Carillon Senior LifeCare Community - Lubbock, TX

1717 Norfolk Ave, Lubbock, TX, 79430

Reviews of Carillon Senior LifeCare Community - Lubbock, TX

VeryPleasedLubbock July 11, 2012

The facility was very clean and organized. The staff seemed very nice and really familiar with the needs of the residents there. The pool area was nice, the dining area was sufficient enough to handle the volume of people there. The housekeeping staff seemed to be doing their job very well because the place was spotless. I really liked the fact that they didn't make their residence participate in group activities but allowed them to do their own thing during the day. That way if my aunt wanted to spend time by herself or decide to go to the pool she would be able to do so as she pleased to a certain extent. One of the really big issues I was having with my aunt was her trying to cook and clean by herself. The fact that they offered all meals, house keeping took care of the facility and they offered the laundry service almost sold me. The leasing options they had did not fit into my budget so unfortunately I had to go another route. There's nothing negative to say about this place at all, had I had the money for her to become a residence I would have.

lhut2012 December 08, 2011

Our Mimi was there two Christmas's ago. She was brought there because she needed constant supervision. Although her stay was not long we had the best experience with the staff through such a hard time. They were very caring and compassionate and did all that they could to ensure that her last days were good. They were genuinely concerned for her and our family and were touched when she passed. This to me showed the heart of those that work there and they demonstrated that what they do is more than just a job. I would recommend them to anyone simply from the care and attention we saw with our loved one. The facility was also clean and very well kept. It was easily accessible and accomidating. The staff was educated as well as caring. They knew what they were doing and made the process easier for us so that we could focus on what needed to be done rather than technicalities. It was not a personally great experience to remember but with what was going on it was a great place to be.

From Carillon Senior LifeCare Community - Lubbock, TX

For more than forty years, Carillon has enjoyed a reputation as the most comprehensive retirement community in West Texas by focusing on excellence. A not-for-protit, self-owned organization, Carillon is governed by a board of directors consisting of local business leaders. The board works closely with Carillon residents to ensure the lifestyle enjoyed by all is the finest and most fulfilling possible.

Carillon is managed by Life Care Services, a respected and progressive force in the senior living industry, currently serving more than 30,000 residents in over 100 communities nationwide. Life Care Services gives Carillon residents the added assurance of ongoing stability and advances in retirement living.

Best of all, Carillon is home to some of Lubbock’s most cherished and respected citizens, many of whom helped build Lubbock into the thriving community it is today. They include administrators and teachers, farmers and ranchers, Texas Tech professors and employees, physicians and nurses, and representatives from all eras of Lubbock’s rich heritage.

Features of Carillon Senior LifeCare Community - Lubbock, TX

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Skilled nursing

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, W/D in residence

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Minimum age: 55

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Carillon Senior LifeCare Community - Lubbock, TX