Atria Southpoint Walk

Reviews of Atria Southpoint Walk

Overview of Ratings

4.5

June 26, 2014

Atria was really nice but very expensive. The rooms were nice and spacious. The facility was very clean and well maintained. It was very nice. I would recommend it.

September 30, 2013

By sjpphd

This is the nicest of the independent and assisted living facilities that we visited, and my father decided pretty quickly that he wanted to live there. The staff are extremely friendly and competent, and go out of their way to help residents get settled and find activities that they would enjoy. The food is fair, as they keep recipes fairly bland. However the Sunday buffet is excellent with many choices for discerning appetites. The apartments are beautiful, and cleaning is provided in the rent on an every other week basis. The place is always clean and fresh smelling and there is always a calm, quiet atmosphere in the lobby and halls. Residents are very independent and sophisticated. Excellent for older parents who need to relocate to be near their children.

August 22, 2012

It's excellent, the staff was excellent, and the facility is beautiful. It was brand new at the time my mother-in-law went in there. Compare to other places I've seen around Durham, there's just no comparison. It's much, much nicer.

July 29, 2012

By mattyice

The facilities and amenities were excellent and the staff was second to none. From the dining room to the lobby to the bar area (a favorite of many residents, it seems) all of the public areas have a warm, open feel to them. The apartments themselves come with first rate equipment such as refrigerators, stoves and ovens. The staff is always available and always helpful. Medical staff and maintenance were always pleasant and efficient whenever they were called upon. Most importantly, the residents seem to be a happy group from a wide variety of backgrounds. This made all social gatherings into great times. If there is one complaint, I would say it is the food served in the dining room. Though healthy and plentiful, it often lacks in flavor. It is probably par for the course, but could stand to be improved. All in all, Alta Walk was a wonderful experience for my grandmother and for those of us who visited her.

Photos of Atria Southpoint Walk

Features of Atria Southpoint Walk

• State Licenses: HAL-032-131

About Atria Southpoint Walk

Atria Southpoint Walk encourages active older adults to spend their time as they wish, knowing everything from housekeeping to cooking and even transportation is handled for them. Our convenient location a short distance from shopping, restaurants, universities and parks, combined with a robust monthly calendar of events and social opportunities, creates the perfect atmosphere for an engaging, fulfilling lifestyle. We encourage residents to take full advantage of everything our community offers, whether taking in a show at the Durham Performing Arts Center, cheering on the Bulls baseball team or stopping to smell the roses in our lovely courtyard. From our on-site woodworking shop, fitness center, salon and library to yoga classes and group outings, residents can design their days to suit their interests. Our experienced and trained staff is available 24 hours a day to ensure your comfort and safety and provide discreet assistance, as needed. Spacious apartments, inviting common areas, and delicious chef-prepared dining round out the features of Atria Southpoint Walk, combining to create an exceptional senior living experience.

Map of Atria Southpoint Walk