Atria Park of Ann Arbor

1901 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI, 48105

Promotion ends in 38 days!

The best time to choose Atria is right NOW! For a limited time*, you can lock in our current rental rate with no increases until at least January 1, 2019. Don't miss this opportunity! - *Offer valid on certain apartments for move-in by September 30, 2017.

Reviews of Atria Park of Ann Arbor

November 22, 2016

By Linda415153

I visited Atria Park of Ann Arbor. I liked the way they had their dining room set up. It was more like a restaurant. I liked their studio apartment better than the other place I went to. It was only 2 miles from my home. I liked the fact that they offered dancing on the chair as well as singing which my mother loved. Also, they were making pottery. They also took day trips to places. You could have 3 meals in a day, and they served it like a restaurant. They were open at 7 in the morning and closed at 7 at night. You could come anytime during the day to order your meals. They had doctors that came in every week. They had a podiatrist that came in, and they also had the 24-hour nurse there.

August 18, 2016

By visitor283877

I was impressed by the programs, the cleanliness of the place, and the attitude of the staff at Atria. They were all positive and had a full menu of activities. The surroundings were very nice.

February 10, 2016

By Melanie14

We visited Atria Park of Ann Arbor for my parents. This one stands out in my mind as something we like, and enjoy. When we were there, we did get to see someone playing guitar, and a lot of the people were down participating. It was very nice to see. Everybody was enjoying the activity. The rooms were nice. The menu looked great. You always have multiple options. We talked to one of the residents, and she said that she loves the food. The staff was very nice, and helpful. We actually visited there twice. Atria Park of Ann Arbor stood out in my mind the most, but it was still more than what we needed for help.

January 24, 2016

By Visitor118651450

Atria is very nice. I was able to see the rooms. I was pleased with the setup in terms of usable space, bathrooms, and such. The chef was very good, and actually prepared something for me to taste, and I thought that was a nice touch. The staff is very friendly, and interested in each individual. They take members offsite for entertainment, and they have a lot to offer. I chose Atria over the others because they offer religious services which is very important for my mom.

January 19, 2016

By Loving Daughter25

I did not care for Atria Park of Ann Arbor. First off, I did not like the road it was on; trying to get in and out of there would be a pain in the neck. Also, I did not feel like they were that engrossed with their residents. When I went up and down in the elevator while being shown around, some of the residents would come in complaining about this, that, or the other thing, so I didn’t like that. I did not see any activity really nor see anyone being involved. I only went and looked for a day, so maybe it was just a bad day. That place did not impress me. The rooms were small. The residents in the elevator didn’t seem like they were very happy, but they were the only ones I saw.

Thank you for visiting our community and for taking the time to write this review. I’m sorry that Atria Park of Ann Arbor wasn’t a perfect fit for your family at this time but hope that you’ll visit us again in the future. If you’d like to share feedback with me directly, you can reach me at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com

November 30, 2015

By Anonymous116881950

The sales representative at Atria Park came out to meet us immediately. She was delightful, very well informed, very good communication skills. We looked at one of the apartments, but it was too small for us. The chef met with us and assured me that he could meet my dietary needs. They presented us with a gift of food. They invited us to come back for dinner. It was very informative. We were very pleased with it.

September 30, 2015

Atria Park was quite nice, but it was too expensive. For the 2 of us, it was going to be $6300 a month. The rooms are smaller than other places because it’s set up for assisted living. The staff was fine and very accommodating. We had lunch there; it was good. They have entertainment, and they do go on some trips like to the stores.

September 17, 2015

We went to Atria Park of Ann Arbor, and it was very nice. I felt it was too fancy or too elegant. I did not think my husband would be comfortable in a place like that, but it was lovely.

May 29, 2015

I am very pleased with Atria senior living (Atria Park of Ann Arbor). It is a very fine facility. They seem to be conscious of everybody that is there and what is going on with them. The rooms are very nice. It has a little more privacy than what you will typically find in a memory care. They have all kinds of specific activities for people who have dementia. They have things going on all day. The have a spa day. They have exercise, music, and a sharing time or kind of a news time. My parents are in their second month there and there's already been 3 or 4 outings. The food is very good with a wide variety. They have 2 options on every meal. They have fresh homemade soup every meal. They have 1 soup each day, but it is a different soup every day. The dining area has small tables of 4 -- which has cloth napkins and tablecloths -- and it is lovely. Every memory care has its own dining area so there are only 20 people. My parents are in the memory care, and they are on the 4th floor. They cannot go up and down on the elevator because it is a locked elevator. They are very good.

March 11, 2015

My best friend said Atria Park was OK, but her comment was that she was disappointed in the way they were delivering medication or not delivering medication for her. In the beginning they were going to help her with the medication, and now they are not. She has a specialized health case; I’m sure that’s probably one of the issues. Sanitation is OK, but the expectations that were promised weren’t met. I would rate 4 for the staff, and the place is nice.

Thank you for sharing your best friend’s concern. The input from our residents is very valuable to us and helps us continue to improve quality. If you feel comfortable sharing more about this, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com

December 02, 2014

By Lisa27193950

When I visited Atria Ann Arbor, it was called Sunrise. It was wonderful. It was very comfortable and homey. The staff treated me very well. They brought a lot of people into the facility to entertain the residents. They had very close relation with the girl scouts and a lot of volunteer groups. The apartments had living room, a kitchen, a separate bedroom, and a separate bathroom. They were very spacious. The dining room was small, but the food was very good. I was very pleased with the facility. I would recommend them.

September 23, 2014

Sandy in Atria was absolutely fabulous. I would probably lean towards connecting with her again if we decide to move my mother-in-law. She really did a good job on educating me in reaching out again after I had visited. The facility was clean and well run; the rooms and the dining room was immaculate.

September 17, 2014

By stubbytoes

There is a high amount of turnover and frequent vacancy in administrative and other positions. Yes, the staff receives a lot of training (they are gone for many days) and yes, you will pay for that in the very high rates. A lot is invested in slick marketing and common area spaces to seduce relatives into feeling good about the placement of their loved one. Sadly, the spaces look nice but the care does not measure up. If you want good care, choose another facility. If you want a nice bistro and have a lot of extra money, this may be a good fit. What care there is does not feel personal nor does it seem that any of the staff are really invested in the facility or its residents, though during their short terms of employment they do try. Although this is "assisted living" all care is additional. If your loved one needs help bathing, dressing, finding their way around, etc., that will cost much more than the basic quoted rate. Care costs can be increased at any time - we left the facility after the monthly cost exceeded $8500/mo. The new facility is so much more caring, has a long time, stable staff, and costs much much less for memory care.

You're right that there has been some transition in our community; please know that we make these decisions with the best interests of our residents in mind. I'm sorry if you did not feel the care was adequate and encourage you to reach out so that we may connect with you on how you feel it could be improved. We take feedback from our residents and families very seriously as they can provide valuable insight as to how we can constantly improve the services and care we provide. If you are willing, please reach out via customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com including “Atria Ann Arbor” in your subject line so we may quickly include the appropriate directors in the correspondence. We wish you the best and hope to hear from you if we can be of further service to your family.

July 31, 2014

By Laura37

The staff at Sunrise (now Atria Ann Arbor) was quite friendly, as far as the person that greeted me. I think I got to meet the director of the location. They showed me at least 2 different styles of rooms. They're very roomy, bright, and very nice. But honestly, the residents were bored. In fact, my family members didn't go there.

Atria has long been a leader in senior living with high standards and expectations and we have already made many positive changes to our community. Our residents are provided a daily schedule of activities delivered to their door each morning. Our schedule includes many planned outings and over 200 activities each month. We encourage you to reach out via customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com if you have any questions or feel we can be of further service to your family and if you include “Atria Ann Arbor” in your subject line, we can quickly include the right people in the correspondence. We are here to help and wish you the best!

May 21, 2014

By Sheila10

My boyfriend's mother was at Sunrise, and she really liked it there. It had a nice, homey environment. The rooms were really nice. It was fixed up like her own, so she really thought she was still at home and not like in the hospital. It had a big, nice porch too. They had all home-cooked food. She met a lot of friends there. I would recommend it, but it's not a modest place to live; it's quite expensive. It's all worth it if you can afford it.

March 18, 2014

By NotSunriseNorthAnnArbor

I wouldn't recommend Sunrise to anyone. When our loved one stayed there for close to a month, the facility was in a major staff transition. Every leadership position, except for Maintenance, either turned over or was staffed part-time by someone from another Sunrise community. The bulk of the aides were provided by an outside agency due to their predecessors being let go in a mass firing. The Director blatantly told us that they were unable to provide even the level of care outlined in their literature. She could not answer basic questions, had to take the question down and ask her boss. We learned over consistent high turnover, and that the head of maintenance who had been there for something like 24 years recently left in disgust. Shocking that they remain licensed.

Thank you for your feedback and we're sorry that you did not have a positive experience with our community. Please contact us at Information@SunriseSeniorLiving.com to share additional details so that we may learn more. – The Sunrise Team

October 31, 2013

By Tanya4

We choose Sunrise for my Aunt because we like the lay out of the place and the cost is affordable. My aunt has her own room in the memory car unit and it is spacious. The staff is friendly and accommodating. I will recommend them to others.

May 16, 2012

By collegestudent3141

The rooms there are rather small and mobility seems to be a big issue, especially with the irregular shape of the building. The service there makes up for the design of the building. They have full-time employees day and night, more than enough to take good care of the elderly living there. The provide all kinds of activities and leisures for the residents. From pool to cards, from chess to exercising activities. The food there was spectacular, even better than some of the restaurants in Ann Arbor. The workers there care for the elders, not really out of caring but out of obligation. The price there is a little expensive but its not too bad. Its near University of Michigan so I could visit them whenever I wanted to. It was a little loud and crowded on Saturday's during our football game, all the streets would be deadlocked and the it was very loud but otherwise its quite a nice neighborhood.

January 09, 2012

By Social Worker # 1

I think that Sunrise in Home Care, in Ann Arbor Michigan is an excellent choice for someone who is independent and who prefers to live independently in the privacy of their own home and who is looking for some outside supportive care and assistance with their activities of daily living for them self, a friend, or a loved one. They provide their patients with an array of supportive services and assistance such as; personal care with bathing, dressing, grooming, meal preparation, transportation services to medical appointments, light housekeeping and laundry services. They provide a skilled and trained team of health care professionals' nurses, cena's, therapist, physicians, and various other supportive services, assistance and medical equipment that is necessary to meet their clients individual needs as PRN. They provide companions, medication reminders and assistance with self administered medications. They also provide 3 hours to 24/7 hours on a daily basis for their clients needs as necessary to fit into their clients' individual plans of care that is assessed by their trained and skilled team of licensed Nurses. In general, I would rank the Sunrise in Home Care with a five stars rating for their excellence and expertise in home care.

September 29, 2010

By Care4u1

Unpleasant establishment

When taking a tour through sunrise north of Ann Arbor the community had bedbugs, ants, beetles and bees throughout the suites. Screaming and yelling senior citizens who were being verbally abusive towards other citizens and staff members. The community had an awful odor as soon as you walked in the front main doors too. Management seemed unprofessionally towards their staff members when talking to them. Community needs to be cleaned, dust on flowers, floors need major cleaning, I wouldn't move my loved one into this community not a pleasant place to live.

Photos of Atria Park of Ann Arbor

Services & Amenities of Atria Park of Ann Arbor

• State Licenses: AH810272018

About Atria Park of Ann Arbor

Atria Park of Ann Arbor provides older adults with an active lifestyle filled with daily opportunities for fitness, fun, personal growth and connecting with others. This welcoming, thoughtfully designed community offers charming wraparound porches and beautifully landscaped grounds with walking paths and a private lake. Inside, you’ll find comfortable amenities and an abundance of inviting common spaces and dining venues for gathering with neighbors.

Residents also take part in off-site excursions, enjoying the wealth of cultural, entertainment, dining and shopping venues in and around the area. Conveniently located just across from the University of Michigan’s North Campus and only minutes from downtown, it’s easy for family and friends to visit.

With discreet, personalized support from a 24-hour staff, residents can live more independently - and enjoy an active lifestyle filled with opportunities for fun, connection and personal growth.

For individuals with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, Atria Park of Ann Arbor offers Life Guidance® - innovative memory care in a secure, structured environment.

Map of Atria Park of Ann Arbor