Renaissance-Sherman Assisted Living

Overview of Ratings

4.2

January 26, 2016

By Sandy118793850

We visited Renaissance-Sherman, and everything went really well. The staff was nice, and anybody that I interacted with was good. The rooms were average. They aren't really big, however, they're good and clean.

June 29, 2015

By David108503750

We went to The Renaissance, and it was really nice. Our visit was extremely enjoyable and accommodating. The staff was very professional, very friendly, and extremely accommodating. Anything that they could do to make the room more to what the patient liked, they said they would do. It’s just that the facility was so large it was intimidating to my mother because she’s in early Alzheimer's, and she’s afraid she can get lost. It’s big; I think they had 180 rooms or apartments. They had a spa and a gym. They would take them to doctor’s appointments. They went to the casino, played games, and went shopping. They had a bar in there. Just about everything you could think of was available.

December 14, 2014

I like Renaissance-Sherman a whole lot. The facility is very clean, and the people were very nice. The only thing I didn't like is there is only one main elevator, and there is a very long walk from the rooms to that elevator. The dining room was very clean and pretty, and the menu looks great. They have a hair salon.

October 26, 2013

By Steve26

Me and my wife liked Renaissance-Sherman very much. We wanted to move in there but we are not that old yet. It was a top notch facility. The staff was very good and everybody was pretty happy. The staff would call the residents by their first names. The place is extremely clean and it looked like a 5-star downtown hotel.

October 15, 2013

Renaissance-Sherman is an okay facility, but I don't think it's the nicest with what they want you to pay upfront to go in there. $5000 is a lot of money to pay for a fee to live in and I don't think there rooms were that great although they have different kinds of activities. They take the residents to shopping, barbecues, and music I guess would recommend them, but I just think they are way overpriced for what they have and the smell of the place is pretty bad.

July 25, 2013

By Alan W.

My mom had stayed in Renaissance for three years. It was one of the top places in town for independent living. The independent side was very well-programmed in that there're always something going on for their residents, e.g., there were a lot of musical groups coming in to perform there. The staff also was fantastic. They really did a nice job as far as looking after my mom and all her needs. Their managers probably did more than they were supposed to do. They were also residents of this facility, so these people need to be at least old enough to actually live there. Considering their age, the responsibilities of running a facility were just too much for them. They were just getting stressed out. As a result, they had a lot of turnovers of managers. I think they just need to treat their managers a little better. Overall, I think this facility was very nice.

August 28, 2012

By Nebula1

The Renaissance is a quaint little assisted living facility located in Sherman Texas. I have had several friends and family members who have stayed there and claimed it as their residence. The center is very well kept up and extremely clean. The apartment-type rooms are spacious and accommodating. Three meals a day are included, as well as amenities. The staff is very kind and caring, showing extreme compassion in all they do. This is an assisted living facility, so most of the residents are somewhat independent. For those residents who do need an extra little help, there are onsite nurses and aides. The center has several activity rooms as well as plenty of scheduled activities. Churches and other community organizations are free to come in to provide care and activities. They come in to provide Bible studies, classes, and seminars. Overall, this is a great community and even though it is a bit pricy, it is all inclusive.

Let Us Search For You

Save Stress

Photos of Renaissance-Sherman

Features of Renaissance-Sherman

About Renaissance-Sherman

Nestled within beautiful grounds in the charming town of Sherman, you'll love our warm and inviting facilities, friendly staff and the convenience of the nearby town. Renaissance-Sherman independent and assisted living retirement community is just minutes from shopping, healthcare, dining and exciting local attractions.

*Rates listed are based on single occupancy

Pet Policy

Holiday Retirement warmly welcomes cats and dogs at no additional fee. Please see community for details.

Office Hours