Sunrise at Countryside

45800 Jona Drive, Sterling, VA, 20165

Reviews of Sunrise at Countryside

Caring86423550 June 27, 2014

Sunrise is OK. But it's in dire need of upgrading. It's very expensive, and it's not worth it. That's really the bottom line. The caregivers are wonderful. They take very good care of my mom. I have no complaints. But the facility is in need of help, and it's extremely expensive. Everything is a la carte. It's ridiculous. The food is OK. It's not great, but it's not terrible. They need to improve the building. The windows don't close; they need new windows, and in some places new carpeting. The little kitchenette and kitchen are 22 or 24 years old, and they're pretty beat up at this point.

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We take your comments very seriously and we will address with the team. If you are interested in sharing further details with us please email information@sunriseseniorliving.com with your contact information. Thanks again, The Sunrise Team.

Caring74250450 December 13, 2013

I did not like the rooms in the assisted living of Sunrise at Countryside. They were just too small. The place is very clean. It had more of a hotel feeling in it. It was more upper scale. The staff seemed friendly. As far as activities, they seemed to have them to keep the residents busy.

Mary75011450 December 13, 2013

The only reason that I thought that Sunrise was pretty good is just out of the convenience of it. It's a much smaller community but as Mom's needs change and the thought that she might need additional help, the assisted living would be easy for her to migrate to. She would be able to stay within that community. It's just a separate building so one building is independent and the other is assisted living. The transition would be fairly easy because she would already be in that general location.

It's only like a couple of miles from where I live which is a huge plus. It is an older community though and that was kind of a negative. It's probably over 20 years old and it's been there ever since I moved here in the area. It was very well kept and it's a much smaller community. There are probably only 50 or so independent living residents and the dining room is much smaller. The apartment was a little smaller but her world's getting smaller, anyway.

They have transportation, that's a plus. They also have some activities although I got a sense that it was like a homey atmosphere which is nice. There was a room where they do some calisthenics but there was no actual exercise equipment.

Caring74384050 November 24, 2013

I thought Sunrise at Countryside was really nice. It was nice, clean and airy. The staff there was really nice and friendly. However, their residents were very different from the other facility in that they didn't seem to speak to you, and this facility was more of an institution, but everything else seemed to be great.

Cindy23 June 13, 2013

I had visited Sunrise for my mom. Their facility was excellent. It was beautiful. The apartments that we looked at were very beautiful. They had nice amenities too. The staff were also very helpful and nice. I had tried to get her in there, but at that time, she refused to go.

wim1 May 31, 2012

When you arrive, the grounds of the facility is maintained with trimmed shrubs, beautiful flowers, and a clean parking lot. Upon entering the facility, the staff would always greet us and the interior was well-kept with a spiral staircase to lead upstairs. Residents also had the option of using the elevator. Laundry services are provided and many activities to stay busy. Some of the activities included fitness, social activities such as playing board games, group trips and clubs of interest. The families are also encouraged to remain active participants in the emotional care of residential family members by being offered both educational classes and activities. The staff was very attentive to the residents by providing doctor visits, menu choices and providing spiritual activities. Sunrise Living Facility is a wonderful choice in the aspect that it provides assistance for its residents while still allowing them to maintain their freedom and independence.

From Sunrise at Countryside

Nestled in a beautiful, residential section of Sterling, VA, Sunrise at Countryside can be conveniently reached from major routes such as Route 28 and Route 7, and is across the street from the new Dulles Town Center and other points of interest. We pride ourselves most of all in our caring and well-trained staff who provide a nurturing and supportive environment with a personal touch. Our personalized services are designed to encourage independence and enable freedom of choice, while protecting privacy and preserving the dignity of each resident.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Features of Sunrise at Countryside

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• 24 hour nurses: Available during business hours