Brookdale Union

1717 Union Road, Gastonia, NC, 28054

Reviews of Brookdale Union

Cindy35 January 18, 2014

Two of my aunts are in Gaston Manor. The main reason why they want to go there is because it has a homier atmosphere and I think that they like that part. The activity director there tries to keep something going for them all the time. However, one of my aunts has cancer and she does not feel like going a lot. But they try to get her out. My other aunt has not been well either, but she tries to join in the activities in the facility like the Christmas party they have. It is well organized and there are number of relatives that come as they try to make the families involved. One of my aunts is picky with the food, but she doesn't complain about the food and they are very complimentary about the meals. Most of the staff is very accommodating. They have very caring people. I have a problem with one of my aunt's laundry. But when I talk to the lady, she gets on with it right away. They have a shared room, which is big in size with two beds. It is bright, airy and cheerful. They are very comfortable there.

Jerry13 September 19, 2013

Gaston Manor is a nice facility. I visited the place and I liked it and I even want to move in, but they are expensive. I looked at one of their rooms and it's a nice. The dining room has a nice cooking area. It was a really nice facility. I really have nothing against it. The people are really nice and the lady that I talked was really nice. I would surely recommend this facility to people who can afford the price.

Andrew9 August 25, 2013

It was comfortable. The rooms were okay but a bit small. The staff were professional. However, my aunt had a dog that needed to be walked outside; my concern was how that could be possible without being a huge problem to my aunt. They needed to have a better perimeter around the property.

From Brookdale Union

Brookdale Union provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Union