Garden Plaza of Valley View

1130 North Allumbaugh, Boise, ID, 83704

Reviews of Garden Plaza of Valley View

Carol90236650 July 31, 2014

I have visited Garden Plaza of Valley View and it's really great. I've eaten there; the food was great. I'd been in the rooms. The size of the rooms is very, very nice. We have two aunts there that each has an apartment of their own and they're both very adequate for what they need. They have a wonderful, wonderful area for television or puzzles or library. They have a room that even a great group of family can come and visit and eat in there if they need to. They have very, very nice facilities for dining. They have activities. It is a very nice place.

There are several different buildings all on the same campus. They're clean and up to date. Everything is nice. It's not overly modern because it's older people there but everything is fresh, new and nothing run down, nothing dilapidated or needing repair.

The staff has been very nice. My husband's uncle was having a problem and we were there trying to help and they were great. They had to eventually move my husband's uncle from the facilities because he became Alzheimer's that they couldn't handle at the assisted living place. When we were there and problems arose, they handled it very well. They were very kind and treated everybody with respect.

Caring78829050 February 28, 2014

Grandpa was at Valley View. They're friendly and they welcome visitors. I think it is very comfortable and very friendly. You feel like you belong in a small community. The staff is very helpful and very concern. If grandpa didn't come down for lunch or if he missed a meal, they were there within half an hour knocking on the door using their pass key and check on him. They really try very hard to involve people in activities. Their activities are scheduled two days a week. They don't have it every day of the week. The dining room area is so much nicer. They have good food.

JB1 January 30, 2014

My sister and my dad looked at different places, the nicest one they found is Garden Plaza Valley View. The whole facility is beautiful. The staff is very nice and friendly, very concerned of how he was and even the residents too. He likes his room a lot. They were able to get it at a better discount because it doesn't have a view of the mountain but sunshine still comes in. I did not try the food but my sisters did and my dad is very happy with it. He had a terrible appetite when he moved in but since then he has put on some weight.

They have all kinds of activities. On Holidays, there's a choir and a band, the college foot ball team was there and they had snacks and drinks. For New Year's Eve there was a party. They also do trips once a week to different grocery stores, go to a local casino once every quarter, church services, flea shop, card games and an exercise room where he participates in. He always calls me and says "I've done this, I've done that". I'd go there if I'm old enough.

fransthebest December 20, 2013

I have friends that live at Garden Plaza of Valley View. I come over at least once a month and we have lunch with our other friends and play Bridge there. Everyone seems so happy living there and we are always greeted so warmly by all the staff. We plan to be living there one day soon. It is important to me how other resident's and my friends feel about living there and they all just love it-especially the food which I will say is delicious with all the choices on the menu, and all the activities sound great too. My friend's apartment is lovely as well.

Not impressed with Garden Plaza staff November 19, 2013

Beautiful facility and good food, however, I would not recommend it. The bathrooms have tubs that are an a cheap tub with a notchout, slanted at the back. An accident waiting to happen if a bench/chair is needed or not. Sales staff and management debated us about it, were rude and didn't seem to think that the 1970's kitchen hardware and light were a problem. Definitely not worth it for the price they charge. Disappointed with the entire sales process.

Lynda8 October 17, 2013

Garden Plaza was beautiful and clean. The rooms were really big. The staff seemed really nice. However, it was out of our price range.

About Garden Plaza of Valley View

Garden Plaza of Valley View is an assisted living facility in Boise, ID that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Garden Plaza of Valley View for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Garden Plaza of Valley View