Brookdale Rome

180 Woodrow Wilson Way, Rome, GA, 30165

Promotion ends in 3 days!

NOTHING SAYS SUMMER LIKE SAVINGS. Move into a Brookdale community by June 30, and receive a $1,000 rent credit! *Eligible new residents will receive a one-time $1,000 credit to the Basic Service Rate/Monthly Fee following the first 90 days of residency.

Reviews of Brookdale Rome

May 29, 2014

By Roberta10

Horizon Bay had been newly renovated, and I loved it. It was bright and airy. The remodeling was terrific. They had really updated it. All of the community rooms just looked great compared to the old décor, so it really made a difference. I felt that my parents would have really liked it. The very first time I visited, I was impressed with it. That's why when my parents actually agreed to move from Arizona over here to Georgia area, that was where I had in mind to move them; however, my parents didn't want to move to ALF. They offered a two-bedroom apartment, and that was very important to my parents. It had two bedrooms, a living area, and a little kitchenette with a sink and a small refrigerator. As for their dining facility, the thing that I really liked about it was they had an opportunity for the residents to eat on their own schedules. For example, my parents like to eat their heavy meal at noon; at Horizon Bay, they had a menu plan that allowed them to do that. They had selections so that if another resident wanted to have just a salad for lunch, they could have that as well, then have their heavy meal later. So it seemed much more flexible and accommodating for the various different styles of eating. I thought that was really nice. I saw their activities room, and they had two separate areas. One of them had art supplies, and another one had a large screen TV and lots of equipment like that. They had chair exercises and games. They had puzzles sitting out that were in progress. They also had something lovely along the north side of the facility. There was a dining room there that was virtually all windows. It looked out to landscapes. They had deer coming, and they would feed the deer daily, so they have that wildlife that people can enjoy. The staff was very friendly. They were so courteous to the residents, and they would always call them by name. If and when I ever need my parents to come back here, that is definitely a place I would look at again.

February 28, 2014

Horizon Bay Rome was really impressive. It was great. I think the facility is independent living with some assistance available. The people there were very friendly. The clients seemed very happy and content. The food looked good. It was appealing. For accommodations, the one we looked at was a single bedroom with a living area and a very tiny microwave kitchen situation. It was decorated well and it was cozy.

April 09, 2013

By George15

I was very pleased with Horizon Bay. I like the facility, the staff, and the director of sales. I like the presentation that they all add in. The environment I think was the most impressive. It was clean, the staff was very professional, and the food is excellent.

September 22, 2012

By jt2

I visit this facility at least twice a week. Once I stayed here for about a week to watch my grandparents cat while they were away. I've eaten here numerous times and most of the time the food has been good to excellent, but sometimes not good at all. The lunch menu is the same as the dinner menu, which means you might eat the same dish twice in one day. One time they served a delicious Thanksgiving-style buffet lunch, but by dinner time most of the dishes had been warmed over too much and was a little cold. Overall, I would say the food is quite good 85% of the time. Most of the staff are very friendly and helpful without being over-bearing. Many of the staff are pet lovers and often inquire about my grandparents cat. The facility is always clean. There are several washing machine rooms with multiple washers and dryers per room. The retirement complex is surrounded by a nicely wooded area where wildlife can be seen often. It is a nice area to go for a stroll or run. There is also a hospital and several medical clinics located close by. My grandparents had to make some adjustments to their lifestyle after moving here but overall I'd say they are both happier and better off.

August 26, 2012

By moody tonsa

I visited Horizon Bay frequently. I had a great experience because when i got there i had no idea what to expect but after spending time with my aunt i realized she was getting excellent care. In the assisted living program, they focus on maintaining or improving the residents' health so they can live as independently as possible. At the same time, their warm, caring staff is always ready to lend a hand with anything from laundry to medication management. My aunt is here for 2 years and she loves it. She enjoys the activities they plan for her, and the staff treats her very well. The food is good and she always gets her medicine on time. . The social calendar activities inside the facility and field trips are regularly scheduled. There is a pretty garden visible to residents who cannot manage to go outside due to health limitations. The staff made available to our family a private room to celebrate our aunt's birthday with her special favorite foods we brought in. I would recommend the facility for our loved ones.

Services & Amenities of Brookdale Rome

About Brookdale Rome

Brookdale Rome provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Rome