Keystone Cedars

6325 Rockwell Dr NE, Cedar Rapids, IA, 52402

Reviews of Keystone Cedars

Joy Brecht February 21, 2015

There is not enough room here to write about how fantastic "Cedar" is. I have nothing but praise for the staff and the care my dad got when he lived there. He loved his apartment and everyone there. Need assisted living for a loved one? Keystone Cedars is the place.

Thank you Joy, for allowing us to care for your dad at Keystone. We value your caring words!

Mary S. Ernst February 17, 2015

Moving my mother to an assisted facility was difficult for me. Now I know it was the best move. Cedars is inviting, well run, and friendly. Residents are a top priority for all staff. Wonderful care, great meals, varied activities and services.

We appreciated you taking time to share your experience with others, and thank you for letting us care for your mom!

RICHARD MILLS, son of former resident February 05, 2015

When it became necessary for my mother to live in an assisted living facility, the idea was met with resistance and negativity. However, the country-like view from her room, the decor of the facility, the friendliness of the other residents, and the personal caring of the staff had her calling Keystone Cedars "home" within a short time. We experienced peace of mind, knowing she was in a physically safe environment that provided many opportunities and experiences that enriched her life. We are so grateful for the high level of competence in management and medical personnel. On a personal note, we have appreciated the availability of a guest room when we visited from out of state.

Thank you for your kind words! We are so glad we were able to help your mom feel at home!

Margaret49 December 27, 2014

Delightful living place, clean, and very good staff. Good food, well served, and lots of entrees to choose from. Excellent activities available and very homey atmosphere. Happy to be a resident.

It makes us happy to know you feel at home!

Ken & Joan December 17, 2014

5 star services, facility, residents, and staff. Wonderful swimming pool, and good food with 5 selections. Frequent entertainment with a nice variety. Good place to call home.

Thank you for your kind words!

Dixie5 December 17, 2014

It's very clean and comfortable. Good and caring staff. There are many things to do and nice entertainment. Needs improvement in food quality and serving temperature.

Thank you for your review! We understand the quality of food is of utmost importance to our residents. We would love to discuss the specifics of your concerns with you in order to maximize the experience at Keystone!

Joseph16 January 31, 2014

When I visited Keystone Cedars, I was happy with what I saw there. I believed the head of the nursing department was the one who gave me the tour. We talked for about an hour and a half about what they did and what was best. They had very nice units. There were activities but I did not see any entertainment during my visit. However, I looked for a place with memory care and nursing care because it won't be long before my wife would need the nursing care. Nonetheless, I would recommend this facility to others.

Thank you kindly for sharing your experience with us. We offer a full schedule of activities for our residents. The monthly calendar can be viewed on our website at www.keystonesenior.com .

Jennifer20 July 26, 2013

My wife and I visited Keystone Cedars and we liked it. It is clean. The staff was very good, very cordial and inviting. They wanted us to stay there but the place was carpeted. It would be nice if they had non-carpeted floors and bigger rooms.

Thank you for your thoughts and kind words!

A3M8X8Y4TK8HKU July 24, 2012

The facility seemed to be okay. It was clean everywhere that I saw. The staff was friendly enought, but didnt seem extremely enthusiastic. THough, how could you be when you are surrounded by death. The amenities were good enough. They also had daily activites the member could go to in order to interact with others and get some mental stimulation. The food seemed really cheap for how much my parents were paying to keep him there. In his condition, Im sure he wasnt affected by any conditions in this place.

Thank you for your comments. Keystone will continue to strive to provide the best quality care to our residents.

From Keystone Cedars

The Keystone Cedars is conveniently located on the northeast side of Cedar Rapids. Just a short drive away, you’ll find shopping, restaurants, churches, medical services and more.

Choose the perfect level of care. Live independently at Keystone Place, while knowing you can turn to Keystone Cedars down the road. Keystone Cedars provides both assisted living and memory care services.

Living at Keystone Place Independent Living is like being at home- only better. Our large apartments include full kitchens, laundry machines and your own spacious patio or deck. Dine at the restaurant, sit down with a good book in the library, stay connected to family and friends in the computer room, exercise in the fitness area or relax in the swimming pool and Jacuzzi. Other services provided include a full-service salon, transportation, housekeeping and engaging scheduled activities.

At Keystone Cedars, you'll continue to live independently while enjoying peace of mind. Our assisted living community offers health care services tailored to you, provided by 24 hour staff. Keystone Cedars offers multiple levels of care, emergency pull cords in each apartment, housekeeping, maintenance, transportation to doctor appointments, three meals a day and a full calendar of activities. Keystone Cedars also offers a memory care area located in a comfortable and secure area with just fifteen apartments, ensuring specialized and attentive care.

At Keystone Place and Keystone Cedars, there are many activities at your fingertips. You'll live life to the fullest among staff and neighbors who will come to feel like family. While enjoying a wealth of amenities, you'll know your health needs will be supported into the future.

Features of Keystone Cedars

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Housing extra: Studios in Memory Care only
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Golf
  • Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $5,150/month

• Pets: No pets allowed
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• Licenses: Iowa Assisted Living License

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Keystone Cedars