Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center G

1201 FM 2685, Gladewater, TX, 75647

Reviews of Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center G

roze20 November 30, 2012

I have a close family member in here. I talk to her on almost a daily basis. When talking to her the other day, she was in a lot of pain and had rang for someone to come in. When they did she let me go but forgot to hang up the phone so I could here what was going on. She asked the CNA to help get her up as she is paralyzed and cannot move her feet but experiences leg cramps daily that only standing up will relieve, she was told NO...she then asked for several things and again was told NO and when the CNA left the room, my friend was told that she, the CNA was done with her and left..Now my friend told her she was afraid of her, this is not acceptable. I got hold of my friends husband and told him what I had heard..it was verbal abuse. He went to the director and told them and the director told him that the CNA lacked people skills...and her responsibility is working with people...the CNA was just transferred to another wing of legend oaks so she can continue to verbally abuse other patients. This just does not seem to be the correct way to handle a problem like this. Most of the CNA's at legend oaks are caring but this one is not and is most definitely in the wrong business. Another thing I notice is that the Hippa laws are ignored and patients and their problems are discussed where everyone can hear what they are saying...Are Hippa laws not observed in Texas as they are not being observed in this nursing home!

Aitohe1 July 23, 2012

Overall, this facility is kept clean and tidy. Sometimes the halls will smell of human odors due to diapers being changed at certain times of the day, but it is usually taken care of fairly promptly. One problem I do see, and my grandfather complains about this all the time, is the food. It's edible, but it seems like they slop it together quickly which will end up with tater tots broken up to tiny pieces, meat is too dry and overcooked, food has no flavor, etc. However, this is an understandable mistake when it is considered how many mouths are being fed and the ratio of cooks to residents. The employees at Legend Oaks are always friendly and hospitable, they visit with my grandfather quite often. They may need some work with pairing roommates though, since it seems that sometimes they pair a more mentally agile person with someone in severe mental decline, and it sometimes causes problems between the two. This also is, however, something that cannot be helped at times. Especially times that they are at resident capacity. The employees do a very good job of transporting residents to physicians when need be. They work very quickly to get things taken care of. All in all, I am satisfied with the performance of the employees and owners of Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center. They are taking very good care of my grandfather.

About Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center G

Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center G is a nursing home in Gladewater, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center G for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center G