Sierra Hills

2500 W Henderson Ave, Porterville, CA, 93257

Reviews of Sierra Hills

Caring89740750 September 12, 2014

My mother is in Sierra Hills, and she is very happy there. It is an excellent facility. What stands out is the proximity of the facility to the family. The family can come up here two or three times a week. The manager I interviewed is really excellent and I really like her. I think the management staff makes a big difference. I think they are doing a really good job. So far, I think she’s fine, and she is very happy there. I will absolutely recommend this to others, especially if their parents are home alone and not having companionship, as that is really detrimental to their health. They have caregivers that don’t work for the facility, but they are on site and much cheaper than in-house. More importantly also is socialization, especially for my mom. I am really pleased with this facility, and a lot of that goes to back to the management team they have in there. Cathy in particular knows every resident by name. She watches out for them. My mom is watched out for now 24 hours a day, yet still has her independent living status. For us, that provides us security to sleep well at night too.

UnlimitedAri June 22, 2011

My friend's mother moved into this facility a number of years ago and I have tagged along with her to visit frequently. I have always been impressed by the level of activity going on at Sierra Hills. Every time we visit we hear announcements of some new activity. The last time it was for Nickel Bingo. Staff and residents alike seem to be cheerful and over time some of the staffers have gotten to where they recognize not just my friend who visits multiple times a week but also me, who tags along just once in a while.

My friend's mother says she is very happy living at Sierra Hills, and it shows as she is doing better than ever since moving into this place. She still has the privacy of her own apartment with a balcony, and her cats were allowed to move in with her. However she doesn't have to deal with the housework and cooking that was becoming too much for her as she got older since the facility takes care of all these things for her. Instead she gets to spend her time with the friends she has made, visiting each others apartments, in many of the common areas, or when the weather is nice, outside in the gardens.

Steve Knapp December 16, 2008

My loved one stayed here

I have a relative staying here at the moment. The facility appears new and well cared for. The interior appears similar to an upscale business hotel. The commons areas were decorated for the holidays and there appear to be plenty of activities. The room where my relative stays is a bit spartan although it was the only one available as there appears to be a long waiting list. The dining room looked clean and the staff was attentive, friendly, and constantly on the move. The food looked a bit institutional but appetizing.

From Sierra Hills

Sierra Hills is located in Porterville, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Sierra Hills for a visit...and stay!

Features of Sierra Hills

• Housing extra: Cottages

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room