RescueTouch vs. ResponseLINK
It’s more common for older individuals to fall and have accidents, especially if they live alone. Because of this, many seniors and their families choose to invest in a medical alert system to stay safe and provide greater peace of mind. When an emergency occurs, seniors are quickly connected to a trusted loved one or a medical professional to get help fast just by pressing a button. Many seniors feel less stress when living at home alone, thanks to medical alert systems.
There are many medical alert systems out there with various benefits, and it can be tricky to know which system is the right one to choose. We took the time to research the available options so that it’s easier to make a more informed purchase decision.
RescueTouch is a good option for seniors who want fall detection included in their coverage. Most of their plans offer this service in the monthly monitoring price. It also doesn’t require a landline for any of their plans, which is a nice benefit.
On the other hand, ResponseLINK is a good choice for seniors who want a simple, affordable plan that won’t come with high monthly fees or extra activation or equipment costs. Additionally, all of their call center staff members are EMT-certified — which is a big bonus.
Side By Side Comparison
$99 - $178
Family Monitored: $19 - $65
Professionally Monitored: $29 - $75
$19.95 - $36.95 (annual billing)
Optional Monthly Add-On Services
Water-Resistant Wearable Devices
Pendant and wristband
Pendant and bracelet
In-Home Medical Alert System requires a landline connection
2-Way Voice Communication
Range (From in-home base unit for landline service)
Up to 600'
Up to 2.5 days with GPS turned on
Up to 5 days with GPS turned off
3-5 year battery life for In-Home Medical Alert System with a 24-hour backup battery
Up to 30 days of battery life for the Mobile Medical Alert System
FALL DETECTION, LOCATION and RESPONSE SERVICE
Included with Family Response with Fall Detect, Chit Chat Twin Pack, The Whole Shabang! and Chit Chat Monitored Twin Pack
Included with the Fall Detection Medical Alert System
Included in all devices except 9-1-1 Direct plan and device
Coverage Away From Home
24/7 USA Call Center
Yes; All call center staff are EMT-certified
Automatic Medication Dispenser and Organizer, Lockbox, Wall-Mounted Button
RescueTouch is a reliable medical alert system developed by Florida Health Alert and Technology. They offer both professionally monitored and family monitored plans, giving each senior the capability to choose the right plan for their unique needs. One of the most notable benefits of RescueTouch is they don’t require individuals to have a landline. This allows their devices to be used at home and on the go.
For individuals who don’t require professional motoring, three family-monitored plans are available:
- The Family Response plan connects seniors to family members and caregivers when the SOS button is pressed. This plan allows for up to five people to be added to the emergency contact list.
- The Family Response with Fall Detection plan includes the above feature, in addition to fall detection.
- The Chit Chat Twin Pack plan includes two devices, which are both monitored under one plan. The devices can be used as walkie-talkies so subscribers can communicate with each other. Fall detection is included in this plan.
For individuals who prefer a little extra care and security, three professionally monitored plans are available:
- The 9-1-1 Direct plan includes one wearable device. It doesn’t include GPS tracking. This plan is professionally monitored 24/7. The wearer is connected to their local 911 service when they press the SOS button.
- The Whole Shabang! plan comes with one wearable device and includes 24/7 monitoring. It offers the same features as the Family Response with the Fall Detection plan.
- The Chit Chat Monitored Twin Pack comes with two wearable devices and includes 24/7 monitoring. It includes the same features as the Chit Chat Twin Pack plan.
Single RescueTouch devices are a $99 purchase fee and twin-plan devices are a $179 purchase fee. There are no activation fees or long-term contract requirements for any of their plans.
Pros of RescueTouch
- Devices are showerproof pendants
- Devices are available in multiple color options
- There is no requirement to have landline service
- The devices can be used at home or while away from home
- Both unmonitored and monitored plans are available
- Prices are rate-locked
- Flexible payment plans are offered
Cons of RescueTouch
- All devices are wearable, meaning there is no official in-home system
- All devices require a purchase fee.
ResponseLINK has been providing its systems and services for over 30 years. Their call centers are U.S.-based, and they offer 24/7 monitoring by EMT-certified staff members. They have three different systems available for seniors. When choosing to invest in a ResponseLINK system, there are no additional fees to worry about — such as activation fees or equipment fees.
RescueLINK offers the following systems and plans.
- The In-Home Medical Alert System offers 24/7 monitoring. A landline is required for this system, and it offers a range of up to 600′. When the wearable device emergency button is pressed, help is available within 30 to 60 seconds.
- The Fall Detection Medical Alert System also offers 24/7 monitoring. A landline is required for this system. It has a range of up to 600′ and includes fall detection technology. When the wearable device emergency button is pressed, help is available within 30 to 60 seconds.
- The Mobile Medical Alert System also offers 24/7 monitoring. This system uses 911 geo-location technology. When the emergency button is pressed, help is available within 30 to 60 seconds.
All of the above RescueLINK systems offer monthly, quarterly, and annual payment options, and there are no long-term contract requirements in place.
Pros of ResponseLINK
- Three different systems are available, giving seniors greater flexibility
- No activation fees or equipment fees are charged
- All call center staff members are EMT-certified
- A fall detection plan is available
- Pricing is very affordable
- Flexible payment plans are available
Cons of ResponseLINK
- A landline is required for the In-Home Medical Alert System and the Fall Detection Medical Alert System
- No extra services, like medication reminders, are available
- The Mobile Medical Alert System doesn’t include GPS capabilities
Both RescueTouch and ResponseLINK offer fair pricing. With that being said, ResponseLINK prices are lower — especially for their annual billing options. It’s worth noting that RescueTouch includes fall detection in more of its plans, which is built into the pricing. Neither company requires long-term contracts, allowing for flexibility.
We find both of these systems to be reliable, trustworthy and well-rated. While the companies have some similarities, each company has unique differences, too.
One advantage to RescueTouch is they offer fall detection in most of their plans. This is an excellent option for more accident-prone seniors or individuals who are afraid of falling while alone. It’s important to remember that they do charge additional fees for device activation. Additionally, their monthly monitoring fees are slightly higher than ResponseLINK.
We like that ResponseLINK offers very affordable monthly rates, especially when seniors choose to be billed annually for their service. We don’t like that their mobile device doesn’t include GPS capabilities. We appreciate that their staff members are EMT-certified.
While both companies offer great medical alert products, we feel that ResponseLINK is a great choice because of its very affordable monthly rates and the fact that all call center staff members are EMT-certified. This can give seniors and their caretakers more confidence, and seniors can stay safe without having to worry about paying expensive monitoring fees or extra equipment and activation costs.
Compare More Medical Alert Systems
Click on the links below to read about Medical Alert system comparisons.
- Alert1 vs Life Alert
- Alert1 vs MobileHelp
- Bay Alarm Medical vs GreatCall
- Bay Alarm Medical vs Philips Lifeline
- Greatcall vs Medical Guardian
- Life Alert vs Bay Alarm Medical
- Life Alert vs Medical Alert
- Life Alert vs Medical Guardian
- Life Alert vs Q Medic
- LifeFone vs LifeStation
- LifeStation vs ResponseNow
- Medical Guardian vs Bay Alarm Medical
- Medical Guardian vs Medical Care Alert
- MobileHelp vs Bay View Medical
- MobileHelp vs GreatCall
- MobileHelp vs Life Alert
- MobileHelp vs Lifestation
- Philips Lifeline vs LifeFone
- Rescue Alert vs Alert1
- ResponseNow vs GreatCall
- RescueTouch vs. MobileHelp
- RescueTouch vs. LifeFone
- RescueTouch vs Medical Guardian
- RescueTouch vs. Bay Alarm Medical
- RescueTouch vs. Medical Care Alert
- RescueTouch vs. QMedic
- RescueTouch vs. BlueStar Senior Tech
- RescueTouch vs. LifeStation
- RescueTouch vs. GreatCall Lively Mobile
- RescueTouch vs. Lifenet