Oak Manor Senior Living Community

3600 Oak Manor Lane, Largo, FL, 33774

Reviews of Oak Manor Senior Living Community

April 30, 2015

By caring 3300

We looked at Oak Manor, and I liked it. They offered three meals, which you can eat anytime. There wasn't like a fixed time that you should eat, and they had a full menu. It was very nice, and the people were very nice. Unfortunately, my mother did not like the colors, and she did not like the fact that they had flat roofs. They offer to go to the grocery store three times a week and to the different stores. My mother likes to go to the symphony, and they didn't have anything like that. They offered the normal Bingo and things like that, and my mother is not really interested much in that. I would have liked her to stay there because they were very nice, and the food was really good.

February 06, 2015

By tinheaded

My grandmother moved in shortly after my grandfather passed away. At 84, she was not very social and felt isolated in her home because all of the friends she had in the neighborhood has passed away (and younger people were moving in). We chose Oak Manor because the staff was very helpful, the activities were diverse and it didn't look or feel like an institution. Tons of oak trees and feels like a neighborhood because its on acreage with apartments and villas/condos. My uncle jokes that Gram should work in the marketing department. She LOVES it. She has made a few friends, plays bingo, pinochle and raves about the food.

September 06, 2014

By Carla Marie

I think that safety is an issue at this facility. i saw an alcoholic and a couple dementia patients in the dining area. Save the appearances: price lower but not all-inclusive also. I could never have dad stay in Oak Manor. Adult children have many things to consider when placement becomes necessary but SAFETY is the first concern.

August 21, 2014

By Caring91242050

Oak Manor Senior Community seemed like a nice place. I have visited my mother there a couple of times. I think the rooms are very nice. The only thing is, I know she is getting dementia, and I don't know if I could get her a little fridge or not so she could have some cold drinks or water. I know she can't cook anymore, but just something like yogurt even though she has three meals a day. That is the only thing I am concerned about. They just seem like a nice community. They have their own keys to lock themselves in and out, like at their homes, and they have a key to get in. Nobody is walking in and out of their rooms; I like that. The place is very clean; they do a very good job. The only thing that I have an issue with is she needs incontinence pads and it seems like she can't get them. I don't know why. But they seem like nice people, pretty much.

February 14, 2014

By Diana27

The assisted living of Oak Manor (Largo, FL) was only a two floor, so there wouldn't be too many problems with the elevator. They have separate villas also for assisted living, and then they have independent living, skilled nursing, and memory care. My father is diagnosed with Alzheimer's and eventually he will need memory care, so we were looking out for that. Plus, it had a very woodsy look to it, something that my parents would enjoy. Actually, one of their friends already moved there and they are really happy where they are now. Quiet and woodsy were my first impressions of the facility. It was a separate community, yet close to shopping and there was a hospital a few blocks from there. It just seemed like a very calm and serene place that would be great for the seniors. The staff was very helpful. The few that we saw that day and interacted with seemed to be very helpful.

October 15, 2013

My tour at Oak Manor Senior Living was wonderful. I was able to go on a tour on a golf cart. When I went in there, they were repainting and renovating the rooms so it's great.

September 25, 2013

I went to visit Oak Manor Senior Living Community. The atmosphere was very gloomy and it was hard to talk over all the music. The staff were adequate. The smell of urine was quite evident. I was not able to taste any of the meals. I was not impressed at all.

July 11, 2012

By Matt5

Oak Manor is a very nice assisted living facility. They make the the people living there feel welcomed and free. MY grandfather lives there and he is free to do what ever he wants. They don't harass him and they are always just a push of a button away. They have a fairly nice restaurant there that I eat at when I visit him. Just outside there is a shuffle board court. The entire place is very well shaded, and there is trees and plant life everywhere. Its very well maintained. The staff is generally very nice and answers any question you may have. The housing is very large for a good price. There is a lake full of fish with a river near by. Over all I found it to be a wonderful place to visit and my grandfather loves it there. My only complaint would have to be that its kind of close to the main road so i can be noisy at times. Its also a few miles away from the nearest grocery store so its hard for my grandfather to get there. There is transportation options but the busing could be better.

Photos of Oak Manor Senior Living Community

Services & Amenities of Oak Manor Senior Living Community

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

About Oak Manor Senior Living Community

Oak Manor Senior Living Community offers senior living conveniences and care within a setting that establishes a true feeling of home and security for its residents. Every day is a wonderful day when you enjoy the secure & carefree way of life at Oak Manor. From the delicious meals served in our lovely Clubhouse restaurant to the superior amenities that compliment your lifestyle, the meticulous attention to detail is evident at Oak Manor.

As a full continuum of care community, we offer Independent living, Assisted Living, Rehabilitation and long term care nursing all within our beautifully shaded 16 acres of land.

Independence & peace of mind can be yours in a private apartment within our secure environment. An emergency response system, on-site healthcare and other related services make living easy at Oak Manor Senior Living Community.

Oak Manor offers affordable assisted living in an apartment or villa style setting nestled on 16 acres of shady Oak trees. Conveniently located near shopping, entertainment, dining, culture and a variety of quality health care, Oak Manor offers year-round care with a staff dedicated to you and your loved-ones.

Services

• Assistance with activities of daily living including bathing, grooming, dressing, etc.
  • 3 delicious meals served restaurant-style
  • Organized social activities
  • Electricity, water, cable and local telephone service included in rate
  • Personal laundry service
  • Weekly housekeeping including linen service
  • Professional maintenance and landscaping including pest control
  • Emergency response system & security guards on property
  • Residents are accounted for every two hours
  • Scheduled transportation for shopping, church, and doctor visits

Amenities

• Beautiful grounds
  • Guest accommodations for resident families
  • All rooms equipped with safety features
  • Security and fire alarm system
  • Clubhouse and Beauty Salon / Barber Shop
  • Fully carpeted with roomy floor plans
  • Clubhouse with dining room, activities room, TV room, library, and shuffleboard courts
  • Campus is a non-evacuation zone

Located in Largo, very close to Indian Rocks & Clearwater beaches, Oak Manor is nestled away off of Indian Rocks Road. Our beautifully maintained property sets us apart, giving all of our residents a place to enjoy the 16 shaded acres of large Oak trees, without the hustle and bustle of Pinellas County right outside our windows.

We are minutes away from three Largo hospitals and the municipal golf course. We are also a short walk to Largo’s Southwest Recreation center’s olympic size swimming pool and right down the street from large shopping complexes and Largo Mall.

Oak Manor is truly an oasis of serenity amid a culture of convenience. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Oak Manor Senior Living Community