St. Augustine Plantation

2507 Old St. Augustine Road, Tallahassee, FL, 32301

Reviews of St. Augustine Plantation

Wentrell32333 September 10, 2013

My mom has enjoyed living at St. Augustine Plantation for the last two years. She is especially fond of the very caring staff and nurses who are very nice. She has had some health issues that have required more care than when she moved in, and the staff has really been there for her. I have shared meals with her on many occasions and they've been very good also. She likes the food, and is happy with the recent changes made to allow for alternatives at each meal. She loves the activities that are offered, especially the "sittercise" and playing games with her friends that live down the hall. They have a bus that will take her to doctor appointments and to out to lunch and shopping occasionally. I would highly recommend St. Augustine Plantation to anyone looking for an assisted living facility in the Tallahassee area.

rwagner August 23, 2013

My mom lives here and we have watched this facility go down hill, it started out pretty good but me and my family have watched as things steadily get worse. The food is usually cold, they never give the residents fruit as a dessert its always dry chocolate cake or pie, unhealthy stuff. The service has steadily went down also, it seems that all of the staff that works and are nice to the residents are let go. My mom loves the other residents and does not want to move but if things continue as they are we may have to move her. Its a beautiful facility but if I knew it was going to turn out like this I would have talked my mom into going someplace else.

Dee6 June 13, 2013

I would have chosen St. Augustine if it's within our budget. I like the layout of the building. It was very well-arranged and set up in such a way that you are never very far from the main center of the operation. It had a lot of visitation areas throughout the whole complex. The dining room had half-walls. It was very nice and open, which I like. We had lunch there and the foods they served were very good too. The staff also were more than okay, they're wonderful.

ludacris7000 September 22, 2012

Saint Augustine Plantation is a really nice facility. It's really roomy, and homey. I like the dining area which has a chandelier next to it in the hallway. It's nice to visit my grandmother there because there's plenty of places to sit outside, and it's really quiet. The rooms are nice, too, and I like that they have provided the residents with mini-fridges.They also provide good meals for the residents, and they offer a lot of activities. My grandmother enjoys going to Church and playing Bingo; both of which I have attended with her on more than occasion. They also provide a daily newsletter and weekly calendars to help keep the residents informed and engaged. They're doing a really good job, as my grandmother has managed to stay quite busy - she's almost never in her room to answer the phone! Which I should add that my grandmother, although she can walk, can not leave the facility unless someone checks her out due to her disability.My only concern with the facility might be the narrow space in the hallways. While individual wings seem to be wide enough, the main hallway connecting them is really narrow, and often gets stopped up as residents wait to get on to the elevator after meal times and after activity hours. All in all, it's a great little place, and I wouldn't mind retiring there myself someday.

From St. Augustine Plantation

St. Augustine Plantation is home. Built in the southern, antebellum style, the house was designed specifically to improve the quality of life for seniors. Enjoy songs played on the baby grand piano, or share memories around the hearth in the living room…

Our professional staff is committed to providing outstanding care 24-hours a day. A comprehensive personal health care plan will be established by our Registered Nurse. As an individual’s needs for assistance increases, you can age-in-place knowing you have family providing care every step of the way.

Facility holds the Extended Congregated Care licenses and residents are able to age in place. Located near Governor Square Mall, also near Southwood neighborhood community.

Features of St. Augustine Plantation

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,450/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: None