Esplanade Gardens

10790 Toepperwein Rd, Converse, TX, 78109

Reviews of Esplanade Gardens

Susan117476750 December 17, 2015

I liked Esplanade Gardens because of the environment and the proximity to some of their caretakers. The staff is really good. They have large rooms that you're able to put a living area and a bedroom, and they have their own handicap bathroom. When I ate there, it was fine. They have a fixed menu, but they also can take orders. My aunt and uncle have been there since May. They have a game room, they go to Walmart, and there is a beauty parlor in the premise. However, they should have more activities.

Anonymous83367150 November 30, 2015

Our visit at Esplanade Gardens Senior Campus was very good. We had lunch there together with my two daughters, and everything seemed to be alright. The staff that we’ve seen were very good. I would recommend this place.

Florence16 November 25, 2015

I went to the Esplanade Gardens for lunch on a holiday, so there were a lot of activities going on that afternoon. I couldn't stay that late, but the food was good. They were very pleasant and seemed interested in keeping the people active, if they could. They seemed pretty nice and interested in the people who were there, and they tried to get them to join whatever was going on.

heatherwag August 24, 2015

The only positive to this place is it has cosmetic aesthetic value (just don't look at the bathroom). Other than that, no one communicates with each other or with the family no matter how important or imperative it is. Pt care is about as lacking and as poor as they come. There is no accountability and no one takes responsibility for anything. I wouldn't recommend them unless you or your loved one has no physical/mental deficits or medical issues.

Caring110281850 August 05, 2015

The staff at Esplanade Gardens was nice and courteous. They took me right away; I like them. When I was there, there wasn’t anything going on, but I know they do have bingo, exercise, and many more. I like the dining area. It was setup very nicely, but I wasn’t able to eat there. I like the location of the area as well. I also like the way that the rooms were setup. It was spacious enough to be able to get your things in.

Ron49 June 30, 2015

We visited Esplanade Gardens, and this one was very nice except the only room they had available was a second story room, but it was actually larger than what my parents have now. It would have been comfortable. The place appeared to be clean. We met the marketing director, and she is very nice and knowledgeable. She toured us around the place, and it looked nice and clean. The room was actually nicer and larger.

Pam106525850 May 14, 2015

My dad is in Esplanade. He is the one who actually chose it because it is close to his former house. The staff is very nice and caring. The rooms are nice, and they are in decent size. They offer bingo, and they take them out I think once a month to different restaurants. They do like a restaurant ordering in their dining room, and the food is pretty good.

Cathy109839250 April 23, 2015

My parents have been residents here at Esplanade Gardens for 1 ½ years and we could not be happier with the excellent care they are receiving. The facilities is so beautiful and well-cared for. I always recommend EG to anyone who is looking for home in assisted living or memory care. The staff is totally awesome. This was the best move.

Marcy Shodrock March 31, 2015

My husband has been a resident since Oct 2013. I feel confident that he is in the best place. My sons and I visited numerous facilities and chose the one we felt would give him the care he deserves. He has never had a bruise, sore, and is always clean!. The staff is warm, friendly and professional and shows concern for him and me.

Caring108378050 March 27, 2015

My mom has been a resident at Esplanade Gardens for six years. During this time, she has received excellent care.

Louise Jeter February 08, 2015

I have a relative in Esplanade Gardens. The only good thing is that it is very close to my house so I can go several times a day to ensure things are done properly. The housekeeping is negligible and the maintenance is non-existent and they are unable to permanently repair anything. The food is horrible and portions are small. The rooms, especially the bathrooms, are not in good shape, they are old, outdated, and in disrepair. I noted several items that needed to be fixed and they have not been after 4 months. The grounds are not well maintained. The residents have to empty their own trash and provide the trash bags. After almost 4 months they have yet to have a fire drill. I don't even know if the fire alarms work or the sprinkler system. The front sidewalk frequently has debris on it and it is never swept. Safety appears not to be a concern at the facility.

maggie21 December 23, 2014

I've been visiting Esplanade Gardens for a little over 3 years now. I have not only gotten to know the administrator, but all of the directors and many of the staff..but most of the residents. I have never been disappointed or concerned about the conditions of this facility. Many of the residents I have become friends with love living there. They have a beautiful facility, amazing kitchen staff, dining facilities and the most wonderful social lives. The way the staff interacts with the residents shows it is a true family. When there is a big celebration, for eg, Mardi Gras, the memory care has the same celebration the senior living does. They interact, have a social life, are very well cared for.
I am also friends with many of the residents children who I get to see when they visit. They are all completely satisfied with the care their parents receive. One gentleman I know was lonely and distraught when his wife passed away. He was done...until he moved into EG. His life changed and he enjoys his friends, his pooch, and particularly the staff. My regret was I didn't know about this place while my family was caring for my 91 year old mother. We took care of her at home. Had I been aware of this great facility, I'm sure she would have loved it, as my mother was a very social woman. Are there issues? Probably. Not every staff member can be at the patients side every moment, but I would be very surprised if they were ever neglected. I have been there when the State and Corporate has made their planned and surprise inspections and they always come out on top. So before you read and take a bad review to heart, make sure you read through all of the reviews before you decide. This one is A-1 in my heart.

Familyman5 December 23, 2014

I visit this facility frequently. It is a very well run home in a tough environment. Management and staff are caring and supportive. Residents hold meetings to discuss and make changes on issues that affect their lives. I am not familiar with the memory care unit to the extent of commenting on it but the general resident care is handled extremely well and other resident family members/friends I know are genuinely pleased. Looking forward to becoming a resident some day.

mrudd December 22, 2014

I recently stayed at Esplanade Gardens and it was amazing. I arrived the day of the Casino Party and I did know places like this existed. The food was excellent and it was kept very clean

mbroder322 December 03, 2014

If you have a choice I would steer clear of Esplanade Gardens. I visit my mother every day and the lack of care is horrible. Management always apologies but doesn't hold anyone accountable. First impression are great especially the first floor. The memory care residents are not clean in a timely manner and left for several hours at a time before changed. Literally sitting in soiled depends, soiled bedding, sheet and floors. No hand sanitizing prior to meals. Paperwork of security checks is are not accurately documented. Medicine not always administered in a timely manner, waiting 2 week after UTI diagnose for medication. Undermanned, underpaid, high turn over. If your looking for attention to detail for your memory care loved one - this is not the place!

Caring95583950 November 14, 2014

I visited Esplanade Gardens. I didn't stay there long enough. I walked in the front, got disgusted, and walked out. They were too busy to give me a tour. When they finally gave a tour, they took me to a dining room, and I don't think it was clean to my standard. They had an automatic door that led in more bugs than I've ever seen in my life.

David86404750 June 17, 2014

I visited Esplanade, and they only had single rooms. It was small. You could have a hospital bed and maybe a chair, a dresser, a small TV, and not more than that. The people who were living there were nice. I don't know about the activities. They only thing I knew was that they would transport you to a doctor and to the stores during the week. I would not recommend them.

Red5 March 28, 2014

They try to do a good job. The biggest problem is they tell me to late when my wife's meds. are low. I have to do mail order and that take time. They also do not do a very good job of cleaning my wife's teeth. I have to do it myself. I don't always have time to do this because sometimes I only have a short time to visit. I would rather be having family time. They have a good staff and I like them. They just need to work on those two areas of their job.

Joshuline February 27, 2014

Esplanade Gardens is great. It's just that it's too expensive. My parents can't afford the prices that I've ran across. It was like $5,000 or some dollars for both of them if somebody has Alzheimer's. They have two different sizes of rooms. They have a 7 sq. footage where the area is smaller then they have one that's larger. Even with the one that was smaller, still, it's too expensive. My parents cannot afford it.

We went for lunch. The food was great. They have all kinds of activities. I think they have bingo and they play cards and they do different things. Then they go out to shop.

I was very impressed with the lady administrator or director that's running it. She's very nice and very professional. But she told me that if I wanted them to give them their medicines, it would be $200 a month more for each one of them. That was my choice to pay $400 a month more for them to give them their meds or for me to drive out there everyday. I just thought that was the worst thing in the world to charge that big amount and they won't even give them their meds unless you paid extra so that was something else that turned me off with them.

Star55 December 06, 2013

Esplanade is truly an amazing place! My mother was a resident at Esplanade for 3 years. It would be hard to describe everything that we loved about Esplanade! First, the director and staff are so outstanding, and Esplanade reflects their dedication and concern for the residents! It is run so professionally. I liked that there was someone at the front desk to greet guests and to monitor the signing in and signing out of all residents and guests. I always knew my mother was safe. Medication is strictly monitored, and my mother knew that someone would come to her room quickly if she needed assistance. Going to the dining room is like dining out at your favorite restaurant. There is a menu, and my mother loved that she could choose what she wanted to eat. There is a beautiful salad bar, and the dessert cart is something to behold!! My Mom has now moved to Georgia and lives in an assisted living facility close to my house. I will always be grateful to the director and to all of the staff at Esplanade!

stealth_technologies June 13, 2012

Espalande Gardens is a sensible choice for those who may require personal care and support. Residents are given their own studio suite for privacy and for added security each suite also has an emergency call system monitored by the on-site staff 24 hours/7 days a week. The residents have common areas for socializing and engaging in group activities. All meal times feature tableside service, (including restaurant-style menus and entr̩e options.) The beautiful dining room is very open and intriguing, bringing a friendly atmosphere that is sure to please everyone in it. Although Espalande Gardens is a really beautiful place with nice services, I believe the true beauty of their operation is the care received by patients. In addition to the interior d̩cor and privacy, espalande also offers personal services which may include assistance with dressing, grooming, eating, ambulation, bathing and medication management. Personalized care plans are designed to encourage independence at all levels because our goal is get our residents moving along in life.While the beauty of the assisted living campus is evident at every turn, the true beauty lies in the supportive services available. Personal services may include assistance with dressing, grooming, eating, ambulation, bathing and medication management. Personalized care plans are designed to encourage independence at all levels while providing the support needed to live in a private studio suite.

daleyoungblood November 17, 2011

terrible conditions; the employees act as if they don't care about the residents. during activity time (for the alzheimer's unit) the employees don't encourage the residents to participate.

About Esplanade Gardens

Esplanade Gardens is an assisted living facility in Converse, TX that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Esplanade Gardens for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Esplanade Gardens

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Private services