Brookdale Collin Oaks

4045 West 15th Street, Plano, TX, 75093

Promotion ends in 15 days!

IT'S YOUR MOVE. LOCK IN THE 2017 RATE FOR LIFE. Lock in a rate that will never change for residents who take financial possession of an apartment by December 23, 2016. *New residents only. Excludes care costs and other fees. Additional details may apply.

Reviews of Brookdale Collin Oaks

Caring101120550 October 31, 2014

My mother stayed at Brookdale Collin Oaks. It was great. They were excellent. My mother is in the memory care facility, and every single person in there was kind to her. They took care of her. They a little had trouble with her food at first because she had to have pureed food. They did that for her. They did everything. All we had to do was talk and explain things to them, and they were always very receptive. I had recommended them to others.

Gary38 September 23, 2014

At Emeritus at Collin Oaks, the services were good. They have a variety of different intensities that you would need from full onsite medical care, medication, injections, and stuff like that you would need. They had good meal plans and good exercise capabilities. They went through a pretty good extent of showing how the meals would be served, what would be served, and if you couldn't come to the dining room, how the meals would be brought to you.

Susan89809450 August 26, 2014

We were in Emeritus at Collin Oaks for only a short period time. We may have put him there until we saw the other one. I really can’t say anything negative about Collin Oaks. I think they would have been fine, too. I just felt that the furniture looked a little more worn. The hallway seemed to be narrower. The rooms were smaller. It would have been a little less expensive but we felt like the other one had a more open feel to it. We only talked to one person who showed us around. She seemed to be very nice. The residents seemed to be very sweet there, too. I’m sure they would have been fine for him.

Donna89993350 July 30, 2014

Emeritus at Collin Oaks didn’t smell good when I went there. It was there late in the afternoon and I saw some couple of residents that were having a hard time and the staff seemed to be ignoring them. The facility was too institutional to me. I had the impression that they were warehousing these old people. I was just here for one hour so I am just saying what my impression was.

NotImpressed00 June 20, 2014

This building is old and out dated. Constantly under staffed and management team is terrible. If you want to pay $3000 minimum a month to live in what can only be described as an environment from a bad 1970's movie set, then move here.

Caring84430850 May 29, 2014

Emeritus at Collin Oaks was well kept, and it was nice. I had no complaints. It was clean, and it didn’t smell. The people were very nice to greet us. We ate, and the food was good. I was pleased. I just don’t like the rates because I can’t afford those rates. The dining room was nice and open, but you were sitting close enough to other people who weren't sitting alone.

Caring78927450 March 16, 2014

We visited Emeritus, and it was a nice facility with reasonable prices. It was one story with a square. It was not open and airy, and it was set in a business area. Their suites are like one large room and a bathroom, and my mother was looking for an apartment. The dining area looked reasonable. We saw a lot of people in wheelchairs, but my mom has been used to living independently.

Bill35 January 31, 2014

I chose Emeritus at Collin Oaks for my mom because of the personnel. It was next door to the hospital where mom had been numerous times. The staff and even the cooks were very good. The rooms were nice. The food was good. They had different activities like trips to the senior center, dances, bingo, cards, etc. They seemed to have a lot of activities for the residents. However, they should change the table cloths in the dining area more often.

Caring73897850 November 20, 2013

I visited a friend at Emeritus. We liked it that they're a little smaller than some other places. They only had one bedroom and didn't have any 2-bedrooms. What contact I had with the staff was okay. My friend seemed to be happy there.

Caring72071550 October 24, 2013

My mother-in-law is already in an ALF at Emeritus at Collin Oaks. She moved in there September 1st. This is our choice because it is close to our house and because she likes the atmosphere there when we first visited it. Right now, she has the biggest room that they have available and she is pretty happy with it. She also likes the food they have there. Regarding activities, she is interested in playing cards, dominos, etc. They also have courtyard for them. The staff is very friendly and very attentive.

Caring71530850 October 09, 2013

The staff at Emeritus seemed pretty nice, it was just the cosmetic of the facility that didn't look as good. The rooms were not as nice as the two other facilities that I had visited. They had a urine chair or wee chair in the lobby and that turned me off immediately. It smelled. The menu didn't look as good as the other place I visited also.

Jeannette3 August 28, 2013

I was impressed at Emeritus at Collin Oaks. It was on top of the list if my mom would move in to a facility. The facility was clean and the staff appeared friendly. The residents seemed happy and well-taken care of. When I went to visit, someone came and sang for the residents.

Helen22 August 01, 2013

Emeritus at Collin Oaks was nicely run. People were friendly. They had different levels of care. The room was adequate for what we would consider, but it's more within our budget.

Deon1 November 22, 2012

Upon entering the facility, there is a small lobby that separated guests of the facility from the residential living space. In order to visit my relative, I had to ring a bell which notified the receptionist that I was there. The receptionist was very polite, verified my information and called nursing staff on the floor that my relative had a visitor. While walking through the facility, it appeared to be clean. My relative who was suffering from Alzheimer's was clean and appeared to be well taken care. I was also introduced to one of the staffers who assisted my relative and she appeared to be very attentive. My visit, which lasted about an hour, was ended because it was dinner time for the residents. I decided to leave and let her have dinner. As I walked towards the exit, I was able to witness interactions between a few residents and staff. It appeared that the staff members really cared for the residents. I would recommend this facility to a friend or family member.

Plano Case Manager August 13, 2012

I toured this facility on a behalf of a patient. The facilty looked and smelled clean. Every employee I passed was friendly and smiled. The residents I spoke with were very happy with the facility, the activities and the food. Anna was bright, knowledgable and personable. She knew the name of every resident we passed. I was very impressed.

slsohmer June 12, 2012

Overall, the experience was pleasant. My grandfather was in pretty bad shape, so the association with the place wasn't amazing because of that. However, the workers and nurses were always very happy and ready to assist. I also worked as a television repair tech and had a lot of work to do at this facility. Everyone was always very friendly.

commercesd June 09, 2012

We visited Emeritus at Collin Oak assisted living facility and it seemed friendly and casual, yet the business of taking care of those who needed it was being attended to. The entire outside grounds were spacious and well tended.

They have a number of options available, from spacious apartments, to smaller spaces that are easier to manage. There is plenty of staff to take care of basic needs and cleaning, etc., so even if you have a larger space, it should work out fine.

All of the areas were pleasant to be in and we could see that the residents thought so, too. The activities ranged from board games, to discussions, private reading and watching film and TV. The staff is well-versed at taking care of a variety of types of people, from those who are not ambulatory - to people who have memory issues. They also have a convenient salon.

The dining areas were nicely designed and warm. Residents may choose communal dining or more private situations. There are places for them to visit with families, as well. The food looked deliciously prepared, as well as nutritious. The dietician and chef changes up the menu to keep it interesting and encourage residents to make suggestions.

The indoor areas were all clean and bright. There is plenty of sunlight so that they do not need to use lighting when it is sunny outside. This is true for many of the dwelling spaces, as well.

The activities they plan regularly include everything from visiting local restaurant favorites, the public library and movies - to day trips to nearby regions. They have planned exercise classes - but also offer residents to work out any time they wish.

We really liked the layout of this facility and would recommend that anyone interested in finding a place for their loved one go for a tour.

Marqueax July 27, 2011

I toured the facility and found it very warm and cheerful. It was clean. There were a lot of activities planned throughout the day. The dining was bright and spacious. There is an inner courtyard where they have cookouts, gardening activities. It is pet friendly. Patients can transition to memory care if needed. It is not the newest facility in our area, but I think that the people are very professional, warm and caring.

Daddy'sGirl7 June 13, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

Collin Oaks is a moderately priced, clean assisted living facility that also has a separate section for alzheimer residents. This was the first facility my husband and I found for my in-laws when we moved them from out of state. Everyone seemed genuinely interested in helping them adjust. There were many opportunities for activities and seemed to be an abundance of volunteers that came and did everything from sing to give free manicures. My favorite activity was the "senior" prom. Unfortunately, my in-laws were only able to stay a few months. My mother in law needed a facility more in line with a nursing home and my father-in-law's alzheimers became such that he needed much more supervision than this facility could provide. We had underestimated the amount of care my in-laws needed. The only complaint I personally had was that often the hallways would smell of urine. Otherwise I would give this facility 5 stars.

IanBrice June 02, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

My Grandmother lives in this facility, and since day one, we as a family, have been impressed by the quality of the environment and the hospitality of the staff. Not once has my grandmother complained about the staff or the facility, instead, she talks about how much fun she's having with the daily activities and how she loves the fact that she could keep her pet cat. The staff alerts us when any problem arises in the health of my grandmother and, because the hospital is nearby, we feel as if this was the best choice we could make as a family to move my grandmother in this facility.

From Brookdale Collin Oaks

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Collin Oaks