Sunrise of Arlington VA

Reviews of Sunrise of Arlington VA

Overview of Ratings

4.6

August 14, 2015

Sunrise of Arlington is awesome, and we are very pleased. Some of the nicest people we could have. I had lunch and I talked to the residents, I felt like the residents were pretty happy with it. They are engaged with me, and I appreciated that. The food was certainly as good as any place else that I ate; it was like fish, rice, and vegetables. There’s a wraparound porch, and the residents use it; whenever I’m there, there’s always people out on the porch. It is summer, so they are taking advantage of the outdoors, there’s trees around, and I like that a lot. It’s a small facility, it has a little bit of an intimate feel, and it seems like the people who are there. They are very engaged because when I have been there, there has been quite a few visitors and family members who are visiting there folks; it kind of mixes up the people who are actually at the facility. They take them to movies and out to lunch. The people who are there actually put them together. My father-in-law is Jewish, we asked them if they could do a service, and they said that they could look into that. They are willing to accommodate the interests of the people at the community. It was a little more integrated into a cosmopolitan area. The executive director, marketing director and the head nurse were really smart and caring. They had a very strong policy on bedbugs, and one of the things I learned is that bedbugs are actually very common in the nursing homes and a lot of people don’t know how to deal with it. They trained their people every time they changed the linens, and they bring in dogs usually once a year to sniff the facilities.

May 08, 2015

By Lamont

Sunrise of Arlington is a good environment, and my mother has been raving about the food.

April 07, 2015

By Col. Vondell

The place that I found for my sister is Sunrise of Arlington. The experience so far is very positive. They're home-like. The staff's work attitude is excellent. We chose this facility because it is a small facility, and the environment is like a large home. They have a very good activity program. They also have good health care program. The food is very good. There is a variety of menu. There are three meals per day. They are served in a formal dining room with tables for four residents to sit together. It is very pleasant. Sunrise of Arlington is recommended by a client's relative, and when I looked into it myself, I was positively impressed, and I'm happy with it thus far.

March 11, 2015

Sunrise of Arlington has a home atmosphere, and the residents were interacting there as we’ve got to observe some of that. It was ideal for the circumstance we had for this particular patient. The staff was caring, and people were going down for lunch.

November 26, 2013

My husband had respite care at Sunrise of Arlington VA twice. It was a very loving place. It is a beautiful home, not very big and has this wrapped around porch and all of these rocking chairs and all of these activities. It does not feel at all like an institution.

Let Us Search For You

Photos of Sunrise of Arlington VA

Features of Sunrise of Arlington VA

• Nurse On Staff: Available During Business Hours

About Sunrise of Arlington VA

Sitting comfortably along Glebe Road within an established residential neighborhood, Sunrise of Arlington is located just minutes from downtown Washington, D.C., local shopping malls, Routes 66 and 395, the Washington Golf and Country Club, Virginia Hospital Center, and many more options for dining and culture. We pride ourselves in our ability to care for many residents with varying special care needs.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Map of Sunrise of Arlington VA