Brookdale Valencia

300 Valencia Drive SE, Albuquerque, NM, 87108

Reviews of Brookdale Valencia

Marty9 March 19, 2015

We found a place called Brookdale at Valencia. It had all the amenities that I was looking for. The staff is great. The staff is fabulous. The problem is they are understaffed. The rooms are very nice and spacious. I have tried to eat there, and intermittently they have good food, but for the most part it is not very exciting. They have quite a few activities for the residents there. They have meet and greet, and they have sitcoms with different acts that come to the place on Fridays. They try to be fit. They have cheery yoga and water exercises. They really do a good job on that.

Dave26 December 26, 2014

I visited Brookdale Place. It was very clean. The walls were freshly painted. It looked like the facility was well taken care of. The rooms were spacious and clean, and I think they were well laid out. The staff was friendly and very helpful with mom playing overtime with her stigma in the fear of going into an "old folk's home". My mom thought they had very nice apartments, but again this was an old folk's home, and she's not ready for an old folk's home. They had activities like sewing and knitting. They had social get together of some sort. I liked that all the people there were friendly and seemed to be happy there.

Caring91274750 August 28, 2014

I visited Brookdale Place at Valencia and it seems to be fine. It was a very nice facility. The staff was OK. They were very kind. Their one-bedroom apartment was very nice. They had like a hundred residents.

Caring89698650 July 31, 2014

I visited the Brookdale Place. It was my second choice. Everything was fine. The people were friendly. It's in a part of town that if somebody walks too far, they're in a bad area, and I knew my brother would take off. He would still go for long walks, because he isn't that old. The place itself is beautiful. The area around it is nice, too.

There are a couple of things. There's the fact that there wasn't a lot of places you would walk to that you would be safe. The room that they had available was nice. It was a ground level floor, which was nice. The dining room was nice.

Netta1 July 19, 2014

I placed my dad at Brookdale Place of Valencia, and I am happy with the facility. He is still there, and everything is great. We are very happy with the whole facility. He has a one-bedroom apartment with a balcony. He goes to morning exercise every day from 9 to 9:30, and he goes down for three meals a day. He also goes to pool therapy two times a week for an hour and a half. The dining facility is great, and he seems to enjoy everything on the menu. We chose this facility because it is an independent living facility where you could move into assisted living.

Jan32 May 30, 2014

Brookdale Place at Valencia is my number one choice. I was really impressed with everything about the facility. I thought the residents seemed to be very happy and friendly. They were obviously very happy with where they were. The energy of the place was very positive. The place was very clean. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the units I saw, plus the general facility. Everything about it was very nice. Regarding the rooms, I thought they were much more generous and thoughtful, as far as providing closet space and storage space and things like that.

Jodi3 February 27, 2014

My grandmother is in Brookdale and it seems everybody knows her and talks to her. The staff has always been every nice. They are checking on her every two hours. Their food is very good. They have activities all the time, I just don't know if she goes to them. They have swimming pool and a nice exercise room. Her room is like a little studio apartment. It is like an L-shape with bathroom. She also has a refrigerator and microwave. There is stove but we don't have the stove working for her. She also has a kitchen table, a love seat, a recliner, a dresser and a bed.

Jptinohio February 21, 2014

My mother lived in Brookdale Assisted Living for the last three and half years of her life. The entire Management and staff with their personal compassionate card are the strength of this facility. They appropriately identified the correct time for Hospice to come and coordinated with them very well. We are comforted in the fact that Mom spent her last years in such a caring environment. If we had a rare issue and raised it to management it was handled promptly. The facility has been recently remodeled in good taste and we think appeals to its potential residents. Having Mom in a facility that provided/coordinated all phases of end of life (assisted living, nursing, hospice) in her same apartment and surroundings was important to us and Mom. Job well done Brookdale, Thank You.

Larry21 October 05, 2013

Brookdale Place is nice but it's more expensive and more fancy. The rooms are also nicer. You could tell it's a good place.

Rick12 September 30, 2013

We felt Brookdale Place at Valencia would meet the needs of my mom-in-law in terms of assisted living so we put her in there. They had a good reputation. We toured the facility and saw that the staff were caring and it seemed like she will be receiving good care in there. The food was okay.

Lovely Wife September 26, 2013

I visited Brookdale Valencia and it's an older facility, but very nice. The people were extremely nice. The staff were very pleasant. The price is quite reasonable and the rooms are of adequate size.

GloriaV July 25, 2013

I visited Brookdale Place Valencia and it just did not stand out for me. It was kind of small and laid back. The facility itself was an older facility. Their rooms were also on the small side. However, the facility had a very friendly atmosphere. I like that it was also very pet-friendly.

Suzanne10 July 24, 2013

We chose Brookdale Place because it had both independent living and assisted living facilities. My mom also liked the price. It was clean and modern. My mom had a two bedroom apartment with two bathrooms, living room and kitchen. It was very big compared to the others we saw online and it could accommodate two people. They had a lot of activities and they had something going on everyday. They had a lot of music and dancing which my mom liked. Even if you were in the independent living, you could just pay for the additional services you wanted and they did it. Although the dining room seemed to be understaffed with waitresses, but the food was good. The location was not on the best part of town so that was a concern but it was fully-fenced. So far, I had not seen any problem.

Caring500505 February 28, 2012

I visited them regarding care for my mother. I am still researching facilities that specialize in memory care. I really like the layout of the facility. The Memory care portion of the facility was very impressive. The caretakers had an unobstructed view of the entire memory care unit. The residents' lived in quarters that resembled little neighborhoods. It is a controlled environment yet I didn't get the feeling that it was a confined space.

They could go wherever they chose in their neighborhoods of 5-7 groups without it being an overwhelming environment.

I like the outside areas of the memory care unit as well. It was inviting and non intimidating. I would definitely recommend this facility to others.

PattyAnn1 September 30, 2011

My husband and I looked into Brookdale Place at Valencia because we can no longer take cant of my mother-in-law on our own. When we arived the staff seemed to be very friendly and patient while they showed us around and awnsered our questions. They were very interested in what my mother-in-law had to say and treated her with lots of respect. My husband liked this alot and it made him feel better about looking into Brookdale because it made him feel like his mother would be taken good care of. We were shown one of the apartments that they have to offer, Nancy (my mother-in-law) loved the size and layout of the apartment. she said "it's great, I could really see myself moving into a space like this." We were also taken to the dinning room witch seemed very nice. It had plenty of space for people to eat and the food was high qulity and very tasty. WE all loved this place and nancy is now living there very happly.

Cat_Fan_79 July 31, 2011

I need help taking care of my elderly father. That's why we took a tour of Brookdale Place Valencia. Brookdale Place Valencia is located about three blocks south of Central Avenue on 300 Valencia Drive SE.A friendly staff member named Pam took us on a tour of Brookdale Place Valencia. Pam was very nice to my father and me. She was also very patient while she showed us what the facility had to offer. I appreciated that because it showed that she cared about my father's needs.She started the tour by taking us to the library room. It was a cozy space that contained many books about sports, finance and other topics. My dad liked it because the room's large window made the area inviting. Pamela then took us to the residents' dining room. It looked clean. It also seemed to have enough room to allow residents to relax while eating.Moreover, the food they served us for lunch was quite delicious. The sandwiches and brownies were fresh. They contained high-quality ingredients. They also were served in huge portions. We later toured the kitchen where the residents' meals are prepared. It seemed clean and inviting. The staff members were also friendly. Pamela then showed my father inside one of the facility's apartments. The apartment seemed to be comfortable. It also seemed to be furnished with the things you'd need to live comfortably. He seemed to enjoy the apartment's kitchen because it had a powerful microwave that he could use to prepare snacks quickly. Finally, we took a tour of the game room. The game room had a pool table, an air hockey table and a card table. My father especially enjoyed the pool table because it could be converted into a snooker table.As a result, my father and I would gladly consider Brookdale Place Valencia for all of my dad's long-term care needs.

From Brookdale Valencia

Brookdale Valencia provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Valencia