Brookdale Westlake Village

28550 Westlake Village Dr., Westlake, OH, 44145

Reviews of Brookdale Westlake Village

David109737350 April 22, 2015

Westlake Village is a very nice facility. Their staff is very friendly. They're more intelligent and educated than a lot of the people I deal with. I just really like their enthusiasm, and they’re caring towards the people that lived there. My mom's a retired school teacher, Porter library is a big deal in her life, and they have a bus that goes out weekly. The Porter Library also comes to the facility once a month with books, and my mom too enjoys that. They will drive my mom to go visit her sister that's in the dementia ward in another facility. They will take her anywhere she needs to go for shopping. They have art activities; they have an art room, and my mom is also an artist so she enjoys that. They have a book club, and there are other activities that go on that my mom does not partake.

Anonymous103632350 March 20, 2015

Westlake Village was nice. The woman we met was very nice. She gave us a tour of the property, and it seemed like it would be a good environment for my father. However, it was out of our price range.

John79810150 March 27, 2014

I only saw Westlake Village once, but it looked like a resort place and like you're going into a big hotel. It was definitely grand in respect to its presentation. It would entice a lot of people just walking in the door, and my wife and I both agreed that in respect to just that, we could have made the decision. That was the first place we checked out and we could have said yes, let's go here. The woman who showed us around there was extremely nice. The rooms were excellent. I would recommend that place.

Merbil January 30, 2014

I went over the assisted living area of Westlake Village and I like everything about this facility. I like it's location as well as the people there. I was able to check on their room and its good enough. I went to the cafeteria and it's very clean.

Ruth24 January 30, 2014

Westlake was very nice and the staff was very helpful, kind and courteous. I was really impressed. They were very empathic with the situation I was in. They provided me with a wealth of information about the place and they followed up very well.

Assunta July 26, 2013

I had a very good experience at Westlake Village. Both of the individuals that I talked to were able to answer my questions. They were wiling to sit down and go over the financial aspects with me and looked at the options and alternatives. I took my mom to visit it and she really liked it. Although, I thought it was a lot larger than what I wanted for my Mom because I thought she needed a smaller environment to get better, I felt comfortable with them. With my few visit there, I got the impression that everybody was happy and was receiving the level of care that they needed. I was hoping to get her in but did not got the chance to do so.

Mr. Blue September 27, 2012

My grandmother was put into this facility after her hospitalization. The staff at Westlake Village were more than happy to help her out with everyday activites/chores. I was always greeted with a smile from these people, and they were always more than willing to make me and my grandmother comfortable there.

kkovacic123 May 19, 2012

The women at the front desk are very nice and always greet you when you walk in. My grandma stays on the first floor. Her room is a little small but they are kept nice clean and offer room service. I went to dinner with my grandma at the dining hall. They have three different times that you can choose from to go to. The meal was decent, could of been a little warmer but overall it was pretty good. Our waitress was super nice and attentive. The waiters were all dressed up in white button ups and ties just like at a fancy restaurant. They also had a salad bar available for the residents. They hold concerts in the main room by the front doors. They also have a recreational room where they have bingo nights or any other type of event like that. Overall I think this is one of the better retirement homes that I have seen.

Marie4 May 16, 2012

This is one of the nicest retirement communities I have been to. When my grandfather first moved in, I remember thinking how nice his new apartment was, and hoping that he would take advantage of all the social activities and trips that the staff at Westlake Village plan for the residents. It took him a little bit of time to adjust, but he ended up fitting in just fine there and make a lot of friends. He was very happy while he was living there. If you are considering Westlake Village for yourself or someone you love, I would recommend it. The only thing to keep in mind is that they do not provide assisted-living services. When my grandfather fell and broke his hip, he had to move to somewhere that provided help with daily activities such as bathing and using the restroom. Staff members do check on residents, though--that's how we were able to find out so quickly that he fell!

caring family member March 07, 2012

This is a beautiful facility both inside and outside. It provides a warm and exciting atmosphere for its residents. There are many opportunities for the residents to mingle, enjoy activities and take day trips. I was especially impressed with the variety of meals offered to the residents. The dinner menu included about six different entree options. The dinning room was bright and the staff seemed very friendly. The facility also offers cleaning services for the residents' rooms. There are opportunities for religious services at the facility. Additionally, the facility provides transportation to various churches in the area. The transportation schedule also includes regular trips to the local grocery stores and drug stores. The residents can opt to schedule transportation to necessary doctor or dentist appointments. I believe this is an excellent facility providing extensive services to their residents. I would be happy to have my family member living at Westlake Village.

From Brookdale Westlake Village

Westlake Village provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Location of Brookdale Westlake Village