is the memory care, and they specialize in memory care. They have a very, very large kitchen, sitting room, and TV room kind of gathering place. They had a lot of activities specific for people with dementia. They also have different activities for their memory care patients.

April 12, 2014

By Bonnie28

Peregrine's Landing was way out of our price range, but it was a very nice, very charming place, very lovely. They had suites, and they had studio apartments, which weren't at all what we wanted. I would have loved to have Mom there, but it wouldn't have worked. She was already in her own apartment but afraid to be alone, and I think that she needed more of a smaller area. They were very diverse. They had a very active coordinator. They had cocktail hours, pumpkin patches. They would take them on day trips everywhere. They would sign up for all different things. The staff was very nice, very accommodating.

December 05, 2013

By hannah2193

Throughout the years I have visited several friends at Peregrines landing. Each time I was there the staff were always so kind and welcoming. I remember one specific encounter I had with a staff member-she was so warm and helpful I remembered thinking that Peregrines Landing is where I will want to place my father when the time comes!

July 30, 2013

By evansla74

Peregrine's Landing is a wonderful community for my mom. She has been a resident for several years. She enjoys the caring staff, every person from the servers in the dining room to the aides assisting her with her showers treats her with dignity and respect, the personalized meals (she is very fussy), and all of the wonderful programs and activities. She is able to listen to weekly musical entertainment, frequently goes out to lunch, and participated in all of the religious services. The best feeling I have is knowing we made a great decision when moving mom out of the house she had been living in, into the home she now has at Peregrine's Landing. Also, my mom is usually one of the lady's sitting on the front porch and welcomes every visitor into the building!

June 07, 2013

By Patricia16

Peregrine's Landing was nice and clean but it was really for the very elderly. They were sitting on the porch and not saying anything so I was afraid they'll throw me out because I am a very talkative person.

June 06, 2012

By trillion5057

Lousey...extremely bad food, for one. Seniors that live there complain amongst themselves about the quality of food. Servers are snarly and curt. Cleaning is sporatic at best. Activities are boring...just because they are seniors doesn't mean that they shouldn't have stimulating activities both inside and outside of the building.

Photos of Peregrine Senior Living at Cheektowaga

Services & Amenities of Peregrine Senior Living at Cheektowaga

• General Store
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class, Happy Hour

• Licenses: Enriched Housing Program

About Peregrine Senior Living at Cheektowaga

Peregrine Senior Living at Cheektowaga is a beautiful, newly constructed enriched housing community conveniently located in the heart of Cheektowaga in Western New York. You will feel instantly at home in our bright and airy apartments as you experience the best in senior living. At Peregrine Senior Living, every day you will be greeted by members of our friendly, caring staff who will offer freshly prepared, restaurant-style meals in our elegant dining room. Participate in exciting, fulfilling daily activities. Or, visit our country store for ice-cream with friends and family, enjoy a quiet evening in our stately library, stroll in the enchanting courtyard or have fun during happy hours in our cheerful porch, luxurious living rooms or bar-style pool room. If you desire, everything from supervision of medications to personal assistance with activities of daily living such as grooming and bathing are available. Peregrine’s Landing offers its residents the reassurance that someone is there to help them, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Peregrine’s Landing offers long and short-term stays. Let us provide the service and care you need. At Peregrine Senior Living, welcome home!

This Peregrine's community specializes in memory care for dementia related illness and recreational programs which include the official PACE (People with Arthritis Can Exercise) for adults who are active and health conscious.

Map of Peregrine Senior Living at Cheektowaga